Author Topic: > Mad's Mods (more thoughts and tweaks)  (Read 14905 times)

Offline Madiaba

> Mad's Mods (more thoughts and tweaks)
« on: June 19, 2008, 09:57:36 AM »
Well, several have asked me for components, arenas, AI, vids and other stuff that were mysteriously wiped out on the dysfunctional Atari forum. Don't have that much time to be finding and putting together files, so I'll do things once here. I don't have all of it saved, but I'll post what I can get up as time permits, for whomever is interested. I'll try to put it all on this first page....

I'll start making more available as I run across them...

Trovaner's Edit: I fixed all the video links and download links that I could. I also added spoilers so that all the videos don't download at once.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2013, 12:19:02 AM by Trovaner »
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 09:55:32 AM »
For any one interested, there are some posted vids of some tweaks and new stuff above. There are other things that are not videoed yet, but may be added as time permits.
I'd also like to know which of these things you like best, so if you'd like please do comment here or PM me....

FBS_1
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 06:52:59 AM by Madiaba »
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 08:52:57 PM »
A few more vids I found...(in the \'----new----" section above).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:34:06 AM by Madiaba »

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2008, 10:27:20 PM »
I LOVE the matrix arena. really cool idea.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Venko

« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 02:43:13 AM »
OMG !!! AWESOME work... Like all your works ;)
Its very different and original idea...
As Borat says : "NIIIIICE..." Hahaha...
:lol:
THANKS Mad for building things for us (and us) ;) ...

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2008, 11:37:40 PM »
You sure come up with some unique arena ideas.  The Matrix arena is crazy!  It looks like the tiles need to appear a bit earlier though, since the bots appear to get stuck in the floor occasionally.

What causes the evil face to appear, or is that just random?

What might be cool in that arena, if you're looking for coolness in complexity (which I assume you are from that fire face) is to make some of the tiles a different color, like red or green.  These tiles would only appear for a short time before vanishing, so you have to quickly get off to avoid falling to your death.  Or perhaps differently colored tiles could trigger some other hazard.  Like the fire face.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2008, 11:56:58 PM »
The idea is that you must battle while being careful NOT to get stuck in a matrix floor panel. If you do, you'll be liberated up to 2x. But more than that, and you are held fast and left to the mercy of your opponent....hehe.
If both bots use all 'Freers' up, then the Matrix Master (Mr. Fireface), shows up to let you know he's not happy today... If you're still able to move, you can probably dodge his fireballs. But if you cannot move quickly, or at all, you'll be fried.
It's a 4x4 matrix, and there's a warning bell if you get near the edge of the matrix.
Thanks for your ideas, CB, I like them.  I'll play with it in accord with your ideas, when I can.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2008, 01:02:21 AM »
Ah, I see.  That makes more sense now.  Cool idea.  So you have to drive slowly in order to avoid getting stuck.  I'm guessing that the background changing color is triggered when the bots use their unsticks.

I thought the arena was infinite at first.  There's probably not enough room in a 4x4 tile space to do all those traps I had in mind.  Maybe on the edges though.

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2008, 01:39:20 AM »
Check out a new bot called "Ninja Ginsu" appended at the bottom of the first post above...

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2008, 08:08:34 AM »
:shock:Holy Crap:shock:
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline somestrangeguy

• Rep: 2
  • If you can read this, your monitor is turned on.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2008, 08:14:54 AM »
Quote from: Somebody;12779
:shock:Holy Crap:shock:

You stole the words out of my mouth!

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2008, 08:28:25 AM »
That wopuld be awesome if BBEANs allowed bots like that in a:

SCI FI TOURNAMENT!
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Death

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2008, 04:47:41 PM »
yeah, I know. BBeans doesn't allow that stuff. so forget making a bot that is spinner, because it can be flipped. basically, it's about luck. which I don't like.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2008, 08:21:36 PM »
I'm guessing the Ninja Ginsu does damage in the py to all the other bot's components and then applies force to the chassis.  The big claw is just for visual effect.  Correct me if I'm wrong.

Still, it's a really cool bot.  The suspense is thick enough to be cut with a butter knife!

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2008, 09:19:34 PM »
Yes, it's applied hit points are precision targeted so that the components are severed from the chassis, but leaving most of the components still 'in situ' (in place), leaving but a shell. Just playing around with the py coding. It could be a little tiny bot with a little sword that will remove the core/heart from Emergency or Sir Killallot, in '1 quick move' (Hai...ya!).
I wrote another that goes over and then encloses/covers the enemy bot on all 4 sides, and then dismembers the bot piece by piece. I was going to call it Praying Mantis. I'll post it when I'm able...

Offline Gigafrost

• You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2008, 05:34:33 PM »
Could you explain the AI code "wrestle"? I love how it throws the opponent.

Another thing, would you mind if I use those AI scripts for Legends Unleashed? I have tons of boss ideas for your great work... (of course I will give credit as well)

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2008, 07:15:39 PM »
Sure, Gig. Here's the 'guts' to bot_2 triggerring. This coding needs to be dupped for the other 3 bots. It controls Servo Pistons, which are not always cooperative....

def Tick(self):
self.ongoingtimer += 1 # Find the floor.
if self.ongoingtimer == 4:
self.floor = self.GetLocation()[1]

#---------------
if self.robtwo==True: # ROBOT-2222222222222-----ON-ON-ON-ON
if self.GetLocation()[1] < self.floor + 1: plus.force(1, 0, 50 * plus.getWeight(1), 0)
self.TriggerTimer1 += 1
if self.TriggerTimer1 == 1:
for trigger in self.triggers8: self.Input(trigger, 0, 0) # Make sure axis is off.
if self.TriggerTimer1 == 2:
for trigger in self.triggers7: self.Input(trigger, 0, 1)
plus.damage(1, 0, 200, plus.getLocation(1))
addPoints(self.GetID(), 2000)
if self.TriggerTimer1 == 10:
for trigger in self.triggers7: self.Input(trigger, 0, 0)
# self.Score = False
if self.TriggerTimer1 == 11:
self.TriggerTimer1 = 0

elif self.robtwo==False:# ROBOT-22222222222-----OFF-OFF-OFF
self.ShutOffTimer += 1
if self.ShutOffTimer == 1:
for trigger in self.triggers7: self.Input(trigger, 0, 0) # Make sure axis is off.
if self.ShutOffTimer == 2:
for trigger in self.triggers8: self.Input(trigger, 0, 1)
if self.ShutOffTimer == 5:
for trigger in self.triggers8: self.Input(trigger, 0, 0)
if self.ShutOffTimer == 6:
self.ShutOffTimer = 0

def SmartZoneEvent(self, direction, id, robot, chassis):
elif id == 6: # (activation zone)
if robot > 0:
if robot==1:
if direction==1: self.robone =True
elif direction==-1: self.robone =False
elif robot==2:
if direction==1: self.robtwo =True
elif direction==-1: self.robtwo =False
elif robot==3:
if direction==1: self.robtre=True
elif direction==-1: self.robtre=False
elif robot==4:
if direction==1: self.robfor=True
elif direction==-1: self.robfor=False

(It also has a custom def InvertHandler(self): but I did not include it here.)

EDIT: Though formatting is lost, here it is:... I'll send you the AI.py....
« Last Edit: August 21, 2008, 07:58:31 AM by Madiaba »

Offline Gigafrost

• You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2008, 07:13:46 AM »
Cool, you're the man mad. Thanks...

Oh ok, so the code is implemented as throwing an opponent in relation to its position on the floor? If so, that explains why wrestler was sometimes just randomly "squeezing" the opponent.

Offline Madiaba

« Reply #18 on: October 18, 2008, 07:44:30 PM »
Well here's a bot that Sage and I put together for the BOTM contest. We didn't post allot of its features and abilities, which didn't help explain it at all. It is called: "ATOM".bot
It is a real-looking atom with a nucleus made up of neutrons and protons, and many revolving electrons around the nucleus. Different color maces make up the particles.
It's AI-ed with a .py called "Manhattan_Project". And it took allot of bot file editing.
As it moves, the nucleus rotates, and the electrons revolve around the nucleus. A menacing 'electric face' (which you can hear too), protrudes from the nucleus, and it always faces its opponent(s). As it gets closer to an enemy its electric face gets stronger.
The chassis is my AAM 'inviso-chassis', so all you see is the nucleus and revolving electrons...
As you fight this Atomic AI, there are several things that can happen:
(A)It can defeat you with it's MANY revolving 'electrons'.
(B)You can begin to partially damage ATOM, but once you damage the nucleus, then it becomes 'unstable' (radioactive), and then an 'on-screen' countdown will begin... 5,4,3,2,1,0. … It has text on the screen along with 'audio' for the countdown and warnings. At the end of the countdown, it will either (1) systematically 'dismember' and 'electrocute' its opponents 1 by 1, till they are all dead or you destroy it, or (2) just 'split', exploding in a violent nuclear explosion, disintegrating everything and even knocking out the cameras for about 5-6 seconds while you hear explosive destruction happening all over. The splitting ATOM destoys itself and all opponents into bits and pieces. BTW: if you watch closely right before detination, it switches into slo-mo cam and you can actually watch the first few nano seconds of an atomic explosion take place... as the atom begins to be split apart...
(C) If you are able to defeat it before it destroys you, then its half-life will decrease, and thus its decay rate will increase, exponentially (it will fall apart piece by piece).
Which of the above will happen is 'Randomly' chosen... It has both ‘audio’ and also ‘text’ displays for the countdown and warnings. Therefore, once you damage it you'd better pay attention and finish it off very quickly...

Edit: I didn't mention it (yet should have), but ATOM's designed "Achilles' heel" is it's chassis. If you can get at it,... past all those speedy, dangerous 'electrons', then you can win. But make sure you don't only 'wound' it or else you'll pay.... (hehe, too bad).

It's energy is manifest in its face, which changes intensity as it stalks opponents.

Here it is doing battle. In the first pic, one of its red (pointy) electrons is scraping the side of AQ's chassis:

Here's a vid to get an idea of how it works (and that it's tuff).

Don't play with the ATOM!.. or else:
ATOM_Eliminate
Don't split the ATOM!.. or else:
ATOM_Explosion

When I get the files together, I'll upload ATOM.bot and link it for those who want it.

« Last Edit: October 25, 2008, 10:16:43 PM by Madiaba »

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: October 18, 2008, 08:16:56 PM »
I WANT IT. Lol, that bot's cool. I don't have teh brains to make a bot like that. :baby_smily:
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier