Author Topic: What's the difference between these two versions of DSL?  (Read 1151 times)

Offline SoftPressure

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
What's the difference between these two versions of DSL?
« on: September 23, 2016, 11:32:19 PM »
I hope this is the right place to ask this. I was wondering what is the difference between DSL 2.1 and DSL 2.2? Thanks.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: What's the difference between these two versions of DSL?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2016, 12:57:09 AM »
Think of 2.2 as version 3 of DSL. The 2 versions are incompatible with each other (I think 2.1 bots work in 2.2 but their batteries work differently) and they have different metagames.

They both use dsl-s building style, but 2.1 is more focused on spamming weapons like razor tips and beater bars, whereas in 2.2 replica weapons like frenzy hammers ans mechavore discs are overpowered.

2.1 is basically dead at this point, so I would say don't bother with it. If you're not a fan of 2.2's imbalance, the Ironforge mod is a good replacement. Hopefully this covers everything.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2016, 12:59:16 AM »
dsl 2.1 is the older version while dsl 2.2 is the newest.

Offline R01

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 04:43:50 AM »
Yep, 2.2 is the update which changed some stuff, sadly unbalanced as well, but hey one could simply host a tournament and "ban" those weapons or do a balance patch, however noone seems to have thought of that.
Tournament History:
Showcases:
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=18882.0
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=19197.0

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2016, 02:38:23 PM »
Yep, 2.2 is the update which changed some stuff, sadly unbalanced as well, but hey one could simply host a tournament and "ban" those weapons or do a balance patch, however noone seems to have thought of that.
everybody would move onto the next best weapon. i guess everybody is forgetting 2.2 isnt a bad as 2.1 as it has more that 1 useable weapon, plus in 2.2 there are a bunch of weapons that are good that nobody uses for some reason because they only circlejerk around frenzy hammers and mech discs.