Author Topic: DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!  (Read 82262 times)

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2005, 12:54:21 PM »
This looks suspicious... to clear things up: Yes, Vincent IS on the DSL team and he is making new menu graphics.  Quite good ones too.

I suppose since Firebeetle mentioned it, I have to show you this fun sneak peek.  But I'm not going to say what it is (and post more screens) until next week :twisted:   Until then you'll just have to guess.

Edit: Oh yeah, Mr. Weedy - I know the 'gloves' look to be the wrong way, but there's a reason for it.  They protect the pistons a little better that way.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline house_Fly

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2005, 04:22:08 PM »
ZOMFG a stunt couse sweet thats bad ass lol good job dsl team

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=546612&T=8556
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2005, 07:07:51 AM »
Lol map's meaning is that who wreaks up his/hers robot first doing maniac stunts is the winner. x)
I was Da beta tester Da da dada DA, Da. And that felt good.  :mrgreen:

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #83 on: October 14, 2005, 11:11:57 AM »
More stunt arena screenies! :mrgreen:  Yes, you were right, this arena is a huge space full of jumps and loops and stuff for the sole purpose of doing stunts with your bot (or just goofing around).

Also, what do you all think of Vincent's graphics?  Even though you haven't seen the best ones yet.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #84 on: October 14, 2005, 11:14:32 AM »
One more.

Offline house_Fly

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #85 on: October 14, 2005, 05:03:04 PM »
that stuff looks totally insane and his graphics are nice but why is the timer counting the bot out? that makes no sense

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
  • DSL2's UI/Logo Artist. Better known as: Nacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #86 on: October 14, 2005, 07:17:43 PM »
Can't you see the other bot in the caged area?   He's stuck in there with boredom while he's having fun with stunt course.  :twisted:
Where did I go?   Everywhere else. There's a world out there.

Offline WRXSTI

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2005, 08:00:26 PM »
Quote from: Clickbeetle
frenZy fans rejoice: in DSL 2.0, that short little 90 degree hammer has been extended to twice its previous length (approximately the length of the real hammer) and swings back and forth through a 180 degree arc!

Before anyone gets their hopes up: No, that's not a burst motor.  180 deg burst motors are still impossible, unfortunately.  The hammer is swung by a limited spin motor like the hammer motor in FB's component pack.

Animation of the updated frenZy swinging the hammer.  You can see how it could be a threat to spinners.

(Image removed from quote.)

will the bottom be dimond plate or will it still have the tire texture? and can you make a version with the bar with the bolt on the end that was used aganst the matador in battlebots season 7.0

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2005, 11:56:10 AM »
Changing the tire texture to diamond plate isn't done, but it would be easy enough to do.  As for the bolt, I'm not sure what you're talking about.  There was no Battlebots season 7.0... the last one was 5.  But if you have any pics of this bolt hammer, post them and I'll see if I can do it.

Anyways, here are the new Spike Heads for DSL 2.0!  They're bigger, tougher, and more neurotic than before!

LW - Raving M.A.D.: A (very) zippy little rammer that remains one of the toughest LW's despite all the problems with rammer AI.  Spinners beware!

MW - iNsAnItY: One of the more innovative designs in the pack, iNsAnItY packs a Beta burst to power its lifting arm.  The arm can be used to flip bots, or to crush them when it comes back down, since that huge motor has so much torque.  The AI will employ both uses of the weapon, so watch out!

HW - Big Metal Friend: Arguably the heaviest armored bot in the pack with two layers of armor plus a wall of spikes in the front, it will take an insanely powerful spinner to rip through this thing.  That is, if you don't get embraced in its 'loving' arms first!

Note that BMF uses spiked clubs as extenders to hold on the hammers.  That's another nasty little trick you'll be able to do in DSL 2.0 :mrgreen:

Offline WRXSTI

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #89 on: October 22, 2005, 09:35:40 PM »
sorry about that it was in season 5.0 when frenzy battled matador, he used a titanium bar sticking out of the front or the robot with a bolt sticking up on the end to prevent the matador from flipping him.

Offline ham

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #90 on: October 27, 2005, 07:12:46 PM »
been waiting FOREVER whens next sneak peek or did you do them all!? lol :lol:

Offline WRXSTI

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #91 on: October 27, 2005, 09:08:16 PM »
Quote from: ham
been waiting FOREVER whens next sneak peek or did you do them all!? lol :lol:
sneek peaks are every friday

Offline ham

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #92 on: October 28, 2005, 05:35:49 AM »
yeah so its almost been 2 fridays if not 3 or 4

Offline house_Fly

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #93 on: October 28, 2005, 07:34:20 AM »
no its been since last friday click posted on october 21 and they looked so cool it was team spike head

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #94 on: October 28, 2005, 12:08:02 PM »
We'll be skipping ahead this week to the last stock team, The Scrappers.  Instead of having 3 real robot replicas as the other 3 bots in their team, they have... these.

We all know how much players like not just destroying their opponent's control board, but completely and utterly dominating their opponent, tearing off as many pieces as possible and laughing maniacal, evil laughter as debris litters the arena floor like snow  :twisted:   And DSL 2.0 delivers.

When a Tornado Went Through a Junkyard, The Stuff of Champions, and Wreck Tangle are all junk bots using the 'useless' AI parts, specifically designed with maximum 'shredability' in mind.  They make excellent targets for when you just want to totally destroy something.

Oh, and on a related subject: All of those AI parts will be available as cheatbot2 components in DSL 2.0, so you'll be able to make some scrap bots of your own if you want, although it won't be considered stock.

Offline house_Fly

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #95 on: October 28, 2005, 04:21:41 PM »
wow nice those are amazing they look useless and like hunks of crap to smash but this is good i am one enjoys slaughting robots

Offline charger1

• View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #96 on: October 31, 2005, 04:12:00 PM »
hey guys,
i'm new to the game but i've caught up very quick. i'm really into the DSL
version of the game, once you get that there is no going back. anyway
i, like many others cant wait till version 2.0 comes out. i check back here often so keep posting on the progress of 1 of only 2 video games to hook me like a crack habit.
thanx.

Offline ham

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #97 on: October 31, 2005, 06:29:22 PM »
then Welcome  :D,woot 100th reply

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #98 on: November 04, 2005, 11:39:01 AM »
The North Polers have the most dangerous hammer bots in the pack, as well as the most powerful pushy bot.  Don't mess with these guys unless you know what you're doing :wink:

LW - Tip of the Iceberg: With good drive power, a devastatingly powerful pickaxe, a snow plow for pushing you around, and surprising balance, it will be hard to remember that this bot is only the tip of the iceberg.

MW - Iceberg: Like Tip of the Iceberg, but faster, stronger, and more powerful.  The arch nemesis of shell spinners everywhere.  The plow is a reskinned heavy snowplow.

HW - Snow Job: It doesn't have any real weapons, but what Snow Job does do it does well: shove the other bot like it's not even there.  The front of this bot is so well armored, you almost need a hammer or get-under type weapon to defeat it.

Offline house_Fly

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #99 on: November 04, 2005, 04:59:02 PM »
nice but these look a little simple compared to what has been posted guess il have to see them in action