Author Topic: ROBOCRAFT  (Read 173398 times)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: ROBOCRAFT
« Reply #240 on: May 29, 2014, 06:12:34 AM »
I downgraded my rocket sled vindicare down to a tier 1 10-component sled with like 5 rockets for mobility and gave it a tier 2 or 3 railgun, and that works as intended. However, as soon as someone with enough SMG's find me, I'm toast. Sniping from afar and castrating other bots is the best way to use what I'm using.

rocket sleds BLOOP yeah

Come on Nary, being Mod doesn't let you swear in main forum (Yes I've edited it out).
Again and I may have to warn. Stupid as it sounds.

We are in off-topic, Craaig. Now off-topic is main forum ? That's madness.

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #241 on: May 29, 2014, 01:41:53 PM »
I downgraded my rocket sled vindicare down to a tier 1 10-component sled with like 5 rockets for mobility and gave it a tier 2 or 3 railgun, and that works as intended. However, as soon as someone with enough SMG's find me, I'm toast. Sniping from afar and castrating other bots is the best way to use what I'm using.

rocket sleds BLOOP yeah

Come on Nary, being Mod doesn't let you swear in main forum (Yes I've edited it out).

off-topic is part of main forum.

You are not in playground.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 03:17:57 PM by Kossokei »

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #242 on: May 30, 2014, 10:03:15 AM »

rocket sleds BLOOP yeah

off-topic is part of main forum.

You are not in playground.

Absolutely. I've replied to your rant in corporate office Nary so I won't repeat here.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: June 02, 2014, 11:56:56 AM »

Finally got my tank back to Tier 7 after a stupid amount of RP grinding.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: June 02, 2014, 12:34:26 PM »
it's so blue

Offline martymidget

• Rep: 7
  • Mr Flibble is very cross.
    • http://tts.imtranslator.n
    • View Profile
    • :)
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: June 02, 2014, 03:13:28 PM »
I like how I had a whole robot's worth of orange cubes before this huge update, and they're all gone now. Like 30k of RP wasted. Lovely.

Offline RFS

• Rep: 9
  • Ghost Raptor's #1 Fan
    • http://goo.gl/iwd1VI
    • gatorbox
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Update
    • Awards
  • Discord: gatorbox
« Reply #246 on: June 03, 2014, 01:31:00 AM »
This game looks exactly like everything I made in Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts. Even if a mission couldn't be solved with a laser gun I still found a way to use it to win.

I want to check out some gameplay of this to see what the damage system is like.
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Offline Domanating

• Rep: 18
  • It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: June 03, 2014, 06:48:53 PM »
The lack of fog of war that came with the last update is killing me, literally. You can see the opponents for miles. I can't be stealthy anymore. Plus sniper SMGs are a true pain.

Offline Hercules

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • The Argentinian member that loves chicken
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: June 03, 2014, 08:52:59 PM »
me: Ok! what a beautiful game! i'll google a few tutorials...
First thing that appears in google is gametechmods
ok i'll come back for a awhile again i guess

Click us!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline 123savethewhales

• Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: June 03, 2014, 10:37:45 PM »
The lack of fog of war that came with the last update is killing me, literally. You can see the opponents for miles. I can't be stealthy anymore. Plus sniper SMGs are a true pain.
Why not?  Stealth is fine as long as you take the proper path, and spam enough T1 Radar Jammers.

Ice Map - Stay within the field of ice columns
Bridge Map - Take either left or right lane
Crater Map - Take the left lane

But overall, never take the middle lane.  Even my stupid tank can't take the middle lane anymore because all my guns will be sniped off before reaching the targets.

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #250 on: June 04, 2014, 06:19:58 AM »
Why not?  Stealth is fine as long as you take the proper path, and spam enough T1 Radar Jammers.

Ice Map - Stay within the field of ice columns
Bridge Map - Take either left or right lane
Crater Map - Take the left lane

But overall, never take the middle lane.  Even my stupid tank can't take the middle lane anymore because all my guns will be sniped off before reaching the targets.

The ice map is by far the best map for me but before the update, taking the frozen lake was also a viable option. Now it isn't.

In the bridge map you can be briefly exposed to long range fire when you reach the center valley, when taking either one of the lanes. This was true even without the update but now it's even easier to be spotted.

As for the crater map it doesn't matter which lane I pick. I have nowhere to hide. I regurarly lose some pieces way before reaching the other half of the map.

The jammers are kind of pointless. I might lose the position of an enemy in the minimap, if he has jammer but my radar still points to him regardless. So I still know that he's closeby and I can track his movements

Offline Meeko011

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #251 on: June 05, 2014, 12:53:41 PM »
The game is a long way from finished. They have a crap-ton of balancing and map editing to do. I wonder what the game would be like if it wasn't Free to Play and if it would be better.
"When all else fails, get out the matches and daggers." -Zach, 2014

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #252 on: June 06, 2014, 02:53:19 PM »
These wings. I hope they are actually useful and no just terribly unefficient.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 03:28:09 PM by Naryar »

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #253 on: June 06, 2014, 03:18:32 PM »
These wings. I hope they are actually useful and no just terribly unefficient.

Wut! I've gotta go check them out!

Offline 123savethewhales

• Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #254 on: June 07, 2014, 01:16:18 AM »
So after the "Weight Matters" patch, turn out that weight matters even less now than before, and I get higher speed with lower level wheels and more armor.  Wheels also gotten bigger, with L5-6 wheels being just the right size IMO.

I manage to use up all 1511 CPU with 872 pieces.  Wheels downgraded from 8x L7 to 10x L6, and jammer from L1 to L2.  I have gotten many 5-6 kills today with this thing and a top record of 9 kills.

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #255 on: June 07, 2014, 07:03:16 AM »
So after the "Weight Matters" patch, turn out that weight matters even less now than before, and I get higher speed with lower level wheels and more armor.  Wheels also gotten bigger, with L5-6 wheels being just the right size IMO.

If that's the case, you could replace your L5-6 wheels for lower level ones, free up some ranking and CPU for more armor/higher lvl armor and possibily more guns.
The new weight system feels kind of weird, though. If you build a small car it feels like it's floating.

Hover vehicles no longer need thursters now. They turn on a dime but they feel a lot more unstable now.

The wings are awesome, imo. When later lvls come out, I'll Try converting my Ironclad into a flying sail ship

Offline 123savethewhales

• Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #256 on: June 07, 2014, 08:07:22 AM »
If that's the case, you could replace your L5-6 wheels for lower level ones, free up some ranking and CPU for more armor/higher lvl armor and possibily more guns.
Not really.  The robot ranking is barely noticeable when you undercut component past 2 levels.  1 L8 guns probably cost more robot ranking than 10x L5 wheels combined, so cutting lower will just end me up with lower wheel HP.

Besides, I actually cannot find a 8 guns setup with perfect line of fire.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #257 on: June 07, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
I made a rocket sled (hell yea) and it zips around and does triple backflips in the air after climbing a small hill, and it can climb mountains. Feels good man.

Still as difficult to control as ever, but yeah. Also promptly converted it into a plane. Awkward to control... Though planes will always be awkward with both turrets to control and the plane to fly.

They should make front guns so they are more powerful but can't be turned.

I like the new armored (and more lifting) helium, I don't like the new tier RP nonsense though.

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #258 on: June 08, 2014, 03:29:56 AM »
converted my rocket sled vindicare to a plane as well, I couldn't resist having wings..

Planes are sooooo much fun. Adding the fact that I know how to do quite a few maneuvers, dogfights are a breeze for me.

Air to ground, however... Railguns aren't too difficult, plasma isn't so bad either, but SMG's are a nightmare. I feel bad for the pups in the higher tiers trying to do that.

And, the Fortress of Ignorance is steadily becoming more and more orange.

Offline 123savethewhales

• Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #259 on: June 08, 2014, 05:37:25 PM »
Hoverpads are faster now, but much more wobbly.  To counteract this I place my hoverpad 5 space apart.  Bot is made with interlocking prism to reduce weight.

EDIT:  add another 100 green cubes to this machine, at 464 cubes it doesn't die nearly as quickly.

« Last Edit: June 08, 2014, 11:28:33 PM by 123savethewhales »