5 (5.1%)
It's alright, could do with some polish
21 (21.2%)
It's not good
27 (27.3%)
It's a broken mess
46 (46.5%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Robot Arena 3  (Read 318031 times)

Offline Jules

• Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robot Arena 3!
« Reply #1360 on: May 26, 2016, 01:20:54 PM »
I'm disgusted so far.
Jesus

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1361 on: May 26, 2016, 01:22:12 PM »
Well.. not quite there yet. Certainly not as complete or polished as I'd have hoped. My fairly compact first bot with z-tek HP drive is unable to go forwards without flipping over without.. somewhere in the region of 800 units of stacked ballast. The fact we can stack freely is kind of hilarious. Bot lab's a bit of a pain when things snap when we don't want them to (details in chassis layer editing) and won't snap when we want them to (adjusting components)

The reason the camera keeps moving to the top of the bot lab appears to be something to do with camera control on controllers. When I fiddle with my Steam controller it stops doing it. Of course if you're not using a controller it's going to be a problem.

Offline Witherana

• The Man
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Hm, what am i doing here
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1362 on: May 26, 2016, 01:25:36 PM »
the AI is just crap
Emergency is just flipping for no reason and the building, don't get me started on that. if you want a wedge: its impossible
Been doing this for 8 years...

Offline JoeCB1991

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1363 on: May 26, 2016, 01:30:23 PM »
Been a long time since I've logged in on here, although I've still been lurking.

I was so excited when they announced this, been reading through the thread every other day. But what I've seen so far watching the stream is a bit iffy. RA2 DSL looks better.

I think it will get better and I plan to buy it at some point. Some cool ideas, but it still needs some work.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1364 on: May 26, 2016, 01:31:14 PM »
I'm disgusted so far.
Jesus
This. The online doesn't work, the host wins as soon as the match starts :P

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #1365 on: May 26, 2016, 01:42:01 PM »
ITT: Overreacting

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1366 on: May 26, 2016, 01:44:03 PM »
Have you played it? It's barely functioning in it's current state. Hopefully the dev team can turn it around, although I doubt it.

On that note, I've submitted my refund request. remember guys, over 2 hours gametime and you can't refund. I'll consider repurchasing if/when the game gets fixed.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1367 on: May 26, 2016, 01:46:01 PM »
I think this is an appropriate reaction to a sequel to the game on which this forum is based. This is our way of telling the devs how disappointed we are in their game.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1368 on: May 26, 2016, 01:46:48 PM »
this game.

in building there are plenty of options who look like "hey that seems nice" but when you actually are up to it YOU CANNOT BUILD.

Literally I am having trouble aligning 2 HPZ's because you can only rotate them after you have placed them, which is nice but you know when rotating is entirely free and your motor's rotation is 5 degree off.

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
« Reply #1369 on: May 26, 2016, 01:47:44 PM »

Kill, I can't believe you can actually defend this game.

Our reactions are perfectly justified. It is fundamentally broken and will not be fixed.

If the developer even gave an ounce of care then they would have not released the game. Not in this state. It is almost unplayable.

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #1370 on: May 26, 2016, 01:50:02 PM »
It's barely functioning in it's current state.

That reminds me, wasn't NerdCubed gonna play this?

He's predictably gonna hate it. Or he'll love it because of the stupid things you can build in it.

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1371 on: May 26, 2016, 01:52:17 PM »
ive spent an hour in the bot lab and i still can't build a robot that uses tank steering

**** this

Offline Mouldy

• Super Heavyweight
  • Still can't make robots after 20 years.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Mr.Kinch
« Reply #1372 on: May 26, 2016, 01:52:40 PM »
It's barely functioning in it's current state.

That reminds me, wasn't NerdCubed gonna play this?

He's predictably gonna hate it. Or he'll love it because of the stupid things you can build in it.

He's not going to like it one bit. He's been designing and making games for about a year now. He'll see the flaws and what's wrong.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #1373 on: May 26, 2016, 01:55:47 PM »
Yes guys, I've been playing for about an hour, and I think that with our feedback this can be made useful.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline JoeCB1991

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1374 on: May 26, 2016, 01:56:38 PM »
Apparently you can get some of the components to float above the chassis without being attached to anything.

Seeing that right now with one of the motors on Sage's stream

Offline Jules

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1375 on: May 26, 2016, 01:57:11 PM »
Even the AI bots.

It's like... what? We only get a handful and there seems to be no indication of their weight  (from what I can see)

A good portion of them are completely unskinned

Edit: and yes. You can essentially place parts wherever you want.

Want to float some batteries 10 feet above the chassis? Go for it. How about 5 feet to the side?
Sure, why not?

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1376 on: May 26, 2016, 01:58:29 PM »
Anybody care to thoroughly explain why they didn't like it? Most comments are just calling it "bad" and "a pain" which don't really give much information as to what the issue is.

I think it is VERY IMPORTANT for us, the Robot Arena community, to give concrete constructive criticisms to the devs rather than dismiss thr game outright. We can help turn the game into what we all hoped for and the devs themselves will benefit from our criticism.

Think about it. We are supposed to be the most dedicated fanbase/testers/community for this game. If not us then who? Nobody. The game fails and fades into nothing and we are stuck with RA2.

For one, I think we should make a thread to report issues like being able to put items into nothing and such and neatly orgabize them in the OP for easy access to the devs. They see this forum and it would be great for this dedicated community to put their hands together to help them create a good game.

Offline Jules

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1377 on: May 26, 2016, 02:00:08 PM »
Anybody care to thoroughly explain why they didn't like it? Most comments are just calling it "bad" and "a pain" which don't really give much information as to what the issue is.

I think it is VERY IMPORTANT for us, the Robot Arena community, to give concrete constructive criticisms to the devs rather than dismiss thr game outright. We can help turn the game into what we all hoped for and the devs themselves will benefit from our criticism.

Have you played the game?
Not being sarcastic. I honestly don't know.

You don't have any complaints???

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1378 on: May 26, 2016, 02:02:33 PM »

You can't build properly in it.

Not everything is bad, there ARE some new nice features but it is overshadowed by the bad UI and design decisions at the moment.

Like whenever I placed a ztek it put them halfway through the chassis, chassis making is far more complicated and the benefits of the new system are low compared to the drawbacks, for some reason it places components on a grid and THEN you can move them with some ui (and you never succeed in placing them symmetrically, at opposite 180° rotations or at the same height)

literally RA2 as it is is far superior. maybe they will improve their game, right now it's unplayable unless you have lots and lots of patience.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1379 on: May 26, 2016, 02:05:13 PM »

Have you played the game?
Not being sarcastic. I honestly don't know.

You don't have any complaints???

Haven't played it but I never planned to buy it day 1 anyways since I haven't been interested in RA2 since 2010. I'm just here for the RA3 release and might leave again soon TBH.

I'm just saying that this is a chance to vreate RA3. Sure the game is bad now but every game at some stage of development is this bad, they just happened to release it (on early access) at this stage. What I'm saying is let's try to help and push the devs to continue development and get it to a good stage, ratger than dismiss the game, discourage the devs, and lose thr opportunity.

Be helpful not hateful.