Author Topic: General Tournament Discussion  (Read 142413 times)

Offline Venko

Re: General Tournament Discussion
« Reply #440 on: March 17, 2013, 07:04:47 PM »
Before I go any further, what is this evidence material you speak of? We're big boys, we can handle the truth.
I will leave You to tickle your brain for now, then some day I will humiliate You with the truth.
The reason no one ever asks this in the initial tourney lines is because hardly anyone releases tourney ai packs! It's no good alienating people from a tourney over something that may never get made.
Most people don't care for this, so it's not THAT of an "alienating". And "your opinion sound like the majority" is your fantasy, I never said that.
Yes, I am complaining about your complaining. I'm of the opinion that "If it isn't broken, don't fix it". This community has been running tournaments just fine for years without incident. You, on the other hand, vanished for a fair while and now that you're back on the radar? It looks to me like you're trying to find some imaginary problem to complain about just so people don't forget you exist again. As a collective, if there is something we had all missed in the system, it would have been found a while ago.
*facepalm*, you're making assumptions again, this time even insulting me as an attention seeker. Not to mention that I can say the same for You, so it's kind of a pathetic argument. Most of all, You sound like You really don't have a clue why I want this rule...
And quite frankly, you asking tourney hosts to delete your robots off of their hard drives if the tourney doesn't go ahead could be seen as insulting to the tourney host. If you want to make sure that they don't pass off your work as their own? Showcase it! You're already trusting them to record fair matches and not rig the thing, so why can't you trust them with your .bot file?
Let's ask Ianh is he feel insulted in any way. This was only for this tournament, because the situation is different, and You make assumptions again. Proof of You speaking bullsh**s :

But since, I'll permanently leave the RA2 comunity, there is no point of hiding my secret stuff anymore (yeah, I had the bad habit of not showing my best stuff (both effective and art bots)). So, I may think of releasing a rar with all (this means a lot) my bot files (like the beetle bros do), if I have some spare time.

Obviously I don't fear a stealing. Also, maybe the bots are already showcased (ask Iahn about this), but person that assume instead of work with facts can't know that. I trust Ianh, 'cos he understands my reasons, the thing that I don't trust is You understanding anything from what I post...
I'm complaining about your complain of my complain. We can go like this forever.
Adding a short line to the OP doesn't mean something is broken, You are just making a elephant out of a fly.
Also, I feel your posts as trolling with insultive assumptions.

@ Mr. AS : It's not that what I fear...

Offline Tweedy

• Rep: 3
  • Tweedy
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #441 on: March 17, 2013, 07:27:53 PM »
Before I go any further, what is this evidence material you speak of? We're big boys, we can handle the truth.
I will leave You to tickle your brain for now, then some day I will humiliate You with the truth.
The reason no one ever asks this in the initial tourney lines is because hardly anyone releases tourney ai packs! It's no good alienating people from a tourney over something that may never get made.
Seriously man, stop acting like your intellectually superior, your not.
I'm with conraa on this tbh, if you don't want your bot to be in an AI pack you can just ask the creator to remove it and you say conraa has no reason to complain because he doesn't know your reasoning which for some reason seems to be either secret or you just don't have a reason at all and are just attention seeking.

Offline Venko

« Reply #442 on: March 17, 2013, 07:42:33 PM »
I'm with conraa on this tbh, if you don't want your bot to be in an AI pack you can just ask the creator to remove it and you say conraa has no reason to complain because he doesn't know your reasoning which for some reason seems to be either secret or you just don't have a reason at all and are just attention seeking.
Ohoo, brothers in roboteering helping each other... Call more minions...
Check your grammar before talking about an intelligence... I'm not a native english speaker and I don't (at least) mistake "you are" and "your"...
"Tournament hosts don't need to make a vote or to ask who is giving their bots, they just need to specify it in the begining" Did You read this before You posted?
I promise, I will tell him the reason, after he try some guesses.
But then what will happen to your "attention seeking" insults?

Offline Tweedy

• Rep: 3
  • Tweedy
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #443 on: March 17, 2013, 07:50:49 PM »
Ohoo, brothers in roboteering helping each other... Call more minions...
Check your grammar before talking about an intelligence... I'm not a native english speaker and I don't (at least) mistake "you are" and "your"...
"Tournament hosts don't need to make a vote or to ask who is giving their bots, they just need to specify it in the begining" Did You read this before You posted?
I promise, I will tell him the reason, after he try some guesses.
But then what will happen to your "attention seeking" insults?
Yes insult my grammar to try and get a reaction, congratulations you've noticed a grammar mistake that an iPhone has corrected incorrectly. Also the fact that me and conraa are both roboteers has nothing to do with me agreeing with him, I agree just as much with Mr.AS and is he a roboteer? No. The attention seeking insults will indeed stop when you give your reasoning but until then they will keep coming because there is literally no point in keeping them secret other than the fact that you want attention.

Offline Venko

« Reply #444 on: March 17, 2013, 08:06:44 PM »
Yes insult my grammar to try and get a reaction, congratulations you've noticed a grammar mistake that an iPhone has corrected incorrectly. Also the fact that me and conraa are both roboteers has nothing to do with me agreeing with him, I agree just as much with Mr.AS and is he a roboteer? No. The attention seeking insults will indeed stop when you give your reasoning but until then they will keep coming because there is literally no point in keeping them secret other than the fact that you want attention.
I admit, that the "grammar" card was a bad card, but how can I know about this, why You are using an autocorrect, can You type by yourself? Allowing the iPhone to mistake for You has the same guilty, as if You posted it. So take the consequences (I'm speaking theoretically). You can't agree with Mr. AS, since I prove him wrong, if You are following all posts. The attention seeking insults need to be punished if You ask me. If You, Conraa or anyone want the reason, then better start guessing, so far the "host stealing my bot" assumption is incorrect. Next try please...

Offline ianh05

• Rep: 4
  • Stock AW Builder and Tourney Host!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #445 on: March 17, 2013, 08:43:55 PM »
Oh gosh, Venko just doesn't want people stealing/cloning his bots and that's fine and he is right it's not a big deal letting people know that the tournament bots will be released as an AI pack. As tournament host I have no problem with his requests.

My own bot (Mini - Flaming Whizzer) seems to have been used in my own tournament (Robo Zone 2) by another forum member (Jonzu) once before, now while I was OK with that (as I had 2 of my own bots entered instead of 1 lol) someone else could get upset about someone else stealing their work even though the bot has been showcased (like mine was) to try and win a tournament and get credit for the original builders work.
Check out my UI Improvements topic for stuff like longer team/bot import lists:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13324.0
How to make awesome splashes with paint:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13310.0
My showcase filled with antweights:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=1595.0
How to AI: For newbies (with pics!):
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13814.0
Best tournament results:
Tag Team Challenge and CombatAnts 3: runner-up
Around the World: 3rd place.

Offline martymidget

• Rep: 7
  • Mr Flibble is very cross.
    • http://tts.imtranslator.n
    • View Profile
    • :)
    • Awards
« Reply #446 on: March 18, 2013, 10:41:50 AM »
Let me get this straight.

You're worried about somebody hosting a tournament, using the bots in it, posting videos etc etc.

Then you're worried about said person using your bot to win a different tournament by passing it off as their own.

Really? You don't think anybody who had seen the tournament before wouldn't point out that it was a carbon copy of a bot in it? People would notice this kind of thing. YOU would notice this kind of thing, and someone would point it out and then that person would probably be banned from hosting another.

I remember when this mountain was just a simple little molehill..

Offline ty4er

« Reply #447 on: March 18, 2013, 10:42:36 AM »
lol venko are you scared of your bots being too good for the community? because thats certainly what you sound like. we know you're a good builder, but stop being such an arrogant ass by saying your bots are too good for us and that you can't show them or give them to anyone ever and that they must delete them forever. if you really think your bots are too good for this game or just us, then have fun in your own little world of happiness where quite a few people will probably start doubting you. if you are REALLY that bothered about it, just put that line in your pm or however you send your bots. and try not to be so ironic and hypocritical in your responses, you are certainly in no place to comment on other people's grammar. and in no way are we 'trolling' you right now, you are making a silly point in a really dramatic way. you have missed a lot and im sure that if it was a problem, we would've fixed it, as conraaa said.

also when did you prove as and massimov wrong? you failed to answer both of those and want us to believe you are right and we should listen to what you should say all the time without thinking for a second because you are a good builder/a veteran.

and if anything, people will clone bots based on the splash too
DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #448 on: March 18, 2013, 10:43:57 AM »

You're worried about somebody hosting a tournament, using the bots in it, posting videos etc etc.

Then you're worried about said person using your bot to win a different tournament by passing it off as their own.

Really? You don't think anybody who had seen the tournament before wouldn't point out that it was a carbon copy of a bot in it? People would notice this kind of thing. YOU would notice this kind of thing, and someone would point it out and then that person would probably be banned from hosting another.

No one noticed Firework = Mini - Flaming Whizzer, well at least no one said anything IIRC.
Best tournament results:

Offline ty4er

« Reply #449 on: March 18, 2013, 10:45:40 AM »

No one noticed Firework = Mini - Flaming Whizzer, well at least no one said anything IIRC.
can you prove this by atleast posting the splash again? you've deleted it from the thread so gj there
DSL Showcase

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #450 on: March 18, 2013, 10:45:58 AM »
My own bot (Mini - Flaming Whizzer) seems to have been used in my own tournament (Robo Zone 2) by another forum member (Jonzu) once before, now while I was OK with that (as I had 2 of my own bots entered instead of 1 lol) someone else could get upset about someone else stealing their work even though the bot has been showcased (like mine was) to try and win a tournament and get credit for the original builders work.

Oh dear. There's a difference between your bot being used and your bot being very similar to someone else's. It's an honour to have your bot kloned, it surely means you're doing it right.

Also Venko, the grammar card is possibly the worst card you could play.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #451 on: March 18, 2013, 11:01:21 AM »

can you prove this by atleast posting the splash again? you've deleted it from the thread so gj there

Oh look who's being a jerk now, keep it up and you're bound to annoy people enough to delete their work they've done (again) for said jerks. Just be nice, it's not that hard.

here ya go:

Venko doesn't want people stealing his bots and/or cloning them, I mean if clickbeetle asked for that everyone would respect his request wouldn't they? I bet if Venko or I used someone else's bot of the botexchange people would cry about it.
Best tournament results:

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #452 on: March 18, 2013, 11:07:35 AM »
LOL

I didn't know there is difference like that. :gawe:

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #453 on: March 18, 2013, 11:11:35 AM »
LOL

Perhaps they should form a tag team in ACF and be called "the twins" or "Double Trouble".
Best tournament results:

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #454 on: March 18, 2013, 11:14:49 AM »
LOL

Perhaps they should form a tag team in ACF and be called "the twins" or "Double Trouble".
Sure.

Offline ty4er

« Reply #455 on: March 18, 2013, 11:16:43 AM »

Oh look who's being a jerk now, keep it up and you're bound to annoy people enough to delete their work they've done (again) for said jerks. Just be nice, it's not that hard. first off, why would what i have said want people to delete their stuff? and then why did you delete the splash in the first place? infact why did you delete the whole op? you're not helping by deleting evidence that i could've seen and said you were right about him copying your design.

here ya go:

(Image removed from quote.)

Venko doesn't want people stealing his bots and/or cloning them, I mean if clickbeetle asked for that everyone would respect his request wouldn't they? if he gives a reason then yes, i doubt many people would listen to anybody who doesnt give a valid reason.
 I bet if Venko or I used someone else's bot of the botexchange people would cry about it. this is a really bad example. if venko or you used someone's actual bot from the bot exchange, im sure people would know and point it out, as was said before. if you have a problem with cloning your bot and entering it, im sure nobody else has that problem. i sure didnt in naryars tournament. plus you can later call them out on it and everyone will still know it was your original idea (if it actually was though)
DSL Showcase

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #456 on: March 18, 2013, 11:57:40 AM »
To be fair, there isn't a while lot of variation at AW level and I believe you did put your AW chassis up for download, Ian.
//

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #457 on: March 18, 2013, 12:16:35 PM »
My face has been palmed, there is variation there if you try to actually build them. Yes I put my chassis up there, my bot was cloned and this is exactly what Venko is worried about and he has every reason to be as it has happened before...

Let's say I released the GTM AI (with the teams from ARBBC) and someone took one of Venko's bots and entered it into a tournament, are you saying there is nothing wrong with that? by that logic I could enter any reskinned INFAI bot and own many faces.
Best tournament results:

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #458 on: March 18, 2013, 12:19:59 PM »
You're making a leap between cloning and the same bot. No, it is NOT good to enter someone else's bot. However if it is CLONED, as in they made it themselves using a different design, there is nothing wrong with that. If you don't want people to appreciate and replicate the design, DON'T LET ANYBODY SEE IT. I would say my face has been palmed in return but honestly with all these situations in the last few days my palm hasn't left my head, Ian.
//

Offline ianh05

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #459 on: March 18, 2013, 12:26:25 PM »
He is obviously worried about them being stolen from the AI pack I am going to release after ARBBC because that's why he wanted the new rule so if someone has a unique/great bot they don't want to be used by others anywhere else then they know not to enter it.
Best tournament results: