Author Topic: DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!  (Read 82260 times)

Offline ham

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #120 on: November 26, 2005, 02:30:11 AM »
Quote from: Vincent

(Image removed from quote.)

whoa...dang thats the team screen!???!! thats freakin amasing lol

Offline house_Fly

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #121 on: November 27, 2005, 09:20:03 AM »
thats nice with a silent k
KNICE

Offline WRXSTI

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #122 on: November 27, 2005, 10:09:35 AM »
Quote from: Vincent
ok fellas, I decided to show a TINY bit of a preview on DSL2's new interface graphic. Some of you might know what it is... or maybe not.  :wink:

You might never know, cause the interface is 100% changed from the first version and more.
(well ok... I'm still working on it, but it will be completely whole new interface by the time I'm done)

(Image removed from quote.)

wow, that graphic is amazing good work vincent!

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #123 on: December 02, 2005, 01:00:09 PM »
Team HEX

LW - Grim Chopper: It's rather slow, but if Grim Chopper ever manages to sink its Gothic axe into your bot's unprotected top, you'll be wishing you were fighting Lock Nut instead.  This bot sports one of my finer skinning jobs, with a very corroded, grungy metal look.

MW - Lock Nut: The pitifully weak rammer from stock RA2 makes a quantum leap to the most destructive spinner in DSL.  I don't normally reveal what's inside these bots, but with Lock Nut I can't resist - that is a 6-MAG GEARBOX spinning 90 kgs of weapons :twisted:   Defeating Lock Nut will be the ultimate achievement for a MW that everyone will envy you for.

HW - Cranky Spanky: It may have a weird, nonsensical name, but that doesn't detract from Cranky Spanky's near invincibility.  Rivaling Big Metal Friend for sheer durability, CS sports two flippers and two hammers that can grab your bot Complete Control-style while doing damage and flipping at the same time.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline ham

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #124 on: December 02, 2005, 02:42:58 PM »
awesome good job once again  :wink:  ......darn i cant wait for dsl 2.0!!

Offline Tygron007

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • www.freewebs.com/tygron
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #125 on: December 02, 2005, 09:35:53 PM »
FINALY! I've been trying to login for months! OK I love the new DSL pack! but is the garadge going to be new? If so or not if there is a garadge door then could you make it open and you could go out into the town wreck cars busses... break into the -town name here- desaster zone arenas... (the DSL arenas building) and stuff like that? I know it will be a big poly count and all but is it worth a shot? Maby with a later version. Vincent I love the garadge graphic and arena logo! can't wait to see the whole thing! Well most of this goes in ideas but I just got carried away sorry... but please think about my idea...  :)

Tygron over and out :twisted:

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #126 on: December 09, 2005, 11:52:56 AM »
I'm breaking the pattern of AI-other stuff-AI here, because there are now more AI teams left to show than there is other new stuff.

Anyway here is Team Z.

LW-Insane Berserker: Like its namesake, Insane Berserker will go all-out offensive at full power, shredding anything that comes close, for as long as its batteries last.  Surviving until then will be quite an accomplishment.

MW-Razorback: A fast, well armored wedge/rammer/sideways flipper, Razorback will give any spinner (or any other design, for that matter) a serious run for its money.  Arguably the single toughest middleweight, it can even defeat the feared Lock Nut.

HW-Eye Stabber: Eye Stabber may be one of the least tough heavyweights in the pack, but if you let it sink its spikes into your bot's side, you'll be regretting it as much as if you ran into Grog, the Vengeful.

Offline Vincent

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
  • DSL2's UI/Logo Artist. Better known as: Nacon
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #127 on: December 16, 2005, 03:15:12 AM »
Alright... it's Friday... and what do you get?

ANOTHER PREVIEW DIRECTLY FROM ME-VINCY!
(ok... Goose already saw this before hand, but whatever)

Today... I give you, the bot status preview.

As show on the picture....
Light blue bar is your power,
White bar is your air tank,
Red bar is your skin of armor... wait, there's more!

Now you have an interal damage bar in orange, under the word "Alert"
It'll show you how much damage have been taken from inside.  When the bar become full... ah, I'm sure you can figure that one out.  :twisted:

Also, you have a RC chip displayed in the middle of the status window. It will start out as green... will turn to yellow if minor damaged.... then turn red if damaged like heck.
Where did I go?   Everywhere else. There's a world out there.

Offline ham

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #128 on: December 16, 2005, 04:34:16 AM »
holy crap thats great man *sniff sniff* im so proud!  :twisted:

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #129 on: December 16, 2005, 04:05:37 PM »
Two of the major changes in DSL 2.0 are impossible to show in screenshots.  One is an almost total re-writing of the txt files, making them more convenient, balanced, and gramatically correct.  The other is all-new, more realistic sound effects.  These things alone greatly increase the play value in my opinion.

Even though it's so hard to show you all this kind of stuff, I did my best and made a 2-minute DSL 2.0 preview video featuring some impressive hits and stunts.

(10 mb)

Enjoy!

Offline WRXSTI

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #130 on: December 16, 2005, 09:56:35 PM »
Those new sounds are amazing and the bots look 10x cooler while batteling. nice work dsl team!

Offline ham

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #131 on: December 16, 2005, 09:58:42 PM »
indeed..im so proud of my vincy and clicky! *sniff sniff!!* they own  :D *sniff  :D *

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?songs=546612&T=8556
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #132 on: December 17, 2005, 05:36:30 AM »
Could you add an option to turn those green fading points on and off because now I can't know how hard my robot hits and so I don't know so easily is it good or not.

But sounds nice. But I hope the buzzer won't be so cracky as it was. =P
I was Da beta tester Da da dada DA, Da. And that felt good.  :mrgreen:

Offline Pointless_Robotics

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #133 on: December 17, 2005, 08:19:23 PM »
W00t new Ripblade!  I must say, this is amazing.  I've been into Robot Arena for a long time now (back in the days of Robot Arena 1) and I have never seen anything like this.  Good job guys.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #134 on: December 23, 2005, 11:15:28 AM »
Today's sneak peek features the Grand Masters of Pushybots, team SteelYard Dog.  These guys tend to dominate the arena against just about any opponent, especially spinners.  On any arena with dangerous hazards, always make sure to 'Beware of dog'!

LW - Mangy Mutt: Probably the most annoying opponent to face in the LW division, Mangy Mutt will get under you with its wedge and then either flip you with its hinged snow plow, or take you for a ride across the box, depending on the speed of the impact.  It can also withstand a heavy beating from even the gnarliest spinners with 3 mm steel armor and an extra plow for armor.

MW - Top Dog: Again, probably the most annoying MW opponent.  Once Top Dog has you in its dual snow plow jaws, there is little chance of escape before it takes you into the wall or a hazard.  And, for a little extra 'bite', if you manage to rip off Top Dog's snow plows, some deadly spikes will be exposed that can finish off your already weakened bot.

HW - Bad Dog: Much like a larger Top Dog, but Bad Dog is faster, stronger, and has a nasty bite associated with its rams.  If you thought Killdozer in DSL 1.2 was a tough opponent, you ain't seen nothing yet.

Offline Mr. Apocalypse

• The off and on RA2 Player
  • Antweight
  • Strangely can still remember my account
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2005, 07:04:01 PM »
Wow, the new teams are looking cool. I can't wait now.

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2005, 02:28:14 PM »
And I know exactly what's their weakest point and I also know exactly what robot to use against them.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:

Offline WRXSTI

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2005, 10:51:59 PM »
Quote from: Mr. Weedy
And I know exactly what's their weakest point and I also know exactly what robot to use against them.  :twisted:  :lol:  :twisted:

just use a heavy armoured low wedge

Offline Mr. Weedy

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #138 on: December 25, 2005, 05:12:17 AM »
Quote from: WRXSTI
Quote from: Mr. Weedy

just use a heavy armoured low wedge

Nope I'll use my Powerpack. It gets easily over their plows and smashes their chassises very fast when it is on them and it starts to swing its arms or rise itself in the air and start to poke them to death.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
DSL 2.0 Sneak Peeks!
« Reply #139 on: December 30, 2005, 12:32:14 PM »
Although Darkrat hasn't been very active lately, he did leave us with some nifty components for DSL 2.0.  This week's sneak peek includes a few of them.

What you see in the screenshot below are special small, lightweight parts for building antweights and beetleweights with more freedom.  Combined with new, lighter armor choices, there are almost as many possible insect-weight designs as there are heavier classes.  For example, I made this antweight wedge/vertical spinner with weight to spare, perhaps for a better wedge, bigger weapon, more batteries, or extra armor.  No longer will 90% of ants be rammers with this new addition.

The ant parts include a mini control board, batteries, wheels, motor, blade, and hammer.