Author Topic: The General Chatter Thread.  (Read 962979 times)

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The General Chatter Thread.
« Reply #47200 on: October 30, 2015, 07:24:37 AM »
In all seriousness. I'd make a pretty decent moderator.
im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47201 on: October 30, 2015, 07:31:50 AM »
In all seriousness. I'd make a pretty decent moderator.
tbf i can picture that working yeh

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47202 on: October 30, 2015, 08:56:52 AM »
not sure why you want to demod craaig just make me showcase and tournament mod because i'm cool and reliable  :cool:

I'm not really confident here...
pretty sure i was on the shortlist back in the day haha

then I stopped using capital letters and started playing a better game at a top level
What game you are playing now? You getting any of that sweet digital sport money?

Melee and Project M. not winning money yet but I've gotten top 8s at tournaments so hopefully i'm closing in.

congratulations, you got a D+ in the special ed class
melee and PM in the UK are a joke, apart from like Prof Pro no one else can hold their own across the pond, there's a reason why all of the big tournaments are over there

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47203 on: October 30, 2015, 09:18:20 AM »
can i enter you

Offline Gazea2

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 9
  • the one and only
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47204 on: October 30, 2015, 09:38:50 AM »
yes

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47205 on: October 30, 2015, 09:58:59 AM »
not sure why you want to demod craaig just make me showcase and tournament mod because i'm cool and reliable  :cool:

I'm not really confident here...
pretty sure i was on the shortlist back in the day haha

then I stopped using capital letters and started playing a better game at a top level
What game you are playing now? You getting any of that sweet digital sport money?

Melee and Project M. not winning money yet but I've gotten top 8s at tournaments so hopefully i'm closing in.

congratulations, you got a D+ in the special ed class
melee and PM in the UK are a joke, apart from like Prof Pro no one else can hold their own across the pond, there's a reason why all of the big tournaments are over there

dude i hope you don't think that I think that i'm some sort of big shot. everyone starts somewhere and most people who are at the top have been playing since at least 2007, whereas I started around feburary last year. take a chill pill and maybe drop the jaded atttitude

also let's be honest RA2 is not a skill based game in the slightest, someone could in all seriousness become the best player in the world in like 4 days if they just copied the best bots and saw how to do everything properly from tutorials. smash is much harder and requires more dedication as a competitive game

I don't think I'm some sort of amazing player or anything. I play Smash because it's fun and it's nice to see improvements in something you sink time into. Drop the attitude because it implies you've misread the tone of my posts and it makes you look like a weenie, which really isn't necessary.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47206 on: October 30, 2015, 10:12:34 AM »
also let's be honest RA2 is not a skill based game in the slightest, someone could in all seriousness become the best player in the world in like 4 days if they just copied the best bots and saw how to do everything properly from tutorials.
Yeah that's the thing though. A large majority of people just TL;DR the tutorials and ignore the concept of "lurking" and end up either sucking at building when they start out or exclusively doing IRL-style building because they don't know how to build. Couple that in with the fact that a lot of members are 13-16 years old when they join and you've got a grand total of, like, 3 people that know how to build at a top level when they first start up their showcase.
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47207 on: October 30, 2015, 10:15:59 AM »
also let's be honest RA2 is not a skill based game in the slightest, someone could in all seriousness become the best player in the world in like 4 days if they just copied the best bots and saw how to do everything properly from tutorials.
Yeah that's the thing though. A large majority of people just TL;DR the tutorials and ignore the concept of "lurking" and end up either sucking at building when they start out or exclusively doing IRL-style building because they don't know how to build. Couple that in with the fact that a lot of members are 13-16 years old when they join and you've got a grand total of, like, 3 people that know how to build at a top level when they first start up their showcase.
Yeah and then they leave. Rip Geice and that guy with the moon avatar Uncle Knuckles

Of course we also see people who very rapidly improve in a short space of time. You come to mind, as does ty4er.

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47208 on: October 30, 2015, 10:54:41 AM »
Honestly what it takes more than anything is patience. That's why I stuck at it.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47209 on: October 30, 2015, 11:35:47 AM »
Honestly what it takes more than anything is patience. That's why I stuck at it.
At least for stock. Since I'm pretty impatient I just play DSL which is easier and more theory based than focused on the intricacies of construction

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47210 on: October 31, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
███████▀▀▀░░░░░░░▀▀▀██████ You know what day it is.
████▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███
███│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│███         
██▌│░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░│▐██
██░└┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░┌┘░██
██░░└┐░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░┌┘░░██ Run while you can.
██░░┌┘▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄└┐░░██
██▌░│█            █▌░░░▐█      █│░▐██
███░│▐███▀▀░░▄░░▀▀███▌│░███
██▀─┘░░░░░░░▐█▌░░░░░░░└─▀██
██▄░░░▄▄▄▓░░▀█▀░░▓▄▄▄░░░▄██ SPOOKED 4 DAYZ.
████▄─┘██▌░░░░░░░▐██└─▄████
█████░░▐█─┬┬┬┬┬┬┬─█▌░░█████
████▌░░░▀┬┼┼┼┼┼┼┼┬▀░░░▐████
█████▄░░░└┴┴┴┴┴┴┴┘░░░▄████

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47211 on: November 02, 2015, 03:27:16 AM »
also let's be honest RA2 is not a skill based game in the slightest, someone could in all seriousness become the best player in the world in like 4 days if they just copied the best bots and saw how to do everything properly from tutorials. smash is much harder and requires more dedication as a competitive game
You do realize the discovery is what made RA2 interesting right?  RA2 is a problem solving game, not a muscle memory twitch reaction game.

Nobody cares if you can solve a crossword puzzle with an answer sheet, or clone a bot with no innovation.

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #47212 on: November 02, 2015, 07:29:48 PM »
You do realize the discovery is what made RA2 interesting right?  RA2 is a problem solving game, not a muscle memory twitch reaction game.

Nobody cares if you can solve a crossword puzzle with an answer sheet, or clone a bot with no innovation.
word.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47213 on: November 03, 2015, 03:58:00 AM »

To a large extent that kind of building serves as a leg up into being considered a good builder though. Simultaneously you're largely right since they're very different styles of games.

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #47214 on: November 03, 2015, 02:25:13 PM »

You read my mind, dude. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE smash bros (just not the elitist fanbase :P) but I still feel ra2 requires some skill to master.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47215 on: November 03, 2015, 03:12:49 PM »

You read my mind, dude. I mean, don't get me wrong, I LOVE smash bros (just not the elitist fanbase :P) but I still feel ra2 requires some skill to master.

His point ---------------------->

your head

Offline frezal

• Pronouns: any
  • Rep: 5
  • I am all eyes
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Oh, she’s on Instagram!
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: shelly.burger#9497
« Reply #47216 on: November 04, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »
tbf dexterhunter and frezal are vets and they're mostly known for just being old. MNB is already AU tho so idk about him becoming a vet
Maybe these days, but I used to be a moderator at B4B (Bots-4-Battle). I also did some graphics work here and there. I'm not sure how many of my skins were ever actually released, though. (CTC's Long Battery is the only one I remember.)

To be a veteran doesn't just rely on contributions, or how long you stick around. You just kind of become one. You have to be accepted and respected as one. This usually comes with time, but it doesn't have to.
Destroy your lives, on purpose!

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47217 on: November 04, 2015, 07:57:49 AM »

Or you biuld IRl  :gawe:

Offline martymidget

• Rep: 7
  • Mr Flibble is very cross.
    • http://tts.imtranslator.n
    • View Profile
    • :)
    • Awards
« Reply #47218 on: November 04, 2015, 11:46:10 AM »
IRL is for the weak

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #47219 on: November 04, 2015, 12:11:50 PM »
tbf dexterhunter and frezal are vets and they're mostly known for just being old. MNB is already AU tho so idk about him becoming a vet
Maybe these days, but I used to be a moderator at B4B (Bots-4-Battle). I also did some graphics work here and there. I'm not sure how many of my skins were ever actually released, though. (CTC's Long Battery is the only one I remember.)

To be a veteran doesn't just rely on contributions, or how long you stick around. You just kind of become one. You have to be accepted and respected as one. This usually comes with time, but it doesn't have to.
Yeah no offence meant dude, you're a cool g

and yeah IRL is trash most of the time