Author Topic: Banter Wars Series 2!  (Read 15257 times)

Offline RedSawn

• aka RedlineM203
  • Rep: 4
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Banter Wars Series 2!
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2016, 02:56:59 PM »
Based on the recent heat and the performance of my robot (which was edited heavily without my knowledge or consent), I believe that AHOG has no intention of running a "fair and balanced" competition. If that's what you signed up for, prepare to be disappointed.

While it's clear what you built is still far beyond the competition (We're thinking true N00B WARZ here) and would require toning down, if what you say is true that's a total faux pas.

Look Badnik... I'm sure you may feel like you've been rudely kicked out of the competition, but the fact of the matter is that you lost, we all loose a lot of things, I'm sure you've lost your fair share of GTM tournaments, we improve our robots by failing and seeing what went wrong, granted that the Observabot was being unfair pushing you around when it should be unbias, but if you look around at other sports, there is always one mistake or one bias ref/judge that screws the potential of someone or a team that could have surely won it! Maybe if you add a srimech to it next year it could probably be a lot better and when the Observabot tries pushing your robot around and if it makes a mistake you can correct yourself and then go and attack it. Mabye ask AHOG for a grudge match in 2.5 should you chose to compete again, still was fun to see you knock Spyder's Lights out and Take out most of Facicious Goose's weapon ;)

You've missed the point. If his entry was tampered with then all of that doesn't matter.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: October 14, 2016, 03:06:21 PM »
but if you look around at other sports, there is always one mistake or one bias ref/judge that screws the potential of someone or a team that could have surely won it!
Give me a good example of when that happened and there wasn't a re-do/public outcry. Also, in this situation, it would be like the ref breaking a competitor's leg. Seems fair to me

Offline Doodle2411

• GTM's Resident Fish Lord (still trying to get my first rep point)
  • Antweight
  • Rep: 1
  • Do people even remember who I am? XD
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: October 14, 2016, 03:20:57 PM »
 the controversial third goal awarded to England in the 1966 World cup, that was contriversal and wasn't reset, and I can understand why Badnik is upset yugitom but I don't understand why he has to slate AHOG in the process when this is clearly just a big misunderstanding that has been over exaggerated, if I'm being perfectly honest it was unfair but the fact is he lost, if AHOG did change it without Badniks acknowledgement that is worng but I think if AHOG thought it was too op after he responded to Badnik and needed to change it, he is perfectly in his rights to do so , it is his series after all and he has 63 other competitors on top of Badnik so there are bound to be a few mistakes with a project this large.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: October 14, 2016, 03:22:01 PM »
I'm fairly certain badnik could not give less of a sh** about if he won banter wars or not. Editing someone's robot without their consent then displaying that robot in your tournament in its sh**tified state is incredibly rude and dishonest, not least because it makes badnik look like a worse builder than he is. On top of all that, badnik explicitly asked if his robot was too powerful, and AHOG said that it wasn't and that it did not need editing.

This wasn't a misunderstanding, this was a deliberate attempt by AHOG to sabotage badnik's bot for whatever reason, both by editing his bot (making one disc spin the opposite way, then removing a battery) and using the observer bot to screw over badnik multiple times, neither of which can be considered an accident. It was not a mistake at all, it was very deliberate.
but I think if AHOG thought it was too op after he responded to Badnik and needed to change it, he is perfectly in his rights to do so
No he is not, if he thought the bot was OP he should have rejected it from signups or asked badnik himself to tone it down. Again, badnik explicitly asked AHOG if his bot needed editing to make it less powerful, and AHOG said that it did not.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline AHeapOfGames

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2016, 03:29:47 PM »
Let me make this clear:

The mistake was an oversight on my part, not a deliberate attempt to rig the competition.

I made a point to contact people when editing their robots. If you ask other creators, they will confirm this. However, something obviously went wrong somewhere in one of my production sprees and Badnik wasn't contacted. I apologise for that, but I can't chang that now.

The robot was still functional and actually beat the heat favourite and got through to the heat final. In testing it did extraordinarily well and destroyed most of the competition. Nothing happened that made me suspicious. So when it came to filming the heat, I wasn't surprised when it made it through to the heat final. I was surprised when it died in the final, but by that point I was convinced that the robot was functional.

Badnik made some observations, and due to that I went back over my files and noticed the mistakes.

This is by no means that worst mistake either. Spunkly and Rex Tano had their robots swapped and I didn't realise until late on when Rex Tano sent me his intro wondering why his robot was a Pikachu head. Did he complain about rigging? No. He sees the show as what it is: My hobby, which I've decided to put up for people to see.

So, please, don't take my mistake and try to turn people against this show. I've worked my ass off for nine months creating this and I'd hate for it to die because somebody took it far too seriously.

Thank you.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #25 on: October 14, 2016, 03:35:58 PM »
Mixing up 2 bots is an honest mistake which I don't think most people would mind at all. Sabotaging an entrant is really not a mistake, especially when (according to badnik) you were asked if the robot needed to be toned down and you responded that it did not.

Offline Doodle2411

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: October 14, 2016, 03:37:38 PM »
OK Badger now I think your over exaggerating, I'm sure AHOG didn't intend for Badnik to look bad or deliberately sabotage him, it wasn't like the whole thing was planned, if AHOG were to edit my robot or any others without their consent I know that it would be for the greater good of the series and I wouldn't mind, even if it does make me look bad, Banter Wars is about fun, not winning, and its mainly for YouTubers, besides half the robots go out in the first round anyway, and it doesn't make anyone look bad since everyone gets exposure in their own way whether they be on youtube, GTM, Twitter or Reddit, that was the purpose of the show, not to win! I think some are taking it too seriously

Offline AHeapOfGames

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: October 14, 2016, 03:40:09 PM »
I'm fairly certain badnik could not give less of a sh** about if he won banter wars or not. Editing someone's robot without their consent then displaying that robot in your tournament in its sh**tified state is incredibly rude and dishonest, not least because it makes badnik look like a worse builder than he is. On top of all that, badnik explicitly asked if his robot was too powerful, and AHOG said that it wasn't and that it did not need editing.

This wasn't a misunderstanding, this was a deliberate attempt by AHOG to sabotage badnik's bot for whatever reason, both by editing his bot (making one disc spin the opposite way, then removing a battery) and using the observer bot to screw over badnik multiple times, neither of which can be considered an accident. It was not a mistake at all, it was very deliberate.

No he is not, if he thought the bot was OP he should have rejected it from signups or asked badnik himself to tone it down. Again, badnik explicitly asked AHOG if his bot needed editing to make it less powerful, and AHOG said that it did not.

I did not intend to edit his robot without consent. I made an error somewhere! It was not deliberate.

His robot got to the Heat Final and beat the Heat favourite... That's a pretty good performance to me! Plus, most of my audience have never heard of RA2, mor do they even care if Badnik makes a good robot or not.

Maybe this was my mistake: When I took in robots, I would put it through initial testing and come to a decision from that. Instead of telling THEM to edit the robot, I offered to do it for them with their permission. In hindsight, maybe that wasn't the best idea. I don't know you people, and there were times where I got peoples' names and robots mixed up. Obviously, Boomslang got mixed up with something, somehow, and the ovesight occurred.

If one of you did a project as big as this one in the future, I'll make sure to harrass you for any mistake you make and try to ruin the whole project. How does that sound?

Offline Doodle2411

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: October 14, 2016, 03:42:49 PM »
Sounds Pretty good to me AHOG

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2016, 03:43:31 PM »
This is by no means that worst mistake either. Spunkly and Rex Tano had their robots swapped and I didn't realise until late on when Rex Tano sent me his intro wondering why his robot was a Pikachu head. Did he complain about rigging? No. He sees the show as what it is: My hobby, which I've decided to put up for people to see.
What? I think accidentally editing Badnik's bot is a bit worse than swapping intros of robots. They didn't say it was 'rigged' because you didn't 'rig' it, it was a simple mistake which anyone could have made. However, deleting a battery and making Badnik's weapon spin downwards, not sure if that's a simple mistake which anyone could have made.

In testing it did extraordinarily well and destroyed most of the competition. Nothing happened that made me suspicious.
>the weapon spin downwards when, in the bot lab, it spins upwards
yep, nothing at all suspicious, I bet

If one of you did a project as big as this one in the future, I'll make sure to harrass you for any mistake you make and try to ruin the whole project. How does that sound?
I challenge you to do that, tbh

Offline botomatic1000

• Captain of Kings Heath Colliders robotics
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Still a Furfag
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Kings Heath Colliders robotics
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #30 on: October 14, 2016, 03:52:06 PM »
Awww precious little Badnik went out let's complain about how Adam sabotaged it XD
And Badger of you think AHOG would deliberately sabotage it than you're bloody stupid.
Badnik has over reacted a bit over a damm mistake and you still have more wins than losses do you think I give a toss if OA3 gets beat or AI'd wrong? No I don't. Of course I get GTM being biased in the argument as Badniks a pretty respectable bloke and I understand his anger but it's honestly just b****ing about a slight mistake.
3rd and 4th in The ZONE with Penance and Blue Wolf
3rd in the Robogames Beetleweight bracket with Icklemandra

Offline Doodle2411

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: October 14, 2016, 03:53:26 PM »
True Dat Boto and TBH yugitom, he probably would, and trust me when i say he doesn't take any s**t when people try and ruin something he's worked nearly a year on, thats like me ruining a GTM competition by complaining about every tiny little detail that didn't look correct or was unfair, I'm pretty sure AHOG has plenty of matches that he's had to reset cause of a game glitch or an event that ruined the whole match. Just because the one in the video "looks bias" to you GTM users doesn't mean it will look unfair in someone elses and the Observabot correcting the mistake in my opinion is being fair to the robot in trouble.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: October 14, 2016, 03:56:53 PM »
thats like me ruining a GTM competition by complaining about every tiny little detail that didn't look correct or was unfair
Thing is in GTM tournaments we don't have unfair stuff like this.
There's one about to start actually. Please, PLEASE do this.

Offline Doodle2411

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: October 14, 2016, 03:57:59 PM »
Like I just Stated Badger, He probably would aswell, if he could find it that is

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: October 14, 2016, 03:58:49 PM »
drama is so funni xd

Offline botomatic1000

• Heavyweight
  • Still a Furfag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: October 14, 2016, 04:00:21 PM »
Now I agree that Adams arguments are vague to and some more caution could have been took when editing it

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2016, 04:11:25 PM »
Just because the one in the video "looks bias" to you GTM users doesn't mean it will look unfair in someone elses and the Observabot correcting the mistake in my opinion is being fair to the robot in trouble.
So, that one point when the Observer bot was ramming Badnik's bot across the wall, it was being fair to it as it was in trouble. Righto, gotcha *cough*

Why address us as GTM users and say that other demographics wouldn't find a problem with it? The only reason we care is because we actually know that isn't how Badnik's bot was meant to function. In fact, now thew issue has been brought up, even someone from outside GTM would complain.

Btw, now that I know that AHOG has recorded the whole thing, I'm not asking for the match to be re-done. However, I would like you to not use the fact that you were overwhelmed by the amount of entrants as an excuse for anything. You've admitted that you have tested Badnik's bot against a vast array of bots, yet you didn't notice Badnik's weapon was spinning in the wrong way? To me, you either didn't actually test his bot, you are a moron, or you actually rigged the competition. Missing the fact that his main (and only) weapon spins the wrong way is not a simple oversight, unless you're the builders of Plan X. In fact, someone else must've had to have had their spinners be edited and a battery be removed for it to even happen to Badnik. So, you've even cocked up whoever's entry that was, as well, as you didn't make the edit you deemed necessary for it to compete. I simply ask that you change your tournament hosting practice, from now on, and let the entrants do every single bit of the editing of their bot, even if it is minor. Staying organised is not hard. You didn't receive entries in one massive lump, you had ample time to put entries you received in folders, write down the names of bots and builders that you need to contact, or whatever you needed to do.

thats like me ruining a GTM competition by complaining about every tiny little detail that didn't look correct or was unfair
Thing is in GTM tournaments we don't have unfair stuff like this.
There's one about to start actually. Please, PLEASE do this.
I wholeheartedly agree with this. You'll find it difficult to nitpick a GTM tournament because we host them right (well, most of us do :P).

drama is so funni xd
Gotta love it ;)

Offline botomatic1000

• Heavyweight
  • Still a Furfag
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2016, 04:33:03 PM »
I think Jim put it best it's just a bloody game you all take too seriously does BadWolf care that he went out in the first round? Funnily enough he doesn't because he's not a whiny little b*** that likes to get a who'll forum against people.

I can guarantee more effort was put into Spyer than Boomslang I mean the thing was made the same year RA2 came out and has gone through many adjustments and redeseigns

Offline Doodle2411

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2016, 04:35:45 PM »
I totally agree with AHOG, Boto and Jim on this one, GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!!!!

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2016, 04:37:48 PM »
Its just a game is a retarded reductionist argument