Author Topic: 2 questions  (Read 2109 times)

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
2 questions
« on: April 21, 2013, 11:06:19 AM »
1. How do you build into a SHW or UHW class? I have the newest dsl but can't go past the HW limit of 800.

2. Is it possible to have 2 different positions for a weapon on an invertible robot? Like say if it was right side up and the weapon moved against the ground to scoop underneath. Then when the robot is turned up side down, you could push another button and it would move the weapon into the second position which would still move along the ground to scoop. For anyone who remembers battlebots, it could be equated to how vladiator and diesector fought. Their weapons moved along the ground in a wedge or scoop style, regardless of the position and could still be activated to flip or lift.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: 2 questions
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2013, 11:32:07 AM »
You need antiballasts to get past 800kg. You can download an antiballast here

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2013, 12:31:55 PM »
1. antiballast. it`s in the downloadsections somewhere.

2 eiter you use a metalhinge or a servomotor

Offline Venko

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2013, 01:01:35 PM »
I will recommend the .py file that allows you to build above 800 without an anti-ballast, but anyway...
 Also, they didn't tell you, that you need to remove the anti-ballast when you are done with the building, otherwise you can't test your bot in the garage or start a combat.

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
This might be a dumb question but can you still do tournaments or even just fight in the exhibition matches? Not sure since there isn't anything higher than HW.

By the way, is there no longer a "Lifter Snapper Motor"?I don't see it in the newest DSL.

Offline Venko

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2013, 02:46:02 PM »
This might be a dumb question but can you still do tournaments or even just fight in the exhibition matches? Not sure since there isn't anything higher than HW.
Yes, you can enter whatever you want, your bot is still counted as a HW only.

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2013, 03:14:37 PM »
I saw several antiballasts. I downloaded the "AcamsAntiballast". Not sure if there is any others but I found the item in the game and it sets the weight into like negative numbers. I'm guessing I have to build ALOT to reach the heavyweights again. Is this how it works or did I do something wrong?

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2013, 03:20:41 PM »
I saw several antiballasts. I downloaded the "AcamsAntiballast". Not sure if there is any others but I found the item in the game and it sets the weight into like negative numbers. I'm guessing I have to build ALOT to reach the heavyweights again. Is this how it works or did I do something wrong?

That's exactly how it works. Just be sure to remove it when you're done building or if you want to test the robot because it will cause mayhem.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 03:52:24 PM »

That's exactly how it works. Just be sure to remove it when you're done building or if you want to test the robot because it will cause mayhem.

I've already noticed mayhem. I made a seperete dsl2.1 file in case something screwed up. I found the antiballast and it works. I went to import a few robots and one of them crashes the game. I couldn't figure out why and then I realized that the "Piglet Brushless Motors" are gone. Its always the first motor on the list and now there is two of those Power Steering Racks or whatever. The robot that won't import uses the piglet motors so it might be the cfz file that goes in the components folder. Do i keep both the cfz file i inserted and the one already in there? Or just the new one?

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2013, 03:55:50 PM »

I've already noticed mayhem. I made a seperete dsl2.1 file in case something screwed up. I found the antiballast and it works. I went to import a few robots and one of them crashes the game. I couldn't figure out why and then I realized that the "Piglet Brushless Motors" are gone. Its always the first motor on the list and now there is two of those Power Steering Racks or whatever. The robot that won't import uses the piglet motors so it might be the cfz file that goes in the components folder. Do i keep both the cfz file i inserted and the one already in there? Or just the new one?

I don't mean completely remove the component from the game. Just remove the part from the bot. If you leave it on the robot, it will bounce around like a superball in the arena.

I'll let someone else answer the rest for you.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2013, 04:16:10 PM »

I don't mean completely remove the component from the game. Just remove the part from the bot. If you leave it on the robot, it will bounce around like a superball in the arena.

I'll let someone else answer the rest for you.

I didn't remove it from the game. Adding it to the game changes some of what is available to use. The funny thing is that all the items in the extras during game play have things like the red lifting bracket that was in the original RA2. Do all the other antiballasts do this?

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2013, 06:22:07 PM »
The others shouldn't do that, no.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2013, 06:56:46 PM »
get a fresh copy of your components folder (delete your current one, copypaste the one from an unmodded version of DSL), install this into your arenas folder and stop worrying about all that other crap people are telling you.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2013, 07:47:15 PM »
get a fresh copy of your components folder (delete your current one, copypaste the one from an unmodded version of DSL), install this into your arenas folder and stop worrying about all that other crap people are telling you.

Do I still put the antiballast stuff into the game after getting  fresh copy of the components folder and installing the "sergepatcher_unlimitedmass.rar"?

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2013, 08:03:34 PM »
you can if you want, but there's no point to it.
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline eishiba

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 08:14:14 PM »
But this whole thread has been how to build past the 800 limit. If I don't put the stuff in, it obviously won't work. I made a seperate file in case something messed up so I'm not looking to save any precious data or anything. And what does the sergepatcher thing do?

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2013, 08:41:33 PM »
sergepatcher_unlimitmass disables the 800 kg weight limit, thus rendering the need for an antiballast null and void.