Author Topic: Interessed in a touney Idea?  (Read 1597 times)

Offline Cooker

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Interessed in a touney Idea?
« on: June 04, 2008, 08:09:56 AM »
The small private competition of Sage and Infinite could be extended a bit, to make it a Tourney. Sadly I'm not able to organize this, because I haven't the spare time for it.

The basic idea is a contest, where the a certain set of Items are given to build your bot. Every contestant gets the same set of parts, that he must use somehow. It would be alowed to use unlimited additional stock parts. The bots will then be AI-ed to do a tourney like BBEANS. Sure this can only work, when the bots remain secret, untill the beginning of the fights. The contestants will sign in blindly. They will only know if it is stock or DSL and the weight limit. After the parts are published, they get a deadline, when the bots have to be sent in.
I think this could be funny. Imagine how your brain gets busy, if you have to build a decent MW stock, that must contain for example:

1 Nifty
2 45° angle connectors
1 100mm round extender
1 redbird
1 servo piston
1 caster
1 axe head
1 spike stripe
1 forklift arm

Is anybody interessed to do something like this? So, go ahead and feel free to pick it up.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2008, 03:41:58 PM »
it would be better if people just joined our group. we talked about this a bit when we started. im sure anyone can join, if you are actually going to spend the time. all you need is a AIM address.

my aim is : sagesythelis

add me if you want to join. we'll explain the rules when you do.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline ACAMS

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2008, 04:58:03 PM »
Why don't you guy's do the Bot of the Month and we will eventually do just about everything.