5 (5.1%)
It's alright, could do with some polish
21 (21.2%)
It's not good
27 (27.3%)
It's a broken mess
46 (46.5%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Robot Arena 3  (Read 317990 times)

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • Master of the House Robots
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robot Arena 3!
« Reply #1180 on: May 16, 2016, 04:58:52 AM »
My two wishes for this game is the following: A boxed version, and that, if possible, somebody makes the house robots (all 8, excluding Refbot, and maybe Shove) for the game. If not, maybe I could somehow get my not-yet-existing models into the game, once they're modeled to 100% of course :smile:
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline Tygron

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • O.o
    • tygron117
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #1181 on: May 16, 2016, 05:39:56 AM »
Isn't that a moot point anyway, since we would just end up doing stuff like-
-snip-
Unless parts would still collide in this sort of manner, in which case, it would make bot building incredibly obnoxious.
Well I was thinking more along the lines of putting armored plates over places where hammers and the like swing as either a lazy way of making more armor or if there isn't a more elegant way of using smaller pieces. But yes you're right people just end up making crazy tribar contraptions. And yes, parts colliding together would make it more obnoxious to build a bot, but we already do that with the arbitrary rules on IRL designs and the like. Sure it's all guidelines and not hardcoded into the game, but it's still a point.

This is what I meant on the fun factor, making it harder to quickly make a bot without "oh no my everything collides with itself" being a thing over a little more realism. I'd like both, but balancing that in a way that works is kinda hard. It's kinda either or after a point.

Offline courthousedoc

• Derpasaurus Rex
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • AKA Okamifan1
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • A Taste of Deco
    • Awards
  • Discord: Okamifan1 #2120
« Reply #1182 on: May 16, 2016, 09:53:47 AM »
My two wishes for this game is the following: A boxed version, and that, if possible, somebody makes the house robots (all 8, excluding Refbot, and maybe Shove) for the game. If not, maybe I could somehow get my not-yet-existing models into the game, once they're modeled to 100% of course :smile:
Seeing how budget games are mostly digital now I doubt a boxed version of Robot Arena 3 will be made, especially since it seems to be closely tied with Steam Workshop. Although with the new chassis design system I think all the house bots could be possible.
Let me tell you something I learned through life... The weakest link in the chain isn't always the failure point.
Steam:
Tournament History:
My Showcases:

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1183 on: May 16, 2016, 12:33:17 PM »
They just made a official RA3 facebook, literally in the last 20 or so minutes. Nothing to see right now - just the up-to-date logo and that old bot lab pic of the bot with the tribar battleaxes we've seen before as the header.
https://www.facebook.com/Robot-Arena-III-1753638211549065/

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #1184 on: May 16, 2016, 03:34:00 PM »
if possible, somebody makes the house robots (all 8, excluding Refbot, and maybe Shove) for the game.

Which versions though?
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #1185 on: May 16, 2016, 03:45:39 PM »
if possible, somebody makes the house robots (all 8, excluding Refbot, and maybe Shove) for the game.

Which versions though?

Probably the old ones as we have better pictures of those. Although I assume people will try to make both.

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1186 on: May 17, 2016, 12:18:48 AM »
I made an unofficial Robot Wars group on Facebook for anyone to join, if you wish :smile:
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #1187 on: May 17, 2016, 03:04:24 AM »
I'm one of the admins of a large fb group literally called Unofficial Robot Wars. :P

On a more relevant note, I have been informed of the existence of/r/robotarena3 which could be fun :L
//

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1188 on: May 17, 2016, 03:13:32 AM »
/r/robotarena3 probably isn't going to take off then GTM already exists as a forum of discussion for robot arena. Plus showcasing on reddit would be terrible due to forum sliding.

Had a look at /u/NinteenFortyFive's (the guy who made the sub) profile for laughs and found that he also moderates /r/robotarena2 (that has a grand total of 3 posts in it, all related to RA3), /r/MensLib (some nu-male feminist sub), and /r/HealthyGirls (a sub for pictures of fat chicks, which has 0 posts in it whatsoever). What a guy.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #1189 on: May 17, 2016, 03:14:55 AM »
NinteenFortyFive is Sys32 who dropped the mods a message about it a day or so ago.
//

Offline WeN

• #1 Malaysian Idiot
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
  • totsugeki!!!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: thatwenguy
« Reply #1190 on: May 17, 2016, 03:26:57 AM »
I think Robot Arena 3 has gitch.

I think you can create Mecha or walking Robot. :dumb)

Offline SkullKid2000

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1191 on: May 17, 2016, 12:08:23 PM »
I'm one of the admins of a large fb group literally called Unofficial Robot Wars. :P

On a more relevant note, I have been informed of the existence of/r/robotarena3 which could be fun :L
Darn it...! Well, mine is more focused on the pullbacks. I think I'll rename my group to Skull Kid's Robot Wars instead ;)
Best Regards,

Skull Kid

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1192 on: May 17, 2016, 02:49:20 PM »
Q&A, Round 6
http://steamcommunity.com/games/363530/announcements/detail/8538083937994165

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #1193 on: May 17, 2016, 03:06:33 PM »

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1194 on: May 17, 2016, 04:55:59 PM »
With the way they worded it, it sounds more like they're talking more about baseplate stacking than component overlapping. That one scorpion bot had intersecting claws, so I don't think they're going full realistic with ra3.

this might explain why this month's BOTM is standard and not unrealistic though...
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1195 on: May 17, 2016, 05:09:44 PM »
Huh.. overlooked the Scorpion bot intersecting, yeah. Well we do know even now a lot of the stuff they have in the trailers isn't finished, if it's all old footage or they're working right to the deadline we won't know for another 9 days. The fact it's old WIP footage is key - it shows they're not afraid to showcase a visibly unfinished product in their promotional material, as close as 3 weeks to the release date. In reality they could be further ahead then we've seen. The bots could have self-collision contrary to the combat seen in the trailer, the bot lab could be all tidy and working, and chassis skinning for that matter too, we don't know yet.

The best indication of how the game looks right now is probably either going to be from the supposed beta testers or from the booth they did at shows.

Offline TDS

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1196 on: May 17, 2016, 07:25:10 PM »

Poor baby!

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1197 on: May 17, 2016, 09:13:03 PM »
>Right now we’ve yet to be able to control Internet latency as much as we’d like to. We’ve worked to make the online multiplayer experience as robust as possible, however poor latency, as with all games, result in a less than optimal player experience. There isn’t a spectator mode supported as of yet thought that could be considered as one of the prioritized post release features. As for recording, that should be doable at release thanks to third-party tools.
>Yfw Multiplayer is gonna blow just as hard as RA2.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline DeadGenocide

• Yesweight
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • "Fast and Furious." - Stock Team SPARK
    • UCe_o8LyJBuavehO3pRU5ilg
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1198 on: May 17, 2016, 09:36:09 PM »
>Right now we’ve yet to be able to control Internet latency as much as we’d like to. We’ve worked to make the online multiplayer experience as robust as possible, however poor latency, as with all games, result in a less than optimal player experience. There isn’t a spectator mode supported as of yet thought that could be considered as one of the prioritized post release features. As for recording, that should be doable at release thanks to third-party tools.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

Well about AI tournaments for RA3
i'm only a finalist in BBEAMS 7 which was a meme tournament and I just stole a NAR AI bot and made it dense as ****.
and Not Bushido was a thing that happened, I beat the #1 seed despite being #bad seed.

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
  • DSL2's UI/Logo Artist. Better known as: Nacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1199 on: May 18, 2016, 05:38:28 AM »

Pretty sure you read that wrong. What he is saying that they haven't worked out the Vector/MathF LERP+Angle function to the fullest in Unity or that they haven't looked into 3rd party Network system such as Photon Networking package from Unity's Asset Store. :)

It's bad to assume Unity version going to work like RA2 just because the PR guy tried to avoid speak programming stuff to bunch of players like yourself. :)
Where did I go?   Everywhere else. There's a world out there.