Author Topic: The General Chatter Thread.  (Read 958219 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: General Chatter Thread
« Reply #6200 on: March 19, 2011, 03:47:28 PM »
Well...I've had a look back on the previous issue, after going outside for a few minutes, with a cold drink and a moment of reflection with the Supermoon in my back garden at the moment.

It's this- I realise now that I've made an absolute mockery of myself on here just now. Ireland played well, England weren't on form, and through that, I saw it as an excuse, in my blind rage, to post idiotic racist remarks without thinking through the consequences.

Therefore, I think I owe Paddy, and anyone else I've offended just now for that matter, an apology.
Why?
Irish people aren't worth apologising too  :coolface

Offline Kujii

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6201 on: March 19, 2011, 03:48:56 PM »
I disagree.

Offline Scourge of teh Galaxy

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Where do folks go when they die?
    • http://www.facebook.com/b
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #6202 on: March 19, 2011, 03:49:06 PM »
Well...I've had a look back on the previous issue, after going outside for a few minutes, with a cold drink and a moment of reflection with the Supermoon in my back garden at the moment.

It's this- I realise now that I've made an absolute mockery of myself on here just now. Ireland played well, England weren't on form, and through that, I saw it as an excuse, in my blind rage, to post idiotic racist remarks without thinking through the consequences.

Therefore, I think I owe Paddy, and anyone else I've offended just now for that matter, an apology.
I don't think you have anything to apologise about, but well done for having the guts to, boss :3

By the way, guys...

Anyone got any idea how to take over the world?
Showcase     Wiki     deviantART     tumblr

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -5
  • The Guy
    • http://www.facebook.com/h
    • http://www.youtube.com/ro
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6203 on: March 19, 2011, 03:51:32 PM »

I don't think you have anything to apologise about, but well done for having the guts to, boss :3

By the way, guys...

Anyone got any idea how to take over the world?
Thanks...lately, I'd been feeling guilty for what I'd done, so I did what I felt I had to do. I just hope Paddy accepts it, so that we can be friends again, like in old times   :beer:

Anyway, World Domination methods? I recommend a Satellite Laser   :gunz:

"Cries and screams are music to my ears."
-Soundwave

Offline lloopp D lloopp

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • having a hard time holding these alligators down
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6204 on: March 19, 2011, 03:52:51 PM »

Why?
Irish people aren't worth apologising to  :coolface

Fixed :coolface
4 Brook moo moo moo moo moo moo how old was the movie food for Louis Missouri man hustle full moon eager for blow blow

currently 2-0 vs Clickbeetle in tournaments, the streak lives on
16th overall in BBEANS standings
runner up for best rookie award in BBEANS6
teamed up with jack daniels that one time
did okay in Clash Cubes 3 i guess
pound 4 pound the dreamiest gtm member

Offline Kujii

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6205 on: March 19, 2011, 03:53:25 PM »
I can see where this is going. Well, I think it's time I lay it down for you.

So much of modern life is totally dependent on computers that their security and survival is vital to a country's well being.

Some of you might be familiar with power outages at your home or neighborhood. Imagine an entire neighborhood without power. A county. A city. A state. A coastal seaboard. An entire nation...

The term electromagnetic pulse (sometimes abbreviated EMP) is a burst of electromagnetic radiation that results from an explosion (usually from the detonation of a nuclear weapon) and/or a suddenly fluctuating magnetic field. The resulting rapidly changing electric fields or magnetic fields may couple with electrical/electronic systems to produce damaging current and voltage surges.

A nuclear bomb detonated hundreds of kilometers above the Earth's surface is known as a high-altitude electromagnetic pulse (HEMP) device.

Look at this chart.

If a HEMP is detonated at roughly 482.8032 kilometers (300 miles) above sea level in the center of the United States, the entire nation would be helpless. No, the entire continent.

At that point, it would be what movies like to cliche as "Marshal Law".

It would literally be everyone for themselves, I assure you. My suggestion to you, is that if this happens to you, to immediately go to the nearest grocery store and rob them blind. Bring a wheel barrel or a wagon. You're going to need a lot of food.

My next suggestion would be to go to the public library and gather books on pharmaceuticals, basic and advanced chemistry, and crop rotation (How To Farm style of books) because books are going to be worth a ton of whatever currency evolves into after this unexpected event.

Possibly, as I discussed with Hyong/AzKush on Facebook for a few days is that item-for-item will be the new currency. His plan was to steal medicine from pharmacies and Walmarts and grocery stores. Every bit of medicine he can collect. Which is a seriously great idea. I mean, foot fungus creams, antihistamines, and even Sunblock would be incredibly valuable. One with a large collection of that could be the richest person in an entire region.

That being said, you'd have to protect yourself from being robbed. You'll need followers to join you and in return, you'd provide them with medicine. Not a lot, but slightly more than those without. These "followers" are not for cult purposes, but to help protect the supply. Be nice to them and be sure to make decisions that are best for everyone as a whole before yourself to keep your public image up.

I mentioned books earlier on pharmaceuticals. This is because you're going to have a ton of medicine, but you won't know what any of it does. Common sense, man... Common sense... You'll have to start figuring out a way to reproduce the medicine if possible. If you want to keep your **** going, you'll need to reproduce your supply. That is why I called for the Chemistry books.

The crop rotation, well that is because you will have to eat eventually. Have you ever heard the saying, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." This applies in this situation.

See what I'm going for here? Without electricity your entire nation will be crippled and it will be a very long time before things are back to normal. Hospitals will be filled with injured and sick. Pharmacies, which solely rely on telephone and computer transaction with doctors and health-care providers to even be allowed to give people controlled substances.

Take a look at Katrina (the hurricane that hit the USA) for example. Did you see how terrible of a mess that was? And that was just one little state that was all jacked up. Imagine an entire country like that.

Words of the wise:

1.) If the Military asks you to follow them to an enclosed area or camp full of tents and supplies, be wary if there are fences.
2.) It's possible there are still places you haven't robbed/stolen from yet.
3.) The selling of musical instruments will bloom. Without electricity people will desire guitars/flutes/harps/harmonicas. Harmonicas, guitars, and violins mostly.
4.) Art Museums. If you happen to live near an art museum... Art will be the most valuable item on the earth. Entire civilizations can be defined just by the art they create. If you control the art of the past, you can control others. Humans like to surround themselves and others around art. Washington D.C's National Gallery of Art is a great example. You can actually take control of the entire place quite easily with enough people should an emergency arise as well as hold plenty of storage areas and berthing.
5.) Beware of fire. Everything burns. You'll be using candles a lot.
6.) All of this applies well should the term "zombies" fall into the situation.
7.) Learn to accept death. There will be many around you that will become sickly and expire around you. The faster you accept it, the longer you'll survive.

I can't really think of anything else. Except weapons.

Guns are great, but if you want to go hunting, you'll probably be better off using bow/arrows because you can always make more arrows. Making new bullets is a bit more difficult unless you have a musket.

edit: I can remember discussing with Hyong about where would be the best place to live. I suggested Northern California, but he was set on something about like, Mississippi or something? I'm not sure what he was going on about there. I think the Northern California coast along Highway 101 would be the best place to set up shop. There is an ocean, plenty of vegetation, and trees, man... Take a look at these pictures so you can see what I mean.

http://www.skyroadster.com/forums/attachments/f33/22573d1204355577-mt-diablo-lunch-ice-cream-run-march-22nd-northern-california-centerspread.jpg
http://www.astronomynotes.com/nature/images/northCA3.jpg

Not everywhere is going to be a rolling hillside, so you'll definitely have a place to do grow crops. And Redwood is fantastic for anyone who's good at woodworking.

Obviously, If you live on the east coast you'll have to make due with what you have and where.

The beginning is going to be rough and the chances of you coming across danger and doing things normally "unforgivable" to protect you, your stash, and those around you is likely. Surround yourself with intelligent people who don't make rash decisions and you'll really be better off. You know what I mean when I say people that don't make rash decisions, right? Like the stupid people in the movies that freak out in tense moments and put everyone in danger because of it? You'll have to teach them how to survive. Everyone must pull their own weight and contribute. That's how things will have to be if you want to survive.

lol. If you want a better example of what I mean, try watching the film Die Hard 4. The entire eastern coast goes into chaos. Should it have reached the entire nation, my rules would have applied 100%. If you ever find yourself in a city when any of this goes down... Find a bicycle or skateboard, or PowerWheels and GTFO ASAP. It's dangerous^9 (to the ninth power) in cities during situations like this.

-I've put a lot of thought into this. What do you think? Should I have included something about hording books or do you think my basic suggestion of three book topics is enough? What about art supplies? I guess we could make them? I'm familiar with making my own oil paints and charcoal sticks. Would a section on animals and which to bring with you would be good. I think Magesa said something about that on Facebook. She'd be a dog breeder or something...

• Giga Heavyweight
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6206 on: March 19, 2011, 03:53:49 PM »
Is it possible to get one of those before September 8th? *deadly serious*

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6207 on: March 19, 2011, 03:53:56 PM »

Why?
Irish people aren't worth apologising to  :coolface

Fixed :coolface
So Paddy...do you accept my apology? Are we still friends?

-Soundwave

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6208 on: March 19, 2011, 03:54:32 PM »
Well, you can try building one...I'm pretty sure the Former Soviet Union will be more than willing to help   :cool:

-Soundwave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6209 on: March 19, 2011, 03:55:50 PM »
Well, you can try building one...I'm pretty sure the Former Soviet Union will be more than willing to help   :cool:
How would I get hold of them?

Offline Kujii

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6210 on: March 19, 2011, 03:57:30 PM »
Holy sh**, I typed more then I thought I did.

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6211 on: March 19, 2011, 03:57:58 PM »
I disagree.
I see you didn't see the trollface.

And world domination? Capture the hearts and minds of the people, lie and deceive.
Look at adolf hitler for some great hints. Apart from the insane part of him though, his pre WW2 record is a good reference.

now, lets see how many people call me a nazi for saying that XD

• Giga Heavyweight
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6212 on: March 19, 2011, 04:00:37 PM »
And world domination? Capture the hearts and minds of the people, lie and deceive.
Look at adolf hitler for some great hints. Apart from the insane part of him though, his pre WW2 record is a good reference.
Is it possible to do that successfully before September 8th?

Offline Kujii

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6213 on: March 19, 2011, 04:00:50 PM »
actually, I was disagreeing to something else.

EDIT: why september 8th

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6214 on: March 19, 2011, 04:01:39 PM »
All this talk of nuclear disaster is making me hungry.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6215 on: March 19, 2011, 04:02:47 PM »
Is it possible to do that successfully before September 8th?
I know you want to be asked this, so, why before september 8th?

Offline Kujii

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6216 on: March 19, 2011, 04:03:16 PM »
I have a lot of experience with nukes.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6217 on: March 19, 2011, 04:03:40 PM »
I may get a lot of hate for this, but I think everyone is too sensitive. That or I may have become patially numb to insults due to my younger years... anyway.

IMO, all insults/steriotypes should be taken as a joke. If I call you a ginger, you have the right to call me a quarter Leprechaun. It's all fun.

Sorry if I offended anyone.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline GoldenFox93

• Giga Heavyweight
  • The Guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6218 on: March 19, 2011, 04:03:57 PM »
All this talk of nuclear disaster is making me hungry.
Maybe this will help-

-Soundwave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6219 on: March 19, 2011, 04:05:07 PM »
That day scares my family for a certain reason, so I want to eradicate it from existence so it never exists.

And the only way I can think of is to take over the world.