Author Topic: Gaz's Garage  (Read 99903 times)

Offline Urjak

• Rep: 6
  • Shell Spinner King
    • http://www.youtube.com/wa
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Gazea2's Stock Bot Bananza!
« Reply #760 on: September 01, 2011, 12:35:58 PM »
One annoying thing I do notice is that Inf seems to get a free pass when talking to people rudely and unhelpfully. If some n00b had just said what Inf says, then they probably would have gotten flamed. Yet when Inf says it, its called "helping." Just an observation.
Any comments would be appreciated. :D

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #761 on: September 01, 2011, 12:38:58 PM »
Mostly because when a Noob says something like that they have no idea what they are talking about. It's a difference between veteran and newbie, not an Inf and newbie.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #762 on: September 01, 2011, 12:49:48 PM »
Mostly because when a Noob says something like that they have no idea what they are talking about. It's a difference between veteran and newbie, not an Inf and newbie.

They'll also get flamed because people sense that the n00b in being a jerk in their replies. Inf seems immune to this, even though his comments are often very mean and unhelpful (not much in this particular showcase, but others).

Offline Sage

• RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #763 on: September 01, 2011, 01:28:14 PM »

They'll also get flamed because people sense that the n00b in being a jerk in their replies. Inf seems immune to this, even though his comments are often very mean and unhelpful (not much in this particular showcase, but others).

worked out fine for me.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline smashysmashy

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #764 on: September 01, 2011, 03:48:47 PM »
Inf, this is a showcase.People make bots to show.Simple.And they can build the damn way they bloody like.Oh hi thar thyrus.
If he likes to buil-nah, if ANYONE decides to build even ONE bot different to your way you start flaming on them.Just accept the fact some people like to build different ways to you and your "perfection".And why the heck do i not see you flameing clickbeetle(Ice Pheonix)
Thyrus(Pretty much every bot hes made) and infact EVERY PERSON WHO ENTERED BLADES OF FURY.So gaz can do what he likes with his bots.

IIRC infinite has never flamed me. Perfection is a great thing; you don't like it because you will never achieve it. You should really go out and buy some sense. Oh and please get some tampons while you're at it... it seems like it's your time of the month again.

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #765 on: September 02, 2011, 09:13:32 AM »
Where on earth was I a jerk? mean? Or unhelpful?

I'm brutally honest. That's it. If you can't stomach reality or my honesty, then seriously, gtfo. this is an online forum. Not a middle school lunch table. If anyone is bringing their "feelings" to this online setting, then something is seriously wrong with their perspective of emotion and interaction.

Urjak, you can't even pinpoint a time in the past month whe I have done any of the things you have just described. So please do not mess with me...there is no where in forum history wher I have acted based upon some belief that I have some "free pass" that seems to be a figment of your imagination. Developing stock builders is what I do (Are you going to tell me that Sage and SD arent some of the top tier builders right now?). Go back to DSL and do your thing there.

Avalanche is a moron. We all know this...so I'm not a by saying it. It's the truth, and I have a hard time believing anyone accepting a different POV.

I'm here to HELP. Gaz is just another noob to add to the list who chooses to cry rather than further his skills.

So END this discussion. Anything more is spam and will be cleaned because this joke of a debate has gone on way too long as is.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #766 on: September 02, 2011, 09:46:04 AM »
Right, looking back at yesterday... I was acting like an idiot. Just forget it. Sorry inf. Just one thing: I do want to further my skills. That's the reason why I continue to post bots. So, any advice on how I can make them less sloppy?

Offline nightcracker

• Rep: 7
  • Script kiddo
    • View Profile
    • NC Labs
    • Awards
« Reply #767 on: September 02, 2011, 09:57:26 AM »
Gazea2, sorry to spam your showcase, but would you please send your bot for our rumble to That Robot Is A Spy today? Thanks.

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #768 on: September 02, 2011, 10:04:31 AM »
Urjak, you can't even pinpoint a time in the past month whe I have done any of the things you have just described. So please do not mess with me...there is no where in forum history wher I have acted based upon some belief that I have some "free pass" that seems to be a figment of your imagination. Developing stock builders is what I do (Are you going to tell me that Sage and SD arent some of the top tier builders right now?). Go back to DSL and do your thing there.

There is no better teacher than I, you tool bags.

Wakkydude, I'll leave your showcase forever. Screw you and your "awesome" bot building abilities.
No, Robo, see...They dont care either way. These n00bs are hopeless.
Like I said...you need help...because you are retarded if you don't catch my drift.

You wanted examples, I'll post them. Now I admit these are not recent, and you do seem to have toned down a bit, but these were in people's showcases, and had most any other member posted things like that, they would have gotten flamed and Naryar easily could have deleted it as spam. Posts in showcases are supposed to be constructive, or at least help the showcaser. I am not denying that you give great advice, I am simply saying you get away with posts other members would not be able to. I don't think YOU ever necessarily posted thinking you had a free pass, but other members are not quick to flame you like they would a n00b in the same situation.

I do however agree that this discussion should not be continued in Gazea's showcase (or maybe continue at all). I would appreciate it if you did not delete this post, simply because I am defending my position.

Offline infiniteinertia

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #769 on: September 02, 2011, 10:12:44 AM »
And I will defend every one of those posts to the death because I know exactly who's showcase you pulled that from. And it was only because I was disrespected by some blithering moron with no sense of logic that I said those things because they were completely applicable. Feel free to defend Wakkydude,or avalanche, or SotG, or Garvin or anyone of those morons. But those are the people I have problems with and I WILL be disrespectful to if I feel necessary because they have no sense of respect...or anything sensible really.
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement

Offline nightcracker

• Rep: 7
  • Script kiddo
    • View Profile
    • NC Labs
    • Awards
« Reply #770 on: September 02, 2011, 10:17:12 AM »
Urjak, I know infiniteinertia a bit better and more personal than you, and this is what I think of this case. Inf is an intelligent person that can build bots well and likes to help people. But I can understand how frustating it is when you are helping that people they tell you they know it better, that people tell you to go GTFO because they are already good and that people don't understand what you are saying. It's like giving a dollar to a drunk homeless guy on the street and he says GTFO that dollar is fake, everyone knows they are red (not saying you guys are homeless drunks).

Infiniteinertia can be (like me), a bit blunt at times. Instead of saying "you might need to angle those wedges a bit" he says "those wedges are bad, angle them". I think this is wrongly seen as offensive, it's just advice packaged in a no-nonsense wrapper.

Offline Urjak

• Shell Spinner King
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #771 on: September 02, 2011, 10:18:08 AM »
And I will defend every one of those posts to the death because I know exactly who's showcase you pulled that from. And it was only because I was disrespected by some blithering moron with no sense of logic that I said those things because they were completely applicable. Feel free to defend Wakkydude,or avalanche, or SotG, or Garvin or anyone of those morons. But those are the people I have problems with and I WILL be disrespectful to if I feel necessary because they have no sense of respect...or anything sensible really.

We could dissect and argue about those posts, but I do not want to do this in Gazea's showcase so I will cease this discussion. I do believe my point stands and those above quotes were evidence, however everyone is free to decide for themselves whether those comments were warranted. I hope this has not made me an enemy of yours, for I do respect the advice you give and your bot building ability.

Offline smashysmashy

• Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #772 on: September 02, 2011, 10:22:29 AM »

Agree totally. However ill stick up for Garvin; he hasn't been too bad recently and he is trying to improve his bot building.

Now back to something a bit more relevant. Gaz, I like your LW hammer, much better than the one ive been trying to build. I like it.

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • Rep: 4
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I don’t care
« Reply #773 on: September 02, 2011, 12:29:29 PM »
I'm brutally honest.
And thats why you became a mod  :gawe:

this is an online forum. Not a middle school lunch table.
Awww.... But today they are serving tater-tots...

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #774 on: September 19, 2011, 11:45:40 AM »

Don't have time to put the weapons on the DDTs + it needs a re-build as the snapper is one notch further back than the other, making the wamming rack un-even. Will probably work better as a true popup because of how high the DDTs are.

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #775 on: September 19, 2011, 11:49:09 AM »
Ramplates.... It burns... X_X

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #776 on: September 19, 2011, 11:53:34 AM »
Comments on bot plz

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #777 on: September 19, 2011, 11:57:23 AM »
Needs wedges. That's all.

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #778 on: September 19, 2011, 12:00:34 PM »
I don't have time to put them on. I mean, comments on the design of the bot etc.

Offline NFX

• SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #779 on: September 19, 2011, 12:38:22 PM »
I'd try and slant the rear stabiliser things as much as you can, personally. Maybe you could add some casters, or perhaps strengthen the wamming rack.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser