Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
Showcases / Re: Gulden's RR2 Showcase
« Last post by Gulden on May 04, 2022, 01:15:33 PM »
Ah, I can finally post on the showcase again.
I will now use it to post another AI pack, this time suitable for the weld builds.

The theme here is all these robots are awful, and if you lose to them I hereby give you the right to call yourself "bad at the game."
If you or a loved one are having trouble defeating these robots, you may be eligible for financial compensation.
Tournament Archives / Re: High Rollers (Signups Closed)
« Last post by Gulden on May 01, 2022, 08:55:14 PM »
No problem here.  Flunking is stereotypically worse than a slow upload schedule.
Active Tournaments / Re: Sakura Sunrise - in-season
« Last post by Koi_YTP on May 01, 2022, 05:02:08 PM »
Tournament Archives / Re: High Rollers (Signups Closed)
« Last post by 8bean on May 01, 2022, 10:08:04 AM »
Apologies for the 1 month delay, uni has been hectic af recently. Finals week is next week though so hopefully I should be able to get the remaining eps out after that.
Custom Components Showcase / Re: Pay Tribute With Replicas
« Last post by Wiechers2312 on April 28, 2022, 04:34:03 AM »
Hey Guys, i've been a silent admirer to this forum for years now. Since i had some spare time lately, i thought why not and tried to do some replicas of myself. These versions have been build on stock with a few custom components (some self made). I hope you enjoy them and if you have any tips, please let me know. 

Tournament Archives / Re: The HW Tournament 4(Singups Closed!)
« Last post by Kelimpel on April 24, 2022, 09:59:44 AM »
(forgot to put this here but heres the entire tourney :facepalm:)

« Last post by Koi_YTP on April 23, 2022, 03:09:53 PM »
Robot Rumble 2.0 / Re: Robot Rumble 2.0 - Robot Combat Simulator - Under Development
« Last post by Gulden on April 20, 2022, 10:32:03 PM »
I come from the future with a new build (It's still April 20th here)
New bleeding edge: APRIL 21
Fixed some ennoying issues in regards to ghost collisions and sniping. And some additional ease of life changes!
Enjoy and let me know what you think and report bugs!

Added logging:
I am not completely sure how this works yet, but the game should now generate a log file with all console entries!
This will be very nice for debugging stuff, especially on Mac!
For bug reports ill now often ask for this file!

The logfiles should be created in the following locations:
(idk why the name is different, I can maybe fix that later)

Windows:
%USERPROFILE%\AppData\LocalLow\Nerd Island Studios LLC\Robot Rumble 2.0\Player.log

Mac:
~/Library/Logs/Nerd Island Studios LLC/Robot Rumble 2.0/Player.log

Changelog:
[Added] Added code to spinner collision scripts to much better filter "fake" collisions, this massivly improves sniping and ghost collisions!
[Added] Added code to hammer/arm collision scripts to much better filter "fake" collisions, this massivly improves sniping and ghost collisions!
[Change] Disabled "shock damage" since it didnt really make sense and was more ennoying then it was interesting
[Change] Enabled "sweeping" spinners again, spinners will now damage more then one component per collision
[Change] Tweaked spinner damage output to a more reasonable damage output
[Change] Modified some logic to somewhat improve bite on wedgeless verts
[Change] Reworked weld to break the root component off by its health when all welds to it are broken, now you dont need at least two components to prevent things from falling off! (was honestly super ennoying and dumb)
[Change] Enabled player logs (still testing how this works)
[Change] Upped "non weld" connection strength x3 (atm it doesnt make any sense but at least it will make wheels a little less garbage)
[Bugfix] Fixed an error when Combine meshes only had a single mesh to combine
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug that caused hammers/arms to almost never do damage
[Bugfix] Fixed a bug where chains/belts would collide with the simplified group meshes
[Bugfix] Fixed a broken camera reference in bot selection
[BugFix] Fixed and issue where IMPORANT physics numbers would be changed at random, causing differences between botlab and arena fights
[revert] rubber is now correct strength again

IMPORTANT: I tuned to 100% damage again!!

Win:
 https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YI25maT0mbsC3SZW-tLw68v2yo06Hr8d/view?usp=sharing

Mac:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1BnVTNq1Laxf67wPodwWVyStDpHxiIqF0/view?usp=sharing

Downloading via mac is complicated, so I'll probably only quote this once.
1. Open terminal
2. Run each of these commands in order
3. Tell terminal to go to your downloads folder where you downloaded the game to cd Downloads
4. Make the game executable chmod +x "RR2_APR14_2022_BLEEDING_EDGE_MAC.app/Contents/MacOS/Robot Rumble 2.0"
5.  Remove the quarantine flag that stops the game from running xattr -r -d com.apple.quarantine RR2_APR14_2022_BLEEDING_EDGE_MAC.app/
6. Close terminal and launch the game! :D
« Last post by Koi_YTP on April 17, 2022, 06:58:51 AM »

Modifications / I cannot get the ai rotator 90 teams files to work
« Last post by Nika2.0 on April 16, 2022, 04:30:43 PM »
Someone please help this ai rotator did not work for me And is their steps in order to use it right?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10