Poll

Would you be interested in entering this tournament?

Yes!
No.

Author Topic: FullImpact - Signups  (Read 5127 times)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: FullImpact - Discussion
« Reply #20 on: January 10, 2015, 03:58:08 PM »
heavyweight is noticeably better !

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #21 on: January 10, 2015, 04:00:07 PM »
Why, does it allow you to attach more beer bottles/razors?
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • You can buy my stuff here!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 05:28:42 AM »
After a very close poll, the heavyweights managed to turn it around and win decisively.

Middleweight "MW" (249.0 - 399.0 kg) 4 (26.7%)
Cruiserweight "CW" (399.0 - 600.0 kg) 4 (26.7%)
Heavyweight "HW" (399.0 - 800.0 kg) 7 (46.7%)

Thanks to everyone who voted!  :claping

Along with the weight class, judge burst (max 2) is now allowed. I also fixed a "loophole" in the entry section.

I got a question regarding Judge Burst.
Judge Bursts are powerful, but also unreliable since they, with too little weight on them can move outside of the range set creating almost Havok-like events. How should I judge that? Should it be counted as a Havok explosion or something else? It obviously cant be allowed to happen.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2015, 05:35:08 AM »
Its a havok. If they do not protect the weaponary enough and it breaks and allows it to havok, they have failed.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: January 11, 2015, 05:49:22 AM »
Its a havok. If they do not protect the weaponary enough and it breaks and allows it to havok, they have failed.
Well thats the thing, the Judge Burst doesn't have to break to create this effect. I think its just the power that makes it go outside the fixed range and swinging the weapon 360 making the bot catapulting. Maybe I've just been unlucky when testing and this is not as common as I think. I would also consider it a Havok though, but maybe there are other ideas.

Regarding your post about AI stuff. Right now its not up for discussion, cause then this thread would be flooded :) As long as 8 people are willing to step up to the task, I'm happy. If not, then I'll consider my options.

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2015, 07:01:26 AM »
I think its just the power that makes it go outside the fixed range and swinging the weapon 360 making the bot catapulting. Maybe I've just been unlucky when testing and this is not as common as I think.
Yes, it's the power of the Judge burst doing that. You need to put at least 30kg or so on it to prevent it havoking.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2015, 01:46:28 PM »
Yes, it's the power of the Judge burst doing that. You need to put at least 30kg or so on it to prevent it havoking.

Alright, thanks!

So as a tip for you guys intending to use judge bursts is to put some extra weight in there and perhaps look up the weapon numbers ( by using the beutiful <a href="https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?action=downloads;sa=downfile&id=97">Apanx Bot Exporter</a>) so they stop firing if they get too light to avoid loosing by Havok (cause that would suck).

So with that, I think everything is set to run the final poll checking the interest  :dumb) We need at least 4 votes to move this in to signups. If theres any concerns (no not regarding AI) pls let me know before we hit signups.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 11, 2015, 02:16:52 PM »
Clusterbots (max 2) are allowed with the limitation that the bots has to be copies of each other. If one on the two bots is immobilised, then both are considered out.
Pls no

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 11, 2015, 02:21:17 PM »
Clusterbots (max 2) are allowed with the limitation that the bots has to be copies of each other. If one on the two bots is immobilised, then both are considered out.
Pls no
Elaborate. Are you against clusterbots or/and the limitation or/and the rule? And why?

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2015, 02:29:59 PM »
Pls no
Elaborate. Are you against clusterbots or/and the limitation or/and the rule? And why?
The limitation and the rule, but mostly the "If one on the two bots is immobilised, then both are considered out." because it's just dumb imo. I honestly don't see any point at all behind that rule.

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2015, 02:55:24 PM »
The limitation and the rule, but mostly the "If one on the two bots is immobilised, then both are considered out." because it's just dumb imo. I honestly don't see any point at all behind that rule.
The reason behind is that I believe clusterbots is just a tad overpowered. Some doesn't allow them at all but I wanted to give people the option to enter clusterbots but that there had to be some kind of drawback. The rule itself is taken from Robot Wars and I think it fits well here since the AI targets on distance rather on which bot is the most injured so theres no "abusement" of the rule. But Im willing to change it if a majority wants it.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2015, 03:04:54 PM »
The reason behind is that I believe clusterbots is just a tad overpowered. Some doesn't allow them at all but I wanted to give people the option to enter clusterbots but that there had to be some kind of drawback. The rule itself is taken from Robot Wars and I think it fits well here since the AI targets on distance rather on which bot is the most injured so theres no "abusement" of the rule. But Im willing to change it if a majority wants it.
I don't think I have ever heard someone call clustersbots op before  :dumb) In my eyes they usually a worse/on par with normal bots.

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2015, 06:33:04 PM »
Okay, from looking at your entry you have on the front page, I wouldn't classify that as IRL because it's a face spinner that spams razors in a manner that would belong in DSL-S. If you want to keep the style of the weapon as have it look a bit more IRL, try something like Craaig's Drill-bot. Other than that, It should be fine.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2015, 06:39:01 PM »
Yeah, RedAce is right. It looks great but I don't think I could move this to signups as an IRL tournament if that's your entry.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2015, 07:10:42 PM »
Okay, from looking at your entry you have on the front page, I wouldn't classify that as IRL because it's a face spinner that spams razors in a manner that would belong in DSL-S. If you want to keep the style of the weapon as have it look a bit more IRL, try something like Craaig's Drill-bot. Other than that, It should be fine.
Yeah, RedAce is right. It looks great but I don't think I could move this to signups as an IRL tournament if that's your entry.

Yeah I understand :) I messed up. I'll upload something else asap.

Offline toAst

• Rep: 5
  • this one goes out to all of my babies mamas
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2015, 09:08:13 PM »
I created IRL just as a one-off, I never intended it to have taken off as much as it did.
i like it and i like you for it
-------------------------------
who love to party

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: January 12, 2015, 07:05:01 AM »
Both of the clusterbot rules are stupid. It did not make sense in RW, and it doesn't make sense now. And the copy rule is also stupid. Also, if i make 2 mutated snowplow mw EVERYTHING DIES!
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline Shield

• The question isn't who will let me.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • It's who will stop me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: January 12, 2015, 08:53:09 AM »
the clusterbot rules are fine save for the 'copy' rule. have their total weight adding up to 800 would bring forth far more interesting entries.

as for the "if on of the bots are immobolised rule", personally, I'm okay with it. Battlebots used this rule and I believe RW used this rule. it all comes down to preference I guess.
beep beep

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: January 13, 2015, 10:03:20 AM »
I've decided to remove both of the clusterbot restrictions. I have not really changed my opinion about them but I've listened and S.H.I.E.L.D had a point that the restriction also limited the creative aspect. Removing the immobility rule eases the recording as well believe it or not.

I've also modified the Havok rule so that disqualification only applies to the group stage. It would be really unfortunate if the semis or finals got decided due to a Havok Explosion. Hopefully any unstable entries can be sort out during group stage. 

With that, I think were pretty much done here. We got enough votes to take this to Signups  :dance: If you changed your opinion (for better or worse) after these changes you can change your vote if you want to.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 10:44:45 AM by Agaton »

Offline cephalopod

Re: FullImpact - Signups
« Reply #39 on: January 13, 2015, 02:23:53 PM »
So I've decided to run my first tournament. It will be a small tournament so make sure you're ready to grab a spot once its up  :laughing

Tournament format: 

General Rules:
  • DSL 2.1
  • Ruleset - DSL IRL
  • Weight class - Heavyweight "HW" (up to 800.0 kg)
  • 8 entrants
  • One entry per person.
  • Bots has to be AI'd before sent.
  • If your bot is declined, you will have 48h to send a updated version before loosing your spot in queue. If the updated version is once again declined you'll loose your spot.
  • You're not allowed to update your bot once it has been approved unless there's a rule change.
  • Nobody can be entered until a bot is received and accepted.
  • Champion: Tournament Champion will be awarded with fireworks and a decal. The winning bot will automatically enter the (hopefully) second installment of FullImpact. The builder will receive a second spot as well. (up for discussion)
  • Bots that didn't make it out the group stage are not allowed to enter future FullImpact tournaments without serious changes.

Building Rules:
  • Weight class: Heavyweight "HW" (up to 800.0 kg)
  • Realistic rule. From what I understand, Most seem to have come to terms regarding this, to me , somewhat subjective style. The entries for The Great Round Robin 2 https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=16577.0 gives an indication of what kind of entries I expect for FullImpact.
  • In-game glitches are allowed since I doubt one can abuse it without breaking realistic rule, pls let me know if this ain't the case.
  • BFE is allowed for chassis design as long as bot stays realistic. All other external editing is forbidden.
  • Clusterbots (max 2) are allowed, their combined weight shall not exceed 800.0 kg.
  • No custom components except Madiaba's Smart Zones v3.
  • No armour attached to the underside of the baseplate.
  • No Narmour
  • Cheatbot2 components: MOE motor, Judge Burst (max 2)

Battle rules:
  • 3 minute matches.
  • Official Robot Arena 2 Tournament Arena
  • Hazards On.
  • Judging will be scored by points.
  • If havok, match will be restarted.
    If the same bot causes havok two times in a row during a match that bot will be disqualified, loosing the match. This rule only applies during group stage.

I will only enter if necessary. My entry is Forester
Did I miss anything?  :smile:

edit: BFE allowed for chassis design, one cheatbot2 component added, baseplate armor restriction and poll on weight class should be up any minute.
edit: Heavyweight is the weight class of choice, judge burst allowed, 2 declined entries in a row looses your spot in queue.
edit: added my entry in case were one short. replaced TripleXS with Forester
edit: removed both restrictions to clusterbot entries. also changed havok rule so that disqualification only applies in group stage to prevent a final ending with a disqualification due to havok which would suck.

This is now a signups topic and the rules stated above may not change. You have 3 months.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15