Author Topic: ELBITE Drawings Video and Discussion Board  (Read 18024 times)

Offline Gigafrost

• Rep: 0
  • You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
ELBITE Drawings Video and Discussion Board
« Reply #100 on: February 16, 2009, 01:56:47 PM »
I will check my FTPs entry folder to see if i missed you guys (If you sent it to me via the upload link). I'll also check my PMs as well...

@Inf- Interesting... I don't know why I don't have your entry then. Meanwhile, resend and we'll work things out.
To make things better, I will bout you with a ByeBot to start with. Otherwise I may need to go on with the tournament.

Same with you Wham, the entry part that is. I will change your entry to the one you desired if i find a copy of it in my files, as your old entry does kinda... suck.

Displaying the DeathMatch Bot Splash soon enough.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2009, 12:30:21 PM by Gigafrost »

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: February 21, 2009, 12:13:05 PM »
Is there a date behind the soon enough?
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #102 on: February 24, 2009, 07:08:43 AM »
No. This weekend the tournament splashes will be complete though. A lot of changes have been made and i need some time.

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: February 24, 2009, 08:37:14 AM »
Take your time.
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #104 on: March 04, 2009, 04:00:24 PM »
FINALLY...

Deathmatch competitors are up! Check them out via the ELBITE Link!

@manmanu - I need another resend from you in order to put your bot in. I don't know what I did with the entry. It's best to PM me so I won't lose it again.

Some things I need to add:

-I uploaded the wrong bot for wham before making the splash, so I had to change the picture
-The names with the blue background are the names that are different from their previous division. In the future tournaments please be sure to name your robot the same throughout -chuckle-
-I will showcase the Deathmatch arena soon. It is very simple but it is pretty cool looking.

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #105 on: March 04, 2009, 04:04:06 PM »
why are some names blue ?
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #106 on: March 04, 2009, 05:07:00 PM »
-The names with the blue background are the names that are different from their previous division. Basically saying that it is still the same bot as the last tournament but with a different name. Avoiding any confusion.

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #107 on: March 04, 2009, 06:06:03 PM »
Depending on the arena, I think SD has a damn good shot here. Let's not forget that Inf's Haymaker's greatest weakness was the BBEANS arena itself. If in the correct arena, an S&S could be devastating.

I also love R1885 and H@ZM47's originality.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #108 on: March 05, 2009, 12:40:40 AM »
Widowmaker: Way too fast for a HS. It looks good at pinning but a pinning HS like that won't do much damage.

Punisher: It looks cool, but slow as heck and no wedge. There is worse though.

HR-E: I know it has magmotor drive and a juggler with a drive that slow will fail. There is worse though.

Equal & Opposite: Too few weapons for being a powerful VS. Plus, classic wedge and average drive won't help this.

BLEVE: It's... original ?? Probably has axle wedges, making this decent and i can't see if it has NPC or Magmotor drive. Magmotor drive will be slow as heck, and unefficient. NPC drive will make this a good VS.

Li-ewl Terrier: The only hammer. Upper striped skirt is a good idea, though the burst is really very strong for a 30kg weapon and it lacks front defense. Drive is really fast for a hammer. Able to get a few wins.

Arcarsenal: Knowing R0B0's skill and love for popups, this is probably one of the best bots here.

Skirmish 3: Has the potential to fare well, with just one really strong HS in the tourney.

The Devil's Lime 2: An all around good bot, probably the best popup here, and one of my favs to win this. Only weakness is that these skirts often lift from the ground at high speed.

Chizzle: Weak weapons and no wedge make this the weakest VS of all the tourney... although it probably can self-right and this might help.

Wegi: It might get a few wins... with the right match ups, the right arena and the right luck. Insignificant damage potential and weak flipper arms won't help this.

Epidemic: Depends of the arena, but this is one of the most dangerous opponents here.

Zapper 8.5: Another good bot. Not sure about the wedge though.

Razor III: Decently built, but these wheels are not grippy.

Spawn of Francium: If the wedge is good, then this bot might go far.

Titanium Chicken: A nice bot with good drive and the best poker in the tournament. Lack of wedge will be it's downfall..

Lion King: In my experience, horizontal sawbots don't fair well. We'll see if i'm right.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 09:41:32 AM by Naryar »

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #109 on: March 05, 2009, 01:39:58 AM »
Widowmaker: Its weapons are fairly weak for an HS, but it's drive is suitable for a rammer. It's driving will need to be perfect, or else I can see it breaking its own weapons.

Punisher: Like Bras Ouvert, expect a few yawners, and perhaps a few wins.

HR-E: It looks like a poorly cloned HazCon. That being said, if it's half the bot HazCon is, it should win a match or two.

Equal and Opposite: The two perms look like they'll have the potential to send some bots flying early on in matches, but the weaponry is too brittle for any sucess.

BLEVE: Not quite sure what CB's got going on here, but it's certainly different. It won't do as well as its TableTop counterpart.

Li-ewl Terrier: The weapon will hit hard, but not for long, with not much frontal defence, brittle weaponry, and a limited reach.

Arcarsenal: If your bot can't out-wedge Enfilad3, HazCon, and DoaM, you're in trouble.

Skirmish 3: A solid sawbot. It has one of the best-looking wedges in the tourney, but saws are pretty brittle. It should win before that becomes a major issue though.

The Devil's Lime 2: A very good popup. It's close to being great, but it's not quite there yet. It should cause many a builder a headache, though.

Chizzle: Weak weaponry, big chassis, no wedge, and exposed motors. I don't see it doing well.

Wegi: The SFTW of the tourney, in my opinion. Might be a decent enough table top bot, but anything with a weapon should beat this.

Epidemic: My favourite to win the Deathmatch. It's fast, more stable than Haymaker was, and if the arena favours it, I really don't see anything touching it.

Zapper 8.5: Very well built, but it's poorly designed. I'm not sold on the wedge, and the pop-down weapon leaves it exposed to enemies.

Razor III: Looks pretty good, except for the large wheels. If anything, they'll be this bot's downfall.

Spawn of Francium: C-L-O-N-E. Not a bad one though. It all depends on how good the wedge is...

Titanium Chicken: If it fights Punisher, I might have to kill myself out of the agony of having two pokers face off...

Lion King: Depending on the effectiveness of the Mechavore blades, it will either be quite a tough bot, or it will suck. I'm leaning towards the fact that it will be quite tough.

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #110 on: March 05, 2009, 07:06:26 AM »
Ummm lion king was my king of the hill entry...

you know.. lion king of the kill...

and grim reaper was my deathmatch...

you know.. grim reaper... death...

Offline philetbabe

• Rep: 2
  • Drop D
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #111 on: March 05, 2009, 08:19:06 AM »
Widowmaker: i do not believe much in this spinning swords, a good speed , big wedge and this bar on their middle -> perhaps all of this may reverse a bot.

Punisher: the attachement seems very light,  will it be a special whipper ? if yes, may does damage

HR-E: i've seen this before... but where ? , its brother have done very good results, so why not this one ?

Equal & Opposite: i agree with Nar : 'Too few weapons for being a powerful VS', anyway, may turn very quickly, good opponent

BLEVE:Click is something like the Leonard Da Vinci of RA2 : his inventions seems always crazy but in few decades pepoles will reconize the genious behind.

Li-ewl Terrier: many of its adversary lack of top defense, so this bot may be deadly

Arcarsenal: enfilad brother ? here again a clone of a bot that have prove its effectivness, bad luck for the others

Skirmish 3: Nar does many bots and takes time to test them, here again a potential winner

The Devil's Lime 2:  but why are there some many good bots !

Chizzle: i like the paint job, one of the best here,  but i do not really get the spinning spirit behind those vertical motor, i guess few stability troubles

Wegi: if quick may drop other bots out the arena... but not all of them i think.

Epidemic: i do not trust too wide whipper for they tend to be stuck in a corner . But, as long as it stand in the middle of the arena, this one may be unfriendly

Zapper 8.5: I found Reier have been one of the most quick learning builder on this forum. here again a good bot.

Razor III: Hey Mom, Hey Dad, it's mine here !

Spawn of Francium:  I like the name, i'm scared the bot

Titanium Chicken: hammers monnted on piston, i know a little about those horrors, this one is well-side protected

Grim repear: look like a nasty little thing : quick and compact, yuck !
« Last Edit: March 06, 2009, 01:06:05 PM by philetbabe »

Offline MetalikVyper

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #112 on: March 05, 2009, 01:13:50 PM »
well im officially screwed but thanks for your positive comments on my bots! good luck evrey1 :)
I blame physics.

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #113 on: March 05, 2009, 01:32:15 PM »
Sage I apologize... I will change it to grim reaper. Thanks for your patience.

Edit: Change is complete, That did make a lot of sense sage. I took the incorrect screenshot. Again I'm sorry.

EDIT: Adding manmanu.. @manmanu - The Uploader is ready for you.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2009, 03:28:34 PM by Gigafrost »

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #114 on: March 05, 2009, 03:20:31 PM »
no problem giga... i just thought i was being clever. guess i didnt make it clear.

Offline Condor33

• Super Heavyweight
  • Alpha One
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #115 on: March 05, 2009, 06:06:05 PM »
You know, Sage, two Perm 80s are TOO POWERFUL for a MW drum.

On the other hand: BLEVE still scares me. I think Click knows something we don't
Avoid the beam and you won't get hit!

Clash Cubes 2 Grand Champion--Xenophobik Resurrektion
Winner of the RAW favorite bot award--Humdrums

Offline Sage

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #116 on: March 05, 2009, 07:18:13 PM »
Quote from: Condor33;30292
You know, Sage, two Perm 80s are TOO POWERFUL for a MW drum.

On the other hand: BLEVE still scares me. I think Click knows something we don't

oh i know. my bots suck in this tourney. i built them quickly, cause personally i dont like DSL as much.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #117 on: March 06, 2009, 12:34:47 AM »
Quote from: Condor33;30292
You know, Sage, two Perm 80s are TOO POWERFUL for a MW drum

That works for your bot too... E&O and Grim Reaper have both Perm 80's and roughly the same weight into their weapons.

Grim Reaper's main problem is poor wedges.

Offline man manu

• Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #118 on: March 07, 2009, 08:02:46 AM »
Erm Giga. Either the uploader didnt work or i sent each bot about 500 times each. I clicked upload and nothing happened. Sorry for the fuss.
Son of a fat bold guy!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
http://roundy99.mybrute.com

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #119 on: March 07, 2009, 09:41:36 AM »
Are you serious?? I sent myself an entry and it worked fine. Are you sending it in .rar or .zip format? It will not accept any other format. if all else fails, email me the entry asap.

The Deathmatch tournament has been revealed. It's basically a reskin of the DSL Tourney, but with a more intense skin.

This of course means that you could fall out into elimination, and the cameras have been "bugged" according to the combat arena's standards, in order to take better videos.