Author Topic: Grievous Bodily Harm  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Weirdo

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« on: August 06, 2009, 10:51:42 AM »
Just thought I'd share this.

Yesterday, I was out with a bunch of freinds playing by a river with a baseball. Naturally, the baseball found its way into this river, and decided to lodge itself on some twigs in the middle. With a baseball bat to help reach it, this wasn't too much of a problem. However, one of my freinds thought it was a good idea to lob a brick at it, to try and dislodge it. Unfortunatly, He did this just as I was leaning forwards with the bat, and we kinda met in the middle.

It felt like I'd just been hit by a football (sorry, soccer ball=P) and I thought my freinds were joking about all the blood untill I felt it trickle down my arm. And on to my new, white shirt. My freinds were all really worried and wanted to call an ambulance, and I just stood there laughing at it all. I wasn't unconcious or concussed or acting any stranger than usual, so I knew it wasn't anything too serious.

I did end up in A&E though, where a doctor got a good look and saw my skull through the three inch gash the brick had given me. But no skull damage and now I've got seven stitches for it. So yeah, I had a fun day yesterday.

__

Wow, I've just written a novel =P
Well done if actually read it all though. The point of this thread is for everyone to post stories about any significant injurys they've experianced and would like to share. Sharing the stories that is, not the injuries...

So, step right up...
Good evening.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 11:00:52 AM »
Last winter i went skiing and attempted a 360 off a jump. At the 180 mark, the front tip of my ski caught the ground and smashed me nose first into the hard compacted snow/ice. Broke my nose and opened up the skin. Yeah, I hit it so hard my sin just split. Both my skis were down the hill, so I had to slip and slide down this hill with blood pouring down my face. When I got to the bottom, my father was there and i rode on he back of his skis to the complete other side of the mountain/hill/resort where they told us we needed a doctor. So I had to sit in the car for 45 minutes driving to the hospital from the ski resort and finally got my pain numbed.

And that's my second worst injury.

First was in kindergarten when I fell off a tree and cracked my forearm in half. not just a crack, it split into two.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 11:08:14 AM »
I fractured my skull when a teacher fell ontop of me.

...The head said I caused the accident, and the cracked, wet and slidey playground didn't have anything to do with it.

A few incidents later I was moved to some kinda "private" school.

I also had one side of my face shredded by a brick wall. (****ing cunts..)
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline pyscolone

• View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2009, 11:18:17 AM »
"It felt like I'd just been hit by a football (sorry, soccer ball=P)"

Really? Bricks feel like heading a soccer ball? You must have some soft bricks where you live.

Offline R1885

• Rep: 3
  • Forum shopping list generator.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:20:14 AM »
I think I'm one of the few members never to broken a bone.

Any way, one day the power went dead in my eighth grade year. A majority (my self included) were playing basketball. Then, a rather competitive teacher pushed me aside to get the our teams ball. I ended up shredding my knee on the asphalt. Not fun.

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 11:36:19 AM »
Well, when I was 3 I think I was running around like a maniac and hit a corner on a counter top right at eye-level, and got some gash in my forehead. Had stiches and still have a small scar above my left eye.

When I was 9 I sprained my ankle, but that's about it thankfully.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Weirdo

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2009, 11:37:04 AM »
@pys: it hit me flat side, luckily. It didn't actually see how big (or soft) it was,  but it was big enought to leave me with seven stitches.

@R1: I've never broken any bone either. Before this the worst I had was shredded knees aswell. Not fun indeed.
Good evening.

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2009, 12:46:07 PM »
Two years ago I was playing hockey. It was about 20 seconds into the game and I got a breakaway. One of their defensemen caught me and tackled me from behind. I slid into the net and crushed my left index finger between me and the goal post. I literally turneed the tip to dust, cracked the middle bone in half and dislocated it where the finger meets the hand. I then had to wait in the ER for three hours while people with injuries such as headaches, hip pain, and twisted ankle got medical attention before me.

Not fun at all >.>

Offline DuckRA2

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2009, 12:59:50 PM »
I haven't broke a bone yet

But I have gotten foot size bruises on my hip from skateboarding, and many bruises on my ankles/shins

Offline Viper89

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2009, 01:18:42 PM »
MY junior year of Highschool I was at a  indoor track and field meet. I was running a 200 meter dash and I was winning then all of a sudden half way around the track I herd something snap, i couldent belive how loud it was to it was like a baseball bat hitting a ball lol. So obvoiusly I stopped running, I didn't think much of it but I was upset I coulden't finish the relay. Thought I pulled a muscle. When i got to the doctors the next day he said I was running so fast and pulled the muscle in my leg so hard that it broke off a part of my left hip:cry:. I couldent believe it I played football(american) for 2 years and never got injured but I break my  hip from a non contact sport lol? Now thats crazy. I was on cruches for like 3 months. It really sucked but My senior year I was so much faster. I ran the 200 meter dash in 26 seconds my junior year, My senior year I was running it in 23 seconds so I guess it all worked out in the long run:-D

Offline kill343gs

Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2009, 01:37:40 PM »
My knee pops out of its socket occasionally due to pressure in them from developing arthritis. It usually happens when I'm running so I end up collapsing on the ground and not being able to put any weight on it for 5 minutes to a day or two depending on how bad it is. Last winter I was snowboarding on a WalMart snowboard (the kind without bindings, you just stick your boot in the loop) at a local golf course with a huge hill. About halfway down I went off a jump and attempted a 180, when I landed my left knee gave out and I collapsed on the ground, this being one of the worst I had dealt with in a while. Instead of helping me and knowing just what had happened, my brother decided it would be a much better idea to come run me over in a snowtube. Then I had to climb up a hill at a 30 degree angle that was basically a sheet of ice on one leg. Needless to say, I slipped and fell several times during the 15 minute climb that would usually take 30 seconds. I landed on the same knee almost every time. By the time I made it home it had swollen up to twice its regular size, and I could not move it. The swelling didn't go down for two days, and now that knee occasionally cracks when I bend it after not moving it for a while.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2009, 02:06:26 PM »
Arthritis... how old are you?
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline Scrap Daddy

Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2009, 02:07:54 PM »
I was hit right in the face with a line drive while pitching a couple years ago for my school's baseball team. I was pretty messed up after that. :S

oh yeah ive also pulled a hamstring which was pretty painful

Offline life robot arena2

• Super Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2009, 03:04:00 PM »
I took a leg muscle strain so i couldent get out off bed normaly.
im up for life forever!:mrgreen:
ACHEIVMENTS
entered a rookie-bot for clash cubes 2

Offline trumpetguy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Forum Ameri-asian
    • http://www.facebook.com/DC.Scinerd
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/PokeDenny
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2009, 03:09:01 PM »
Most serious accident I got into is a fratured ankle (Internally), externally however the worst damage I received is second degree burns all over my legs.

"Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I\'m not sure about the universe" -Albert Einstein
*IF YOU ARE NEUTRAL IN THIS SIG BUSINESS PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG*

Offline takatsukiyayoi

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2009, 03:09:02 PM »
Once got tripped by some faggot in 3rd grade, my forehead was rather bloody after that. I didn't notice until I looked in my bathroom window. Nightmare fuel unleaded...

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2009, 04:15:11 PM »
When I was young (4ish?), I was at a local pizza place which had an outdoor playground for children. Well, on this playground was a merry-go-round, and I had no one to push it around for me, so I kept running it around to get it going and jumping on. At one point I lost grip on the bars, and went flying. I flew for a good 10 feet, and at the end of that 10 feet just happened to be the corner of a brick wall. I layed there for a couple minutes bleeding until an employee of the place came out and got me off the ground and took me to my parent inside.

So I was taken to the hospital and ended up with 15 stitches (I think). It wasn't long that the playground was removed from the pizza place. Apparently I wasn't the only one who had been hurt on it.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline kill343gs

Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2009, 04:17:02 PM »
Quote from: Urjak;58064
Arthritis... how old are you?

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Natef

• Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Nate Reviews Home
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2009, 04:18:42 PM »
When I was in the 2nd grade, my friends and I were playing 'refrigerator tag' on the pavement. I was running after my friend called 'pizza'. I tripped and fell. my knee was bleeding heavily and I'm pretty sure my bone could almost be seen. All my friends were in total shock. I was taken out of school and taken to the doctor's office. It was the most painful moment of my life!

Offline man manu

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Grievous Bodily Harm
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2009, 04:20:29 PM »
Last week on holiday I stood on a sea urching and had to get them out at the hospital with a scalpal. It hurt. The biggest one he took out was about 1cm in and 3cm long. Ouch!
Son of a fat bold guy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://roundy99.mybrute.com