Author Topic: Old forum fixed?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Old forum fixed?
« on: June 11, 2008, 10:28:30 PM »
i just went to see the old forum for nostalgia, and it seems now to be just as fast as this one. im missing the old days when someone could post a bot and other people could actually comment. (i have gotten only 3 or less comments for each new bot, whatever it is. i mean, i have 3 new bots on the same page :()

is this game dieing, or is everyone just finishing school, or what? is it that people left when the old forum died? it just doesn't seem that anyones that enthusiastic anymore. all the tournaments of recent suddenly stop, there are more posts in flame wars than most other, more important threads. starcore is MIA, leaving his pack unfinished (i would be willing to help finish it with some other people, as sort of a tribute).

why are people still posting on the old forum?
and why are there almost no new showcases or people?
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Old forum fixed?
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 04:39:42 AM »
Yea. I noticed that GTM is slowing down too. Agreed, I do want to see new showcases.

There was a rush of the old forum users (You, Inf, Psy...) to Gametechmods, it lasted one week, and started some days after Atari deleted the Stock part of the forum. For a while. But even if it is dead, it is the official forum and people are still posting on it precisely because it is.

This rush is now finished, and I do believe some people just don't like Gametechmods or don't want to swap forums. You certainly know, when a community moves to an old forum to another, some do not.

Goose's idea of redirecting there wasn't that bad, perhaps. Or perhaps doing some more GTMs ads on the official forum...

Offline Sage

• Rep: 11
  • RA2 Wizard & GTM's Favorite Stock Builder 2015
  • Awards Sage's Favorite BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Old forum fixed?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 08:25:41 AM »
the reason we got so many new people is because Robot Arena site had a link to the old forums. if we redirected again, those new people could find this site.
You got my vote for RA2 Wizard. Always and forever.

Offline ACAMS

Old forum fixed?
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 12:51:52 PM »
Well they are down again and a redirect doesn't work when they are down.
I wish the official forum was dependable so we could move back, but they still go down quite often.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Old forum fixed?
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 01:44:17 PM »
Then Goose could do us a redirect there...

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Old forum fixed?
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 06:34:01 PM »
It's sad really. Hopefully with ESPN's ressurection of Battlebots, intrest in robotics will increase, and the community can be strong again.