Author Topic: About Ian.  (Read 1886 times)

Offline ianh05

• Rep: 4
  • Stock AW Builder and Tourney Host!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
About Ian.
« on: October 31, 2012, 04:49:32 AM »

*I don't have the best social life.
*An illness made me drop out of school, never graduated year 12.
*The same illness means I can't enjoy things like take-away food and even basic white bread.
*I was bullied a bit at school.
*Even home life can be tough.
*I don't drink, smoke or do drugs. I believe you can have fun without all those things.
*over the past year I have lost 2 special family pets.
*I came here to let out my creative side as I don't have any artistic talent.
*I was raised with the saying "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything".
*I will defend myself if my character is attacked.
*I was mad that people would rather spend time talking about silly things then take notice of my work.
*I did everything here for you guys not for my own ego, I just loved being creative with tournaments and such.
*I have always wanted to make others happy, often caring about others more then I care about myself.
*I had over 30 gig worth of RA2 on my PC.
*I had almost 200 RA2 videos on my youtube.
*I wish I could find a place to let out my creativity, my dream is to make games that allow the player to create certain games (based on the title) from a simple menu interface with a variety of options etc.
*I believe back in the day was better, you could get 32 entries for tournaments no problem. People here don't care about the game as much as back then.

Anyone who knows me knows I'm a nice person, it sucks that here I come of as a drama queen considering I have done more for the community then I have done for anyone else.
Check out my UI Improvements topic for stuff like longer team/bot import lists:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13324.0
How to make awesome splashes with paint:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13310.0
My showcase filled with antweights:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=1595.0
How to AI: For newbies (with pics!):
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13814.0
Best tournament results:
Tag Team Challenge and CombatAnts 3: runner-up
Around the World: 3rd place.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: About Ian.
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2012, 04:59:48 AM »
Ian, just take a rest and just don't bring it back up... We know that you're great contributor in here, but please. Calm down and just ignore those who you can't tolerate.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2012, 05:14:42 AM »
...You are aware than self-pity is just going to get you less respected in there ?

*I was raised with the saying "if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything".

Then why did you violently attacked Enigma back then ? Not to go through with the many long term problems with that philosophy.

Just saying that in my experience when a typically "nice" person tried to take care of the situation here, they have failed.

-Joeblo : Kind and helpful, then he became increasingly cynical after years, and then suddenly ragequitted, not delivering what he promised for years. and when he was confronted about it he threw a tantrum.

-Kill : Is widely considered as a "nice guy". But yet again, he has grown more cynical over the years, and even left thereafter due to feeling not useful anymore. Then he came back and started bitching about how he had no powers anymore. Congrats to him for still trying and still being active as a mod though.

-Yourself, Ian : Trying to be kind and helpful => community does not meet expectations => frustration => creates drama.

I could even do the same with Click but i'm not sure of his whereabouts. So nope.

Of course there are disappointments in there. If you think everything's you are gonna make is going to pass easily, you are wrong.

It is JUST and RIGHT that everything is not easy ! Because it tests our mettle, and because it strengthens our resolve. Or it can do the opposite, but that's the difference between strength and weakness.

Now for one last word... try not to mix familial issues with your forum life. It's not helping your case, and most people don't want to see them.

Offline Ben Purse

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • No Edgy Quotes Here...
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2012, 05:41:25 AM »
Ian just calm down mate.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2012, 06:14:56 AM »

Just saying that in my experience when a typically "nice" person tried to take care of the situation here, they have failed.

AHAH! YES MY DIABOLICAL FOE/OCCASIONAL ALLY, THIS FORUM MUST BE RULED BY A FLAMING IRON FIST!

Also I dunno about Click. He's been as good as usual when he's been about.

Also yes, it would be better not to mention you personal life or self pitty here Ian. Nothing personal since people have done it before and it didn't work well for them.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2012, 07:43:06 AM »
I don't have anything against you, personally, but you do need to realize that this community just isn't what it was even a year ago. We have nearly reached the boundaries of ways to play this 10 year old game and it's mods. We have explored almost every possibility within reason. For that reason, many members have retreated to the Junkyard because they like this community, even if they don't play the game much anymore. Some of the members that frequent the Junkyard still contribute what they can from time to time, myself included.

I'm afraid that this is the way it's going to be until DSL 3 is released, or until some amazing new discovery is made. This game has lived way past it's intended life span, and is still pretty popular for a PC game of it's age, but it's only a matter of time before it's players get bored and a new crop of players discovers it. Thus the community changes. It's all part of a slow cycle.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Probably Rob

• The Forgotten Obscure Orgasmic Mime
  • Rep: 10
  • You might want your lips around my silent chorus
    • RobotMPire
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2012, 07:47:17 AM »
>Leaving, won't be back.
>Comes back in less than 24 hours

Just what is the point in saying you're leaving and WON'T BE BACK, only to come back? I don't get you kids these days.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »
>Leaving, won't be back.

Just what is the point in saying you're leaving and WON'T BE BACK, only to come back? I don't get you kids these days.

It's a pretty common occurance on GTM. I even faked my own suicide at one point because I was leaving. Needless to say, I came back and admitted the hoax.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline TeamXtreemer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -6
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2012, 07:51:50 AM »
how about

instead of all of us being drama

we just play
the ****ing game
hi

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2012, 08:02:33 AM »
HURR I HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

HURR I'VE CONTRIBUTED SOME sh** SO RESPECT ME

You come off as an elitist prick, and try and make yourself seem modest by talking about your problems that nobody really cares about. We all have ****ing problems dude, its all about how you live with them that defines who you are. Man the **** up. Demanding respect and sh**ting on other people is not goingto get you anywhere.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2012, 08:34:42 AM »
I think ppl are just trying way too hard to get attentions around here.  That's really all there is to it.  It got nothing to do with being nice or being helpful, it's just pure attention whoring.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: October 31, 2012, 08:37:03 AM »
I don't have anything against you, personally, but you do need to realize that this community just isn't what it was even a year ago. We have nearly reached the boundaries of ways to play this 10 year old game and it's mods. We have explored almost every possibility within reason. For that reason, many members have retreated to the Junkyard because they like this community, even if they don't play the game much anymore. Some of the members that frequent the Junkyard still contribute what they can from time to time, myself included.

I'm afraid that this is the way it's going to be until DSL 3 is released, or until some amazing new discovery is made. This game has lived way past it's intended life span, and is still pretty popular for a PC game of it's age, but it's only a matter of time before it's players get bored and a new crop of players discovers it. Thus the community changes. It's all part of a slow cycle.
The absolute best thing that could happen is a seriously big set of tournaments, BBEANS style. The largest tournaments get the most attention, and hopefully that could kickstart some people into building again.

Offline System32

• Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: October 31, 2012, 09:14:19 AM »

I can't tell if I want to make a crack at you for not listening to your parents or your paients for not saying it enough.

sh**ty home life is not a free pass to be an asshole. Starting a pity party because sh** isn't going your way is going to make everyone dig their heels in like the last billion times it was done. Jonzu learned that, at the very least. You and Goldenlocks need to shut the **** up, calm down and take a nice long break.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline That Robot is a Spy!

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • ^Best for Business
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2012, 09:29:25 AM »
No offence mate, but making threads like this is kind of attention whoring. Gives them more of an excuse to flame you.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: October 31, 2012, 10:16:36 AM »
lol at you considering like everybody on this forum has basically all the same problems as you.

Offline SKBT

« Reply #15 on: October 31, 2012, 10:45:33 AM »

The absolute best thing that could happen is a seriously big set of tournaments, BBEANS style. The largest tournaments get the most attention, and hopefully that could kickstart some people into building again.

scrap broke stock. 123 killed dsl. irl is a poop fight...

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2012, 12:32:09 PM »

scrap broke stock. 123 killed dsl. irl is a poop fight...
IRL is le suck for tourneys, but stock's still got potential and so does DSL. Hax Mode can be chosen to be used or not in stock, flails get raped by static piercing weapons (so we just build moar rammers, FS and SS. Variety helps). There is still hope.

Offline ianh05

• Stock AW Builder and Tourney Host!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: October 31, 2012, 01:35:34 PM »
HURR I HAVE PROBLEMS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE

HURR I'VE CONTRIBUTED SOME sh** SO RESPECT ME

You come off as an elitist prick, and try and make yourself seem modest by talking about your problems that nobody really cares about. We all have ****ing problems dude, its all about how you live with them that defines who you are. Man the **** up. Demanding respect and sh**ting on other people is not goingto get you anywhere.
I love how the mod who spills out stuff about his GF on the forum and gets sympathy is complaining about me sharing some of my IRL sh**, what I can't do that either? I knew if I did this sh** I'd get flak that's why I didn't do it before leaving.

just FYI enigma started being a dick before me saying crap like I sound like his grandpa and that no one gives a sh**. I was just complaining about the stuff in that topic that was popping up all over the forum and I give a sh** the forum has become like this.

>Leaving, won't be back.

I won't be back but I still need to reply, it wouldn't mean anything if I just left it here.

how about

instead of all of us being drama

we just play
the ****ing game
Because the game is "broken" apparently, IMO people just aren't trying hard enough to create new bots that aren't clones etc. Also don't tell them to notice of the game because they will hate you for it too.

and to all these pathetic man up comments I say, No I came here for fun not to have my "manhood" tested by people who like to push my buttons, I came here to play the game, share bots, create tournaments and create AI packs NOT to talk about sex, fetishes and MLP.

You guys have lost direction, I tried to get my tournaments more attention but it didn't work and now most of you hate me for it? It's a robot arena 2 forum before anything else.

This ain't the first sh**storm to hit the forum either is it? If people think HX is cool for saying sh** like "If you can't take the heat.. drink bleach" then what real nice community we have.

So everyone's hating on me for:

*trying to get attention for my tournaments.
*because I liked the old days where people actually gave a sh**.

You guys made a camwhore thread for attention seeking that is now 123 pages long! and you complain about me wanting some attention for a tournament that I made for you guys?

helpful advice:

*Instead of ignoring people, give feedback on how to improve. 123's post in my other thread about losing interest is a prime example of HELPFUL feedback, instead of stirring sh** he actually showed the kind of person he was and it's what we need more of.

*Instead of saying "... is broke" try and make a fun unique tournament to inspire designs, build a cool new bot, try to build a new BW (they have barely been touched yet).

*Say thanks, honestly people invest times into things Trovaner made a new arena that gives people new ways to play and when I released it with the AI pack there is only one thanks for his hard work? It does not hurt to say thanks.
Check out my UI Improvements topic for stuff like longer team/bot import lists:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13324.0
How to make awesome splashes with paint:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13310.0
My showcase filled with antweights:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=1595.0
How to AI: For newbies (with pics!):
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13814.0
Best tournament results:
Tag Team Challenge and CombatAnts 3: runner-up
Around the World: 3rd place.

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2012, 02:01:13 PM »
People are just making smart-ass comments for their own sakes.

By the end of the day, nobody is the center of the universe here.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #19 on: October 31, 2012, 02:03:05 PM »
ive only said this sh** in recent days as a simple comparison to the sob stories of others. not once have i claimed sympathy from those around me. all I'm doing is proving the point that we all have issues that we have to deal with, but those of us who keep our problems to ourselves don't get chased the **** out of dodge. fact of the matter is, complaining about sh** like this just shows weakness. you say you got bullied in grade school? i did too. but there's bullies everywhere you go. if you make yourself vulnerable they will come after you. fact. i'll say it again, man the **** up.

i didn't give you sh** for sharing, that would be counter-intuitive. what i gave you sh** for was demanding respect because you shared.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain