Recent Posts

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Active Tournaments / Re: Turf (Discussion)
« Last post by ForceOFWill on June 16, 2022, 08:57:57 PM »
Could there be something like an execution elimination if a bot loses to many times because theoretically speaking you could however unlikely fall into a loop where 3 or 4 bots just keep trading wins and the competition would never end. Also Please make this happen I'm already working on Bots and have my Tag with a "logo" made
Active Tournaments / Re: Turf (Discussion)
« Last post by Gulden on June 16, 2022, 06:33:18 PM »
I am slightly confused.  Does one entry equal a full crew (so 16 crews?), or does one entry equal one member of a crew?
I'd also like to ask how many robots are in a crew.

Otherwise, I like the idea.
Active Tournaments / Turf (Signups)
« Last post by 8bean on June 16, 2022, 06:06:17 PM »

General Rules
-DSL 2.6 IRL
-Edited Parking Lot Arena (Removes invis walls and walls between hazard zones)
-16 Entrants

TLDR: Win fights to win opponent robots. If the bot you entered loses, your team is controlled by whoever you lost to.

Building Rules
-I retain the right to reject any bot for any reason
-Robots that use servos or motorized hammers must be AI'd beforehand.
-One bot per person
-Multibots and walkers/shufflers are banned
-Bots with multiple configs must only use one for the whole tournament.

Fight Rules
-1 havok reset allowed per match
-3 min fight
-Judges Decision will be based on Damage Aggression and Control
-If a robot has all of its wheels removed then it will be considered knocked out
-A manual countdown will be initiated if a bot cannot show controlled movement for more than 20 seconds

Other
-The winning team captain of turf will receive their very own custom crown component which will be allowed at all future tournaments I host.

Signups
Builder Name: Tag
1. Code Red: SOD
2. SamFM52: Tag Pending
3. Cringey: CRNG
4. Lilly: UWU
5. motmotthebot: MOT
6. Smallsmallrose: ROSE
7. KJ:SHCK
8. NeonCalypso: ERTH
9. ForceOfWill: FOWR
10. Botbuster: BTBR
11. coolkid6969: SDB
12. Swindobots (Bot Pending): WALS
13. Orc: ORCZ
14. 090901: MAO☭
15. BSRaven: B3LB
16. Moziet (Bot Pending): Tag Pending
17. Pocket Jake: JW
18. Norii: (Japanese Symbols??)
19. Skewed: SWD
20. TommyProductionsInc: TPI

Green: Accepted and AI'ed
Purple: Accepted
Red: Rejected

If you are interested in this tournament please fill out the strawpoll so I can gauge interest ---> https://strawpoll.com/polls/QrgeV5OkKZp <---
Active Tournaments / Re: Alamo - SBV
« Last post by Silverfish on June 14, 2022, 05:25:00 PM »
...And this is why. EP 1 is up, see y'all in September apparently. (I hope not, but it's apparently most likely lol)
DSL TC Showcases / Re: Don_Cheto Does DSL
« Last post by TheRoboteer on June 13, 2022, 05:21:32 PM »
Hola amigos! I’m relatively new to Robot Arena 2 but I thought I’d make a profile on here and post my my new robot, Ominous Starfish  :smile:
(Image removed from quote.)
(Image removed from quote.)
It’s 599 in weight and the finished version is covered up underneath with aluminum sheets! Hope to compete with this sometime, any advice on improvements are welcome, gracias!

Welcome!

Nice first effort, especially considering it's an extenderbot. Don't often see those for a first posted bot.

2WD slimbodies is probably right on the edge of what is passable for drive on a cruiserweight, even with super grippy wheels like motorcycles, but i suppose given it's a HS it doesn't need too much drive, so it's probably fine.

Assuming the alu sheets you're referring to for covering the bottom are the halfsheets, I'd try to use alu panels instead to match what you've got on the top. It'll look better and probably give the internals a modicum more protection as the halfsheets are so thin that stuff can hit straight through them (panels have that issue too to some degree, but less-so)

Overall though a very solid start. Looks well thought out, and like some solid effort has gone into making it look nice, which is always good to see. Look forward to seeing more from you!
DSL TC Showcases / Re: Don_Cheto Does DSL
« Last post by Gulden on June 13, 2022, 05:11:52 PM »
Neat.  Does the robot not have a bottom plate by default or was this screenshot taken without it?

Otherwise, a pretty good robot.
DSL TC Showcases / Don_Cheto Does DSL
« Last post by Don_Cheto on June 13, 2022, 04:50:01 PM »
Hola amigos! I’m relatively new to Robot Arena 2 but I thought I’d make a profile on here and post my my new robot, Ominous Starfish  :smile:

It’s 599 in weight and the finished version is covered up underneath with aluminum sheets! Hope to compete with this sometime, any advice on improvements are welcome, gracias!
Active Tournaments / Re: Sakura Sunrise - in-season
« Last post by Koi_YTP on June 11, 2022, 01:20:20 PM »

I miss when this section was actually fun and active. sh**posting on Facebook or Discord just isn't the same.

i miss the golden days man
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10