Author Topic: Manchester 2016 event  (Read 2122 times)

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Manchester 2016 event
« on: April 25, 2016, 07:21:24 AM »
So after having a fantastic weekend at robot wars Manchester 2016 after seeing all fights for both days I didn't record the results for the first day but did for the second, i've got lots of pictures and videos. The most interesting event was the second of the first day due to the crowd chanting PIT! PIT! PIT! at anyone who walked past or at all of the special guests (R2D2, Irontron and O-llie). A lot of the robots were definitely struggling towards the end of the second day but that was expected. I had a great chat with Team Beast John mainly. I have got over a hundred pics from the event and 21 videos. Only got to do 1 VIP event but it was fantastic would definitely do it again and ended up buying all of the merchandise I could besides a battle ant. On day 1 in the final fight between Ripper and Eruption Ripper threw Eruption out in 5 seconds.

Results
Day 2 event 1

Match 1: Eric vs Garbiel vs Toon Raider vs Thunderchild Winner was Gabriel only robot still moving at the end.
Match 2: Crushtacean vs Ripper Winner Ripper by oota.
Match 3: Iron awe 5 vs Eruption Winner Eruption by judges decision very entertaining battle could of gone either way.
Match 4: Featherweight Brawl Winner no winner was announced and no robot stood out in this battle.
Match 5: Chimera vs Megamouse vs Rattler vs Iron Awe 7 Winner Iron Awe 7 by throwing everyone out of the arena in a minute and a half.
Match 6: Iron Awe 5 vs Gabriel vs Beast Winner iron Awe 5 throwing everyone out again (was the most dominant team in this show).
Match 7: Featherweight Brawl Winner Matilda (threw 5 robots out)
Match 8:Team match Rattler and Chimera vs Megamouse and Thunderchild Winner Rattler and Chimera.
Match 9: Toon Raider vs Crushtacean Winner Toon Raider by pit.
Match 10: Eruption vs Ripper Winner Eruption by judges decision.
Team Eruption 3 Team Ripper 0 (last 3 matches are for the points)

Day 2 Event 2
Match 1 Eruption vs Beast vs Rattler Winner Eruption by immobilising the other robots.
Match 2 Ripper vs Eric vs Thunderchild Winner Ripper by Thunderchild in the pit and Eric immobilisation.
Match 3 Crushtacean vs Megamouse vs Gabriel Winner Megamouse by immobilising the other robots.
Match 4 Featherweight brawl Winner No Winner announced.
Match 5 Chimera vs Stinger vs Beast Winner Beast by judge as stinger was still moving just.
Match 6 Gabriel vs Eric Winner Judge gave it to Eric even though Eric never worked so real winner was Gabriel.
Match 7 Beast and Stinger vs Rattler and Megamouse Winner Rattler and Megamouse judges (beast battery fell out.
Match 8 Featherweight brawl Winner Team Eruption.
Match 9 Eruption vs Ripper Winner Eruption by judges decision.
Team Eruption 2 Team Ripper 1 (last 3 matches are for the points).
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 01:19:01 PM by jackster96 »
Hobbies; table tennis, archery, pool, gaming pc and xbox.

Offline cephalopod

Re: Manchester 2016 event
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2016, 07:34:43 AM »
Eric totally worked idk what you're on about.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2016, 07:50:46 AM »
Aha how thin was its armour cos it got bent and buckled by Gabriel. Was you there spectating or competing with a featherweight?

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2016, 08:30:31 AM »
I was there for day one, event 2 and everyone and their father was drunk. When I got to talk to one of the hosts backstage, he said "normally this is a family show but it seems no one brought their kids and drunk beer, instead." Having a premium pass was brill, as I got to drive DTK. I pushed Halo in the pit (the opposite of something that happened at a previous event, I'm told.)

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2016, 09:50:40 AM »
Ye i found it funny with the pit chants but ye it is a family show, ooh wow how does DTK control as we was thinking of going for a premium pass but didn't have enough money when booking the tickets ooh I was wondering what the name of that one was called as it didnt have its shell on when we went in the back so i couldnt tell which robot it was.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2016, 11:09:04 AM »
wait what robot is Crustacean?

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2016, 11:16:28 AM »
Ye i found it funny with the pit chants but ye it is a family show, ooh wow how does DTK control as we was thinking of going for a premium pass but didn't have enough money when booking the tickets ooh I was wondering what the name of that one was called as it didnt have its shell on when we went in the back so i couldnt tell which robot it was.
DTK controls quite well, actually. The flipper was pure rubbish so I had to use my super special ramming techniques (it worked for Halo ;) ). But, I didn't actually buy my premium ticket, I got it as a present. I definitely think it was worth the money, though.

Surprisingly, the other premiums looked like metal heads/'greebos' like me, so I was chuffed to see that.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 12:36:11 PM »
Aha how thin was its armour cos it got bent and buckled by Gabriel. Was you there spectating or competing with a featherweight?

I've seen video, my friends own Eric and I do some of the awful art for their Facebook.

Badnik, Crustacean is Crushtacean, ye olde glove claw robot
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 01:17:08 PM »
Ooh good stuff sounds like if me and my friends got it we would of fit in aswell XD ye I'll fix the spelling of it I was speaking to the crushtacean team and they said it hadn't really been upgraded since it was on TV. It was Suprising cos there was only 1 of the event where Matilda didn't break down. Me and my friends want to get involved and build a featherweight robot eventually I've signed up to the FRA forums where would it be best to post about it?

Offline Riptide

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2016, 07:15:31 AM »

Like, 1mm stainless steel at most.

Also it did work, still does - just it doesn't have enough clearance to drive around on an arena floor that has more craters than the moon.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2016, 07:22:45 AM »
Was at this one for the day 2 evening event. Was very good, seems to have come a long way in terms of production values from the last one I saw which must have been in 2012 or something like that

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2016, 02:06:08 PM »

Like, 1mm stainless steel at most.

Also it did work, still does - just it doesn't have enough clearance to drive around on an arena floor that has more craters than the moon.

ohh ye thinking back looking at the floor it had holes in certain bits, so was the major issue traction on the arena floor? the robot got some real good hight when ripper flipped it  as well :P