Author Topic: RA2 Bot Hall of Fame  (Read 5045 times)

Offline JoeBlo

Re: RA2 Bot Hall of Fame
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2011, 09:15:26 AM »
Honestly all you have to do is scrap the honorable mentions and sort out the current list into 2 categories..  thats what im getting at.. your achieving nothing by restarting it, people voted that way before and they will likely vote that way again.

My suggestion was one of many possible options for developing a system.. I dont care if it isnt used (just want to clear that up before you jump to that conclusion) as I had no problem with the current Hall of Fame..

But the only reason you would want to restart is to improve the system someway.. its a horrible waste of time to restart, have everyone vote the same way, restart, have everyone vote the same way and contiously find similar results..

By my understanding is you wanted 2 things improved..

1) reasons for robots to be there.. This was partially fixed by having people add explanations to the votes, but who decided if they hold up ? a single person's opinion isnt balanced enough.. The separation is a neat idea but not essential to cure the "problem"

2) some making it in while similar yet more notable robots are missing the cut (NWB example) this hasn't been addressed in any way.. the way I see it people tend to forget various robots when trying to reel a list off the top of their head, That was the basis of my nominate/ vote idea or JD's talk of campaigning or debating would also work..

You can run it anyway you like but you made this thread on the basis the system was flawed but I cant see any significant changes so im throwing in my food for thought so we dont get a "Well that didnt work" follow up topic..  ;)

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -5
  • The Guy
    • http://www.facebook.com/h
    • http://www.youtube.com/ro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2011, 09:24:43 AM »
3.COID(because its the worst DSL bot made.EVVVVVVVVEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRR.)
Not so sure about this one. SFTW was also indeed a very bad robot, but to a comical extent, which in turn gained it popularity- a bit like how Eddie the Eagle became popular in the Winter Olympics. In my opinion however, COID was more flat-out bad, in my opinion.

"Cries and screams are music to my ears."
-Soundwave

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2011, 09:25:02 AM »

By my understanding is you wanted 2 things improved..

1) reasons for robots to be there.. This was partially fixed by having people add explanations to the votes, but who decided if they hold up ? a single person's opinion isnt balanced enough.. The separation is a neat idea but not essential to cure the "problem"

2) some making it in while similar yet more notable robots are missing the cut (NWB example) this hasn't been addressed in any way.. the way I see it people tend to forget various robots when trying to reel a list off the top of their head, That was the basis of my nominate/ vote idea or JD's talk of campaigning or debating would also work..

You can run it anyway you like but you made this thread on the basis the system was flawed but I cant see any significant changes so im throwing in my food for thought so we dont get a "Well that didnt work" follow up topic..  ;)

Hmmm... Your second point gives me pause. I have to agree other bots may be missed out that rightfully go there... Tell you what, If I keep the 10 nominees per voter system I have, what exactly would your plan then do? Form my understanding, some (or maybe all) the nominated bots show up on a poll, then the most voted on bots there (how many? top 5? top 10?) get inducted into the Hall, and I would assume would get placed into the tournament bots and innovative bots section for easy organization.

If you plan is what I think your plan is, then perhaps I was wrong to dismiss it (and people who have already voted will not be effected as long as the 10 nominees per voter requirement stands).
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2011, 09:41:03 AM »
Im not thinking much about time frames, It could end up a long process but I guess it would be worth it for a hall of fame

(Others feel free to chime in there idea's too, its not my Hall of Fame its the communities)

Now I played this out in my head..

- Everyone nominates up to X amount of robots..

- List is compiled, if multiple robots show up its opuut on the list once but all different reasons listed (for same reasons just pick the best worded ones)

- List is posted and non deserving nominees need to be scrapped.. I would think a poll for what should go (with unlimited options) and X amounts of votes the robot is dropped from the list..

- The final surviving list of robots is then put to a poll (select up to X amount of the options) and the top X amount end up in the hall of fame

Just my thoughts, keeps it all majority opinions but if something is forgotten someone else is bound to nominate it if it has a possible reason for being there..

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2011, 05:06:26 PM »
Sounds good. I feel it would give deserving bots the best chance of getting on, and also increase overall voter turnout because clicking some buttons on a poll is far less hassle than sending a PM.

Specific to this vote, I would have people vote for 10 nominees by posting on a thread or by PM. I am worried though that if I have two polls (one for the scrapped nominees and one for the actual voting) people might get confused, so I think I will simply put up all the nominees received (there shouldn't be tooooo many), and simply have people vote out of those.

As long as people have no qualms with it I will enact this plan.

I do however need some more votes. I only have one so far... T

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2011, 12:02:31 PM »
Is it that everyone has forgotten about this or nobody cares? Either way I would appreciate someone answering this question.

Offline Jack Daniels

• Rep: 9
  • Losing Tournaments with Style
    • matt.morrill.12
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • My abandoned online RPG project.
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2011, 02:54:48 PM »
I care.  But, I have been too busy to give it much thought.  It occurred to me that it takes a ton of brainpower to think back and remember the bots that really stand out from the crowd.

Edit: Oh... and one of your minions just paid me a visit while I was typing this... Trying to pursuade me huh?

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: June 11, 2011, 08:30:58 PM »
I say Hammer Of Justice should be in the Hall of Fame.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: June 11, 2011, 10:37:37 PM »
Blame Resetti for the 25-bot thing :P

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2011, 03:42:06 AM »
Can the above to posters please refrain from posting until they have read the whole thread.

Thank You..

You nominate robots (with reasoning provided) via pm, then we put all the nominees into a poll and vote on who should be in the hall of fame..

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #50 on: June 20, 2011, 11:09:39 PM »
Could seriously use some more votes (only have 2). I would expect everyone who showed interest in this thread would give me their votes...

Offline freeziez

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • He's Mr. White Christmas, he's Mr. Snow...
    • youtube.com/freeziezGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: June 20, 2011, 11:46:45 PM »
Gonna vote soon...
obligatory battlebots 5 comment

GTM Awards 2011

Best Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)
Best New Tournament Host: freeziez
Most Suprising Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2011, 03:31:33 AM »
Imma vote after my exams finish tomorrow.
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2011, 06:39:33 AM »
I'll vote soon. Hopefully.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #54 on: June 26, 2011, 12:11:03 PM »
BUMP

I think the way that robots are put into the Hall Of Fame should be changed.

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: June 26, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
BUMP

I think the way that robots are put into the Hall Of Fame should be changed.

I have already decided to change the format to this:

Official Rules:

People are to nominate 10 bots via PM to me.
A voting thread will then be made with a poll that contains all the nominees.
The top 10 bots will then be inducted, with discussion being hopefully plentiful.

There, plain and simple. I currently have 3 votes so far and would like to have more.

If by change you mean something other than my Joe's format (shown above) than please state you proposition (I won't change for this vote though, seeing as enough switching has already been done).

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #56 on: June 26, 2011, 01:26:48 PM »
Thread Locked.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
« Reply #57 on: June 26, 2011, 02:42:19 PM »

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #58 on: June 26, 2011, 03:19:22 PM »
Okay, now the thread is locked.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Sparkey98

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -20
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2011, 03:22:20 PM »
I'll give you guys one more chance to calm down, but if this is still going on when I get back from work bans will be dealt.