5 (5.1%)
It's alright, could do with some polish
21 (21.2%)
It's not good
27 (27.3%)
It's a broken mess
46 (46.5%)

Total Members Voted: 98

Author Topic: Robot Arena 3  (Read 316782 times)

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Robot Arena 3
« Reply #1460 on: May 27, 2016, 08:29:35 AM »
Yeah I couldn't make anything decent enough to see and the AI flippers weren't strong enough either. Flex Top arena obviously has OOTAs though so they're in the game.
It doesn't register though. My opponent fell down there so I chased after it once the match didn't end. You can drive around down there. It's a pool of water. There's also a nice waterfall effect where the crowd used to be.
I noticed that the same thing happened when I pushed one of the AI into the fire pits in the hazard arena. It didn't get counted out either, despite not being able to move
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1461 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:57 AM »
Yeah I couldn't make anything decent enough to see and the AI flippers weren't strong enough either. Flex Top arena obviously has OOTAs though so they're in the game.
It doesn't register though. My opponent fell down there so I chased after it once the match didn't end. You can drive around down there. It's a pool of water. There's also a nice waterfall effect where the crowd used to be.

It works for me, except the killplane is the water rather then the above the springs - leading to situations where you still survive because you fell through the center and can drive around on the spring geometry.

I'm also getting situations where eliminated bots get counted out multiple times over before a match where the player is defeated ends.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #1462 on: May 27, 2016, 08:37:57 AM »
Can confirm, was beaten on points by a bot not even on the arena in FlexTop
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1463 on: May 27, 2016, 08:56:54 AM »
i think this game as it is may be just good for the next n00b warz tournament

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #1464 on: May 27, 2016, 09:14:18 AM »
Can I just say that I love the fact that you essentially have no limits in the RA3 Bot Lab? Like, in terms of it being in the final game, it's pretty awful, but on it's own, it's so much fun for me.

Expect a showcase soon; I'm legit having a blast just building. Yeah, the game itself needs to be fixed ASAP, but... I just love the new bot lab! It's broken as all hell, but that's kinda why I like it so much. It feels like Bamzooki's zook kit but with more complexity. It's like a debug mode, in a way. And it's so much fun to mess around with IN MY OPINION. I know that a lot of people think differently, and yes, it's bad, but I couldn't care less because I'm having a hell lot of fun with it.

Maybe £12 was a little excessive for a bot builder, but screw it; I'm having fun. I'm happy with the purchase I've made. And I'm not refunding because I wish to support this until they abandon it.

*casually awaits "ur a stupid twat" replies*

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #1465 on: May 27, 2016, 10:42:43 AM »
I find it funny that for being devs that are supposedly super passionate about the game and actually took input from this community they don't seem to have realized our obsession with wedges.

Their biggest mistake was not coming on here and actively asking us what we wanted out of a new game. They lurked, for sure, considering some of the features they did add, and references like the SFTW replica in the game; but they did so blindly, without any direction, and only picked up bits and pieces of what people have talked about wanting. If they came on here and asked, we could have given them a list of the things that RA2 did right, and what kinds of new bits and pieces we would have liked.

Edit: Guys, we have feedback and bug report threads that aren't getting any posts. The least we can do is organize our thoughts and hope that these issues can be worked on, instead of just  being miserable pricks.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1466 on: May 27, 2016, 10:54:40 AM »
Edit: Guys, we have feedback and bug report threads that aren't getting any posts. The least we can do is organize our thoughts and hope that these issues can be worked on, instead of just  being miserable pricks.
This. RA3 is the closest we're gonna get to a new robot combat game for a long while, so we should try and help the devs recover form this disaster as much as possible.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1467 on: May 27, 2016, 11:39:40 AM »
Their mistake was rushing a game out the door in 6 months.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1468 on: May 27, 2016, 11:48:20 AM »
I encourage everyone to make EMERGENCY clones. With 1300 units of chassis weight using Steel/Fibreglass and 2050 units total it's not super duper fast (then again I'm using Z-Teks and not PSUs) but seeing it plow and flip through everything makes me forget momentarily that the game is broken.

They're letting us build too light a robot for the torque of the biggest motors; more speed, less power.

Offline LiNcK

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • 8linck8
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1469 on: May 27, 2016, 12:37:36 PM »
i think this game as it is may be just good for the next n00b warz tournament
The vast majority of bots I've seen look pretty IRL. I wonder whether that's because making a DSL-S style bot is just extremely hard and annoying (and will probably bug out anyways) or whether that's just the way its gonna be.

On another note yesterday I sae a guy stream and he did get OOTA'd out of the Flex Top arena.  Some online matches even went pretty smoothly. Every time nothing glitched and the game seemed playable he was using a workshop bot called Spinny N Something else, ehich had a very colorful chassis.

Offline frezal

• Pronouns: any
  • Rep: 5
  • I am all eyes
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Oh, she’s on Instagram!
    • Awards
  • Discord: shelly.burger#9497
« Reply #1470 on: May 27, 2016, 01:02:00 PM »
For what it's worth, the official Battlebots page teased a video game earlier today, and got 700ish likes on the post as of now. There's money in this game if the devs have the initiative and drive to learn and do this right.

lol BattleBots only posted that recently discovered 2002 concept art because I dug it up and posted it to Reddit.  :gawe:

Still trying to convince them to hire a developer/publisher to finish and release it. I guarantee it would sell. RA3 is proof enough that people want a game, and just looking at the videos from the original BB game teasers shows something with a lot more functionality and action than this.
It looks like they were selling the GameCube version on their website: http://store.battlebots.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=154_156&product_id=240
Destroy your lives, on purpose!

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1471 on: May 27, 2016, 01:18:17 PM »
For what it's worth, the official Battlebots page teased a video game earlier today, and got 700ish likes on the post as of now. There's money in this game if the devs have the initiative and drive to learn and do this right.

lol BattleBots only posted that recently discovered 2002 concept art because I dug it up and posted it to Reddit.  :gawe:

Still trying to convince them to hire a developer/publisher to finish and release it. I guarantee it would sell. RA3 is proof enough that people want a game, and just looking at the videos from the original BB game teasers shows something with a lot more functionality and action than this.
It looks like they were selling the GameCube version on their website: http://store.battlebots.com/index.php?route=product/product&path=154_156&product_id=240
>300$

kek

Offline frezal

• Pronouns: any
  • Rep: 5
  • I am all eyes
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Oh, she’s on Instagram!
    • Awards
  • Discord: shelly.burger#9497
« Reply #1472 on: May 27, 2016, 01:48:25 PM »
Perhaps one of the people who bought it will leak the ROM. Upscale it in Dolphin and you have a more playable game than RA3.
Destroy your lives, on purpose!

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #1473 on: May 27, 2016, 02:00:55 PM »

this makes it look fun to me, i guess if it had working online gameplay it would be good for laughs

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1474 on: May 27, 2016, 02:54:51 PM »
Just bought it back
I belive they can do it

Offline Scorpio

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1475 on: May 27, 2016, 04:19:19 PM »
Oh, and I hate to deviate for a small off topic thing but, I need to address something quickly...

Guys.

2016 will be the year that gaming died.
Oh no.  Three game franchises are doing unsuccessfully.  Clearly, gaming is doomed in 2016.

Seriously, I can name a lot of great games that came out this year and were successful.  Really, I feel that I would have to look pretty hard for some really bad titles.  Maybe I'm out of the loop, somehow missed the news about Konami last year, but I still feel 2016 for gaming is going strong.  No offense to you, dude.

Okay.  I'm done going off topic with that.  I just needed to get that off my chest.

Okay, in hindsight, I was a little too rash in predicting the Great Video Game Crash of '16. I was just feeling INCREDIBLY salty over the fact that this one game, which the entire community spent MONTHS getting hyped for, turned out to be a dud, and to a lesser extent, the fact that literally every single game coming out this year that I've been hyped for either sucks or looks like it's going to suck. However, I don't think all has been lost yet.

Rollercoaster Tycoon World has been showing marked improvement in the two months it's been out. If that game, spearheaded by A-freaking-tari, can show improvement, then I have hope that RA3 can change for the better. Still, though, between those two I'm going to be veeeery wary of Early Access games in the future.

As for MN9, I may just have to wait and see if I find it possible or not.

Offline Calmarius

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1476 on: May 27, 2016, 04:25:45 PM »
It seems we have a killer robot now:

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I don’t care
« Reply #1477 on: May 27, 2016, 05:15:37 PM »
>Spikes are now Acid Spikes from RA2

10/10

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1478 on: May 27, 2016, 05:21:13 PM »
I'm gonna buy it when I've finished exams
R.I.P me

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1479 on: May 27, 2016, 07:34:00 PM »

this makes it look fun to me, i guess if it had working online gameplay it would be good for laughs
It makes it look fun to me aswell
I'm gonna buy it anyway, even if they don't fix all of the problems. I mean it's Robot Arena 3, the fact it even exists is astonishing