Author Topic: General Tournament Discussion  (Read 142403 times)

Offline boombabyboom

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: General Tournament Discussion
« Reply #420 on: February 26, 2013, 05:03:54 PM »
um are there any good free video recording thing

help

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #421 on: February 26, 2013, 05:05:29 PM »
if you ask nicely (saying PLEASE AND THANK YOU) i could slip you a copy of fraps off-site
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline boombabyboom

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #422 on: February 26, 2013, 05:07:46 PM »
if you ask nicely (saying PLEASE AND THANK YOU) i could slip you a copy of fraps off-site
please and thank you

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #423 on: February 26, 2013, 05:14:12 PM »
please and thank you
no like youre gonna have to contact me outside of the forum (skype or something) or through PM for fraps since im pretty sure its against the rules for me to post it on the forum
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline boombabyboom

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #424 on: February 26, 2013, 05:18:54 PM »
do you have steam

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #425 on: February 26, 2013, 05:21:09 PM »
do you have steam

yes but i am hardly on there, hence why i said

(skype or something) or through PM

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: February 26, 2013, 05:24:04 PM »
um are there any good free video recording thing

help

You could get WeGame but it makes huge files that you have to compress through WMM or something.

Offline boombabyboom

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: February 26, 2013, 05:29:40 PM »
im 12 going on 13 i dont know that

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: February 26, 2013, 08:34:53 PM »
im 12 going on 13 i dont know that
My Messages -> Messages -> New Message -> Put Mr AwesumSauce in the To: box -> Put in a subject -> Ask nicely and don't make eye contact

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: March 05, 2013, 08:58:53 PM »
Soooo...with my tournament done. I was wondering if I could start up BattleBots 6. Now I loved the series but that happened a long time ago. Building has changed since then. There isn't really any other major IRL tournament besides it. So I thought I would restart it.

Offline Venko

« Reply #430 on: March 16, 2013, 11:28:12 AM »
I think, that We need a new rule in the "tournament host rules" section :
The tournament hosts must include a info in the very begining (before the sign ups) about are they going to release the bots in any form (an AI pack for example).
Not all people are agree to send their very good bots if they will be included in an AI pack later, available to all.

Offline ianh05

• Rep: 4
  • Stock AW Builder and Tourney Host!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #431 on: March 16, 2013, 11:34:00 AM »
Guess I should add that to the OP in my tournament topic instead of  having it hidden away in the topics pages. Most tournaments release AI packs at their conclusion these days because it's a nice way to keep things fresh.
Check out my UI Improvements topic for stuff like longer team/bot import lists:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13324.0
How to make awesome splashes with paint:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13310.0
My showcase filled with antweights:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=1595.0
How to AI: For newbies (with pics!):
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=13814.0
Best tournament results:
Tag Team Challenge and CombatAnts 3: runner-up
Around the World: 3rd place.

Offline Venko

« Reply #432 on: March 16, 2013, 11:41:05 AM »
Do it, copy this. Tournament hosts don't need to make a vote or to ask who is giving their bots, they just need to specify it in the begining, so people will have the choise to enter or not, or to enter with not a so secret and good bot.

Offline Conraaa

• Certified Hood Classic
  • Rep: 10
  • I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #433 on: March 17, 2013, 02:09:34 PM »
It's amazing, Venko. All these things that no one has ever complained about you seem to hate with a burning passion.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #434 on: March 17, 2013, 03:30:39 PM »
Yeah these things aren't that big of deal tbh. Does it really change the tournament?

Offline Venko

« Reply #435 on: March 17, 2013, 05:53:03 PM »
Yeah these things aren't that big of deal tbh. Does it really change the tournament?
Your point of view.                                             No, but it's my right to know, like I have the right to know the rules of the tournament.
It's amazing, Venko. All these things that no one has ever complained about you seem to hate with a burning passion.
1. It's not a big deal for the host to post a short line with a info about the releasing of the bots in a AI pack...
2. I have the rights to post opinions and defend them. Do You think I care what the mainstreamers think? Search for some info in the net or read books, the history and the discoveries are not made by mainstremers.
3. I don't want to discuss my reasons to want this, because the evidence material will insult indirect a lot of people.
4. "...hate with a burning passion..." Please don't make any assumptions of what I feel or think, they are not true and trollish...
5. The only think that I don't understand is the reason of your post. Are You complaining about my complaining, or You just have a problem with a people that think different, or just want to troll with assumptions, or just want to increase the post counter, or just want to forbid to people to post opinions about new stuff they care? Answer please, I don't want to make assumptions. Can You tell me also, what is the constructive part in your post that actually will do something good for the RA2 community?

I'm not from the people that will remain silent under the pressure from the "mainstream bullies", just 'cos I have a different opinion. Everyone feel free to try me...

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #436 on: March 17, 2013, 05:55:55 PM »
Let's pretend they didnt tell you the bots were going into an AI pack and they do, why would this matter?

Offline Venko

« Reply #437 on: March 17, 2013, 06:06:51 PM »
Don't give a fish to the hungry man, teach him to fishing...
I will not answer You, because You will read my answer without understanding it. Instead, I will leave You to think for yourself what would be my reasons, and what it will change. When You came up with the right answers, You will understand me and respect my opinion, also You will look like a very smart person in my eyes...

Offline Conraaa

• Certified Hood Classic
  • Rep: 10
  • I like my sugar with coffee and cream
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #438 on: March 17, 2013, 06:24:51 PM »
Before I go any further, what is this evidence material you speak of? We're big boys, we can handle the truth.

The reason no one ever asks this in the initial tourney lines is because hardly anyone releases tourney ai packs! It's no good alienating people from a tourney over something that may never get made.

Yes, I am complaining about your complaining. I'm of the opinion that "If it isn't broken, don't fix it". This community has been running tournaments just fine for years without incident. You, on the other hand, vanished for a fair while and now that you're back on the radar? It looks to me like you're trying to find some imaginary problem to complain about just so people don't forget you exist again. As a collective, if there is something we had all missed in the system, it would have been found a while ago.

And quite frankly, you asking tourney hosts to delete your robots off of their hard drives if the tourney doesn't go ahead could be seen as insulting to the tourney host. If you want to make sure that they don't pass off your work as their own? Showcase it! You're already trusting them to record fair matches and not rig the thing, so why can't you trust them with your .bot file?

In a nutshell, it's a non problem that doesn't need tweaking. I'm all for people posting new ideas; that's what makes the forums go around. But please, don't make your opinion sound like the majority.

And what did my original post contribute? Well, it stated the obvious and provoked you to dust off the good old "im entitled to my opinion. Dont care about You..." argument, which is always good for a read.

I do hope this post answered your questions in much the same way you didn't answer MassimoV's.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #439 on: March 17, 2013, 07:01:37 PM »
the BBEANS entrants didnt know their bots would be in an AI pack beforehand (excepted 6 and possibly 5 iirc), and it wasnt a problem to them at all when BBEANS ai was released.

if you really care that much about the host stealing your bot and claiming it as their own, why not just showcase it beforehand as proof?