Author Topic: HurricaneAndrew's Showcase  (Read 11402 times)

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
HurricaneAndrew's Showcase
« on: June 08, 2009, 07:38:30 PM »
I have had alot of you guys telling me that I needed to start a showcase, so here it is...

This first bot, I call my stock bot, because it's only good against the stock AI.

Name:  "HurricaneAndrew"
Weight Class:  Heavyweight @ 795.1 kg
Armor:  Titanium
Weaponry: 10-120 cm Burst Pistons with Razor Tips
Powertrain: 4-Z-Tek HP Motors attached to N-12 Wheels
Power: 2-SuperVolt 12 Volt Batteries and a 2-Co2 Tanks
Stats: Unknown
Fastest Kill: 14.73 seconds
6-8-09 ha1.jpg
6-8-09 ha2.jpg
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 07:47:54 PM by HurricaneAndrew »

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2009, 07:42:06 PM »
That reminds me of a bot on youtube... interesting...
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline takatsukiyayoi

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2009, 07:44:30 PM »
Too many pistons, you could probably only ever need to use one or two. With the weight saved from fewer pistons you could put more razors and get moar damage out of your weapons. Be warned, this will create a lot of empty space, so you should do a chassis rebuild to minimize the weight even more. Also, you should use Shiny Hub wheels or the Rubber wheels, since these are the lightest two wheels you can get.
Also, DSA. (Never touch the Armor tab... at this point only possible with chassis rebuild?)

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 07:56:09 PM »
Well I assure you, it is MY PERSONAL DESIGN. It has been built, and rebuilt several times by my self. And the only way it would be on YouTube is if when I did a few online battles a few years back, someone else recorded it.

It sounds to me like you're saying i need to build a lightweight or middleweight. Not going to happen, because I like big, heavy robots that pack a big punch. That design in particular has knocked out a stock heavyweight in a single hit. I have also built (and scrapped) a few lightweights and middleweights that work on the same principle.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 08:09:58 PM »
This robot is a quick rebuild of the "Coal Miner" stock bot, the chassis is the same, but everything else is different.

Name: "X-Para Mental"
Weight Class: Heavyweight @ 797.3 kg
Armor: Titanium
Weaponry: 6-120 cm Burst Pistons with Razor Tips and 2-100 cm Burst Pistons with Razor Tips
Powertrain: 2-Z-Tek HP Motors attached to N-12 Wheels
Power:  Nifty 6 Volt Battery and Small Battery Pack
Stats: 1 Event win against Starcore v3 AI pack
Fastest Kill: Unknown
6-8-09 ss1 copy.jpg
6-8-09 ss2.jpg
6-8-09 ss3.jpg

Offline takatsukiyayoi

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 08:19:27 PM »
No, what I'm saying is, that that's a lot of pistons, which means lots of wasted weight you could use for your HW for even more razors/spikes, which means an even bigger punch. I'm not really suggesting you build an MW or LW, but all I'd like to see you do is make the chassis of your bots a bit tighter and use less pistons and more weapons on the pistons.

Please don't take my comment personally.

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 08:23:57 PM »
If you want to build better bots, you should take advice from other people around here.

The reason you need to have a smaller chassis and less pistons is because you can put a whole lot more weapons on the pistons while having the same pushing power.

Take a look at this bot:

This has more wheels and weapons than yours, and your bot is already as heavy as this.

[Edit] Durnit. Yayoi's faster.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2009, 08:28:15 PM »
I'm guessing I don't understand what you are saying. What do you mean by I could have more on one piston?

Offline takatsukiyayoi

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2009, 08:30:06 PM »
The extenders can be connected together onto the pistons for moar weapon damage.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 08, 2009, 08:33:38 PM »
Oh, I see now. I'm always afraid that the main connector will break and I'll lose all my weapons.

Offline takatsukiyayoi

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 08, 2009, 08:35:23 PM »
Not as bad as a pop-up going under one's bot and KO'ing it with only a single hit.

Offline Pwnator

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2009, 08:46:04 PM »
If you're scared of the T connector falling off, you can use 4 pistons with 2 side-by-side, protecting each other's extenders. I'm too lazy to look for a better example, so here's mine for now. :D

You can use the pause glitch (pause the game while the piston is extended) to attach the spikes. :D

Oh yeah! *facepalm* I forgot to tell you that the only good wheels in RA2 are shinies, rubbers and grannies.
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)

Offline takatsukiyayoi

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2009, 08:47:58 PM »
@ Pwnator : You know you've built the chassis too high when you have to resort to "Grannies" to become invertible...

Offline Pwnator

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2009, 08:53:07 PM »
I know. But I'm just saying that those 3 wheels are the only good ones in stock. :P

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2009, 09:28:53 PM »
Anyone got anything to say about "X-Para Mental"?

Offline tankcat

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2009, 10:46:23 PM »
Quote from: HurricaneAndrew;43194

First off, I think you should take a look here: http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm

No one will even consider taking your bots seriously until you learn the more advanced aspects of ra2.

For your quote unquote "bot" X-Para Mental, I see more things wrong with this bot than right.

First off, never use N-12 wheels. These are literally the worst wheels in the game next to Narrow Wheels. Despite apparent "cosmetic appeal", The only wheels you should use are shiny hubcap wheels.

Also, I notice that you have your ram plates attached to extenders that wrap around your chassis, which wastes literally about 30kg and doesn't do anything to make your bot better. You have also wasted around 10% of your chassis room, and you should never use pink batteries in a HW bot.

Once again, I strongly suggest you go to http://beetlebros.gametechmods.com/ra2techs.htm

Before posting a bot showcase. Most of the veterans here rip apart newbies who haven't taken the time to research the forum, let alone learn the most basic techniques on their own.

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2009, 10:50:48 PM »
Quote from: HurricaneAndrew;43194

Well, the others have already told you about having too many pistons, that applies to X as well.  That ram plate on top will do you no good at all since it's attached to a breakable extender.  I don't know why you've got thse extenders going around the back; as I said before, extenders are quite fragile and I guess you're trying to use them as armor, but trust me, they won't contribute anything.

Offline moonbear

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2009, 10:54:19 PM »
Dude, your first bot is an overly large box with wheels, ect. I promise you, it is not of your own design... Also you claim one hit kills with your first bot, but your fastest kill is over 14 secs after the match begins.... ok.
Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness!
         You have relieved me in my distress;
         Have mercy on me, and hear my prayer.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2009, 10:58:25 PM »
ok I dont think it has been said so ill jump in

DSA - double strength aluminium

it is as strong as steel armour but as light as aluminium (aka the best armour in the game) to get it simply skip the Armour button all together (yep that’s right don’t push it at all) and your bot will automatically gain DSA

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2009, 11:48:40 PM »
Tankcat: I don't expect to be taken seriously at this point. The "X-Para Mental" bot was, as the name suggests, experimental and was never intended to fight at a competeive level, in fact it has already been scrapped. It was quickly thrown together using the "Coal Miner" chassis for fun.

As far as the N-12 wheels, I have been told that and will stop using them, thank you for your advice.

And the Ram Plates... if you look closely, they are not attached to the extenders they have Baseplate Anchors. Well ok, the top one is, but it was due to lack of room in the "Coal Miner" chassis. The extenders were put there before I added the top Ram plates, thinking they would keep the robot from landing on its sides or back.

And yes the pink batteries are a waste of room.

And about your last comment there, it was veterans who told me to make a showcase in the first place.

Sonny_Resetti: Refer to my statement to Tankcat.

moonbear:  Are you trying to say that I have the balls to steal another builders design and claim that it is my own? There may be others similar to it, but I built it and it is MINE.

And also, I said the design has had several one hit kills. Plus, that is the only recorded kill time I had. And I have had to rebuild it from memory several times due to computer crashes and no memory back up. Each time I had to do that, the design changed a little. That one is just the latest variation, and it is far from perfect, or even being as good as it once was.

JoeBlo: Thanks for the tip. I will remeber that.