Author Topic: G.K.'s Stock Showcase  (Read 42432 times)

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: G.K.'s Stock Showcase
« Reply #340 on: August 01, 2015, 02:55:19 PM »
shoulda gone medium rare
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #341 on: August 01, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »
I did consider blue
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #342 on: August 02, 2015, 11:53:31 AM »
Right, 3 serious bots incoming:

Firstly, a companion to my old shallow MW popup Gicquel, which totally isn't a knockoff of Mr. AS' BW popup. This one has the first name of that football manager player, Gabin.

Took loads of snapper loading and an ASAS snapper/black stack. 20kg of ballast because I didn't have weight for another black and rubbers don't touch the ground. However, I can't really test it in fighting because like Clasiscally Trained Failure one of the weapon motors rupts... Anyone got any ideas for how to prevent this? Weapon snappers currently mounted on secret AP of wedge SII's.

Also I think the wedges are too long but I'll worry about that if I'm able to get the bot fighting.

Then, I downsized my LW rammer Prod to a BW, meet Ickle Prod:

Obviously lack of weapons is the big downside, but I've sacrificed weapons for armour. Also, I can't really see any way of losing the .5kg I need for a 3rd mace instead of a 3rd pink - I can mount it on the SII's axle. Prolly should raise the casters by 1 click tho, they're the lower ones on the LW which I haven't moved even though they're the only casters on the BW.

Also made a second version of Vertical Terrors:

This version is more damaging because of the focused weapons but that's about the only positive it has. Compared to the other version, the wedges are ripped off more easily, the chassis is damaged more easily, the wheels are ripped off more easily and it's just less stable.

If anyone has any suggestions for its issues I'd be very greatful. Preferably they won't involve me having to do those ASAS Baseplate Anchor/DDT stacks again, which were horrible.
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)