Author Topic: First Strike Tournament Splash Brackets Videos  (Read 6435 times)

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
Re: First Strike Tournament Splash Brackets Videos
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2014, 03:58:54 PM »
to boost fps you should also lower the resolution, lower the graphic detail and/or turn off the effects

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #21 on: December 09, 2014, 02:14:52 AM »
I'm putting this tournament on hold because of the fact this laptop isn't running ra2 well. After christmas I will have a better one and be able to record videos.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • You can buy my stuff here!
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: December 09, 2014, 05:37:03 AM »
The AI on these bots is pretty bad too, example being at the very beginning when the robots kept jerking left and right. I would just throw that match out the window and fix the AI.
"I will try me best to AI for you, just dont expect perfection."
Imo you should be grateful he actually took time to bind whatever crap people send him. If I were ever to hold a tournament, I wouldn't even allow builders to send in bots if they hadn't already been AI:d. Its just pure lazyness by the builder and stupid too since you're putting your bots actual performance in someone else's hand. As long as the bot is moving forward and fire whatever weapon it has, I don't think you should cry about anything when it comes to the AI of a bot.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #23 on: December 09, 2014, 06:00:20 AM »
Some builders don't know how to AI, or might not have the time to learn, or flat out can't learn. You'd just not let them enter?
Yes the bot should move forward and fire it's weapon. Forward is not left then right then left then right... It's a relatively easy fix too, after a very quick test of the AI.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: December 09, 2014, 07:05:31 AM »
Some builders don't know how to AI, or might not have the time to learn, or flat out can't learn. You'd just not let them enter?
Yes the bot should move forward and fire it's weapon. Forward is not left then right then left then right... It's a relatively easy fix too, after a very quick test of the AI.

Thats correct, that would be one of my rules.

From the looks of it, it could definitly be better but it still put up a fight. I also feel something was off with the physics. Its hard to tell at that framerate. But how do you know its not a mistake by the builder? It might be a weight unbalance or different motors. I wont say that the AI is messed up until I know that.  I still think thats the price you pay for not doing AI yourself. Theres plenty of guides how to AI and will make botbuilding more fun.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #25 on: December 09, 2014, 07:11:44 AM »
That's a pretty harsh rule and would reflect pretty badly in the number of entrants. I almost put a rule into a tournament that you could enter 2 bots if you AIed them both, otherwise just 1, so positive reinforcement rather than punishments.
But whatever. Just seems short sighted in that some people genuinely might have tried to learn but can't. In fact, it makes you look lazy as a host.
//

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2014, 07:31:21 AM »
That's a pretty harsh rule and would reflect pretty badly in the number of entrants. I almost put a rule into a tournament that you could enter 2 bots if you AIed them both, otherwise just 1, so positive reinforcement rather than punishments.
But whatever. Just seems short sighted in that some people genuinely might have tried to learn but can't. In fact, it makes you look lazy as a host.

Thats true, quality over quantity ;) Not a bad idea though personally that rule would be to tough to implement since I'm only allowed 16 entrants tops.
I'm not lazy at all :dumb) I just don't want to affect the outcome of a match. I see AI as a part of botbuilding.

more on topic: Im sad to see this tourney on hold, but its understandable.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2014, 07:43:40 AM »
The AI on these bots is pretty bad too, example being at the very beginning when the robots kept jerking left and right. I would just throw that match out the window and fix the AI.
"I will try me best to AI for you, just dont expect perfection."
I never expect perfection. I expect adequacy.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2014, 04:40:29 PM »
Thats true, quality over quantity ;).

I don't AI my bots. I've AI'd one bot in my five years on GTM. Does that mean my bots aren't quality?

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Agaton

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: December 10, 2014, 07:04:27 AM »
Thats true, quality over quantity ;).

I don't AI my bots. I've AI'd one bot in my five years on GTM. Does that mean my bots aren't quality?

That was my way of saying I'm OK with fewer entries. Its nothing personal. I also wrote that I see AI as a part of botbuilding.

Who would win a race between a Formula 1 car and a Ford Transit?
Answer: The Tansit would because the Formula 1 driver was missing  :facepalm:

The crass reality is that without an AI , your bots cant compete. In terms of fighting, they're useless until someone finish your work and puts an AI in it, and even after that, people like Mr. AS might say that the AI could have been better. A better way to see it is that there might be a diamond in the rough, but you'll never know unless you take the time to add an AI and tweak it to your liking.

All of this is obviously taking things too seriously, but there's your answer.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2014, 09:30:57 AM »
Im going to upload my AI folder so people can make their minds up about the bindings. They are very shoddy jobs so people can submit revised bindings to their bots if they want, and if decent AI'ers want to fix up the bindings they can. Is this lazy? Yes. It is.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2014, 10:38:38 AM »
Is this lazy? Yes. It is.
It's a whole new level of laziness because you can't be bothered to change one number in a binding line so the bot drives right.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
Hell, this tournament has burned up and died. Its now on life support and relies on my laptop getting a new charger so i can actually record. At least i put out the AI folder.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #33 on: December 22, 2014, 12:28:16 PM »
At least i put out the AI folder.

Hahahaha no.
Using that as an excuse for your laziness is awful. Putting out the AI is not a reason for AIing badly for the tournament or giving up on it entirely.
//

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2014, 04:00:45 PM »
Why rage quit? Just do the job right for once and maybe we'll start liking you. Stuff like this is the reason you're so hated around here.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 04:16:18 PM »
The respect you will gain by completing this successfully would be huge, man.
Probably to the point you could stop faux posting everywhere about how you really don't care about negative rep.
//

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: December 23, 2014, 05:28:23 AM »
Change of plan. I still have no idea what is wrong with the AI that i had to do, but the affected bots were Axe Bot, KekBanter, and Panzer Strike. Axe Bot in testing didnt have this issue. Seeing as great banter seems to be using NPC fasts that may be why it acts like its on a combination of cocaine and crystal meth. Not sure about Panzer Strike, and in testing Axe Bot wasnt too jumpy. More testing required. In the meantime, I am finishing off the video for EBony versus Gamo. Using WMM i can speed up the footage 2X. This will mess up the audio i have for it, and i dont know how to mute it, so dont put audio on the youtube video, but yeah.

TL,DR: Axe Bot, Panzer Strike have possibly dodgy AI, great banter definitely has bad AI, kekscopes is ok,
new video soon, will be sped up 2x so dont use audio.

EDIT: Video up, and in testing only great banter has issues with driving. Im putting that down to too fast motors.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2014, 05:59:12 AM by Avalanche »
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2014, 07:55:04 AM »
You're recording with Bandicam but it looks like you're also recording with a camera. Is that some effect you put in there for no reason or what? Also, are you actually saying you don't know how to mute audio in WMM? Just go to 'Edit', then you will clearly see 'Video Volume'. Then, if you don't want the video to be in silence, just import some music in. It really isn't that hard to do and I think that reflects on how lazy you are.

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 23, 2014, 09:43:19 AM »
You're recording with Bandicam but it looks like you're also recording with a camera. Is that some effect you put in there for no reason or what? Also, are you actually saying you don't know how to mute audio in WMM? Just go to 'Edit', then you will clearly see 'Video Volume'. Then, if you don't want the video to be in silence, just import some music in. It really isn't that hard to do and I think that reflects on how lazy you are.
No, im using bandicam.And I barely use WMM, so i didnt know that.
Former DSL HW champion.
Professional cunt.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: December 23, 2014, 09:47:30 AM »
The fact that you barely use it is not a good excuse for not even looking for the mute button. Also, if you are using bandicam, what's with the way the video moves?