Author Topic: ITT why Goon should be banned  (Read 14069 times)

Offline kill343gs

Re: ITT why Goon should be banned
« Reply #100 on: May 11, 2016, 09:22:33 AM »
Well this has turned into quite a mess, hasn't it?

A much bigger deal has been made of all of this than need be. This is all over one person, guys.

I know we aren't always extremely swift in dealing with significant matters, but a lot of that has to do with the fact that there's actually a good handful of us now, who all live in different time zones, work a variety of different hours, many of us are students and part of the work force, and have more going on than just GTM. And in the past month or so we've made a conscious effort to refrain from stepping on each others' toes when dealing with the little stuff, and making sure we're all on relatively the same page with the big stuff. (A lot of this having to do with how much Nary and I used to butt heads) Coordinating all of that takes a chunk of time. In this particular instance, I can take a chunk of the blame for delaying, as I've had a fairly busy 24 hours and they wanted to make sure they had my input.

I'm not sure if anybody's noticed, but I'm not really involved with the day to day operations around here much anymore, I simply don't have the time and I haven't been that involved with the community either. I'm mostly around at this point to weigh in on things behind the scenes.

My point, basically, is these things that have the ability to set a precedent going forward, we need a little time on. Give us a day or two before you start demanding results.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #101 on: May 11, 2016, 09:43:41 AM »
This thread got way out of hand, y'all can lock it if you wanna.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #102 on: May 11, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »
Well hi there.
Time to set some things straight.

Those that know me personally know everything I do for this forum, I do for it's longevity and the happiness of the userbase as a whole. It's telling to me that those who had 'less than kind' words to say about me are those who do not know me at all.
Last night was evidently not good for me. Middle of my final uni exam period, I had an exam yesterday and had been drinking. I am stressed beyond belief even without this situation; Take that as you will. I'm sorry for my reactions but I'm not apologizing for my viewpoints.

Tom; Don't even worry man. Haven't read your message as of yet but I don't need to honestly, you're a great user who wants whats best for the community, and that's exactly why we got you covering the Tournament section.

Yes, the reason I didn't want to explain the intricacies was because I wanted the staff to be agreed on it being a good idea before we posed it to you guys. If you don't think that's a suitable course of action then we have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, the staff should get the overall say in any community, so if the staff haven't fully agreed on a matter yet, it seems aimless to relay it to the community.

So yeah, back. Again.
News over the actual topic at hand in this thread will come over the next few days after we have had time to discuss at our pace.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #103 on: May 11, 2016, 04:21:55 PM »
Well hi there.
Time to set some things straight.

Those that know me personally know everything I do for this forum, I do for it's longevity and the happiness of the userbase as a whole. It's telling to me that those who had 'less than kind' words to say about me are those who do not know me at all.
Last night was evidently not good for me. Middle of my final uni exam period, I had an exam yesterday and had been drinking. I am stressed beyond belief even without this situation; Take that as you will. I'm sorry for my reactions but I'm not apologizing for my viewpoints.

Tom; Don't even worry man. Haven't read your message as of yet but I don't need to honestly, you're a great user who wants whats best for the community, and that's exactly why we got you covering the Tournament section.

Yes, the reason I didn't want to explain the intricacies was because I wanted the staff to be agreed on it being a good idea before we posed it to you guys. If you don't think that's a suitable course of action then we have to agree to disagree. In my opinion, the staff should get the overall say in any community, so if the staff haven't fully agreed on a matter yet, it seems aimless to relay it to the community.

So yeah, back. Again.
News over the actual topic at hand in this thread will come over the next few days after we have had time to discuss at our pace.
Thanks for giving some context. Hopefully your exams are going well.

I don't think anyone was questioning your intentions, which are clearly good.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Joelu Of Eagleland

• Supreme Dorifuto Warrior; Speed Speed Lover, Game's Not Over
  • Lightweight
  • Rep: 2
    • https://www.facebook.com/
    • Joelu Of Eagleland
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: I'M GONNA STEP ON THE GAS
« Reply #104 on: May 11, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
Last night was evidently not good for me. Middle of my final uni exam period, I had an exam yesterday and had been drinking. I am stressed beyond belief even without this situation; Take that as you will.
I honestly figured it was something along those lines (or at least something that stressed you out massively.). I was revising for a IT exam last night (which was today) and I spent 4+ hours trying to go through every possible question that could come up in the paper. Was very tired and was not in a good mood afterwards, which is why I refrained from posting in the thread in case I said something that wasn't well thought out. So I can completely understand where you're coming from.
...I can't really think of anything else I can add to that other than a thank you to Yugitom.

(Image taken from the GTPlanet forums (Gran Turismo forums) which I am actually NOT on. I'll join sometime soon, though.)
(You can find me on the Wangan Midnight Expressway forums as well as GTM: http://wmexpressway.net/index.php?showuser=10331)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tournament Stats

Entered:

Fight W/L Record: 4-5
Set W/L Record: 1-2

Offline Avalanche

• Retired.
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -34
  • Yeah, I don't know why I'm still here either.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ThePootisPower#8377
« Reply #105 on: May 12, 2016, 05:01:05 PM »
Well then. This happened.
Former DSL HW champion.
Runner-Up in The Cybernetic Colosseum HW division.
Semi-finalist in RNP: Sword of Glory.
Robogames 1 BW Runner-up.
Professional cunt.
Man of a thousand alt accounts.