Author Topic: The General Chatter Thread.  (Read 987835 times)

Offline Natef

• Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Nate Reviews Home
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: General Chatter Thread
« Reply #36000 on: August 08, 2012, 08:30:10 PM »
FIRST is the biggest joke in competitive robotics. Any competition that expects spectators to dance the chicken dance and to Cotton Eye Joe can't be taken seriously.

It's also my fault that they don't allow any defensive play anymore...

AHA!  I knew I couldn't be the only one who thinks so.  Bunch of hippy-dippy "nobody loses" nonsense is what's going to implode the world when Generation Y is running the show.  What exactly is "defensive play"?

Disrupting the flow of the game, not playing in the "spirit" of the game, pinning other robots, pretending it's a battlebot, trying to damage other robots, ect...

Elaborate please...

See above.

I drove in the 2011 season. My teams robot didnt work right so i drove it like a pushybot and caused havoc and took 2nd place with it. Dean Kamen, the guy who founded FIRST told me he didn't like how I drove and the next year the rules completely outlawed everything I did.
Well, that sucks. If I could locate them, it'd be fun to send the original five House Robots in there to show them how it's done   XD

Don't forget Diesector and Biohazard!

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36001 on: August 08, 2012, 08:32:38 PM »
FIRST is the biggest joke in competitive robotics. Any competition that expects spectators to dance the chicken dance and to Cotton Eye Joe can't be taken seriously.

AHA!  I knew I couldn't be the only one who thinks so.  Bunch of hippy-dippy "nobody loses" nonsense is what's going to implode the world when Generation Y is running the show.  What exactly is "defensive play"?

Disrupting the flow of the game, not playing in the "spirit" of the game, pinning other robots, pretending it's a battlebot, trying to damage other robots, ect...

Elaborate please...

See above.

I drove in the 2011 season. My teams robot didnt work right so i drove it like a pushybot and caused havoc and took 2nd place with it. Dean Kamen, the guy who founded FIRST told me he didn't like how I drove and the next year the rules completely outlawed everything I did.
Well, that sucks. If I could locate them, it'd be fun to send the original five House Robots in there to show them how it's done   XD

Hell dude, the original house robot (Goliath) would be able to kick all of their asses.

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36002 on: August 08, 2012, 09:34:14 PM »

Elaborate please...

See above.

Hell dude, the original house robot (Goliath) would be able to kick all of their asses.

Send in Mr Psycho, Sir Killalot, Hypnodisc, Razer, Dead Metal and Shunt.

Those 6 are the most damaging of any robots, house or competitor, of all of Robot Wars History. They'll show everyone how it's done.

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36003 on: August 08, 2012, 09:35:09 PM »

Elaborate please...

See above.

Send in Mr Psycho, Sir Killalot, Hypnodisc, Razer, Dead Metal and Shunt.

Those 6 are the most damaging of any robots, house or competitor, of all of Robot Wars History. They'll show everyone how it's done.

You totally missed the point of what I was saying.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -13
  • Admon is not pleased with your shenanigans.
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36004 on: August 08, 2012, 09:45:20 PM »
You totally missed the point of what I was saying.

GF constantly derails threads and discussions intentionally, it seems. That's pretty much all he does now. SotG'ing needs to be turned into GF'ing. Then Kossokei comes along and continues the derailing...

Can you believe Kossokei is yet another member brought in by the rest of the Junkyard dwellers?

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36005 on: August 08, 2012, 09:51:21 PM »
I hurri-can't figure out what you're talking about.  That seemed on topic to me.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36006 on: August 08, 2012, 09:56:08 PM »
GF constantly derails threads and discussions intentionally, it seems. That's pretty much all he does now.
agreed

its like hes not even trying to be a good productive member other than the (very) occasional tourney entry, nowadays hes just referencing whatever the phuck he can (aka LEL +1 POST) and whoring for rep/au status

Can you believe Kossokei is yet another member brought in by the rest of the Junkyard dwellers?

i wouldnt count him out (hurr funi as hell robot combat ref xd) just yet..... maybe he just has builders block
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36007 on: August 08, 2012, 10:01:38 PM »
I hurri-can't figure out what you're talking about.  That seemed on topic to me.

It was more on-topic than usual, but you have to agree that he tries to manipulate discussions.

#BlackNamesMatter  |  #HurricaneAndrewDidNothingWrong  |  #DemodNaryar  |  #OldfagAlliance

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36008 on: August 08, 2012, 10:08:22 PM »
Who   Whom   What   For What   When
Naryar (+18/-10)   Enigma (+9/-10)    :thumbdown   DURR NARYAR CANT BAN HURR   Yesterday at 11:58:50 AM

(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36009 on: August 08, 2012, 10:15:48 PM »
GF constantly derails threads and discussions intentionally, it seems. That's pretty much all he does now.
agreed

its like hes not even trying to be a good productive member other than the (very) occasional tourney entry, nowadays hes just referencing whatever the phuck he can (aka LEL +1 POST) and whoring for rep/au status

i wouldnt count him out (hurr funi as hell robot combat ref xd) just yet..... maybe he just has builders block

I've got builder's block up the rear, but there is a couple of bots I'm trying to keep un-showcased on purpose, just in case I get the balls to throw them into an un-showcased bots only HW tourney.

I think this is considered derailing, but eh. Nice reference btw

Anyway, I don't see how defensively playing disrupts gameplay.. if I were a boxer (robot combat to boxer analogy, yay) I'd want to beat the living crap out of my opponent, because my fans would want to see me beat the living crap out of my opponent, and I'm sure it'd be boring for the opponent if it wasn't any sort of challenge. Or maybe I'm missing something and we aren't talking about combat robotics..

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36010 on: August 08, 2012, 10:30:04 PM »
agreed

I've got builder's block up the rear, but there is a couple of bots I'm trying to keep un-showcased on purpose, just in case I get the balls to throw them into an un-showcased bots only HW tourney.

Anyway, I don't see how defensively playing disrupts gameplay.. if I were a boxer (robot combat to boxer analogy, yay) I'd want to beat the living crap out of my opponent, because my fans would want to see me beat the living crap out of my opponent, and I'm sure it'd be boring for the opponent if it wasn't any sort of challenge. Or maybe I'm missing something and we aren't talking about combat robotics..

I was being a smart ass point out how the original house robot, seen here, could easily beat any of the misshapen forklifts that competed in FIRST competitions.

Your response was just a repetition of what Goldenfox had said in the first place.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36011 on: August 08, 2012, 10:40:39 PM »
South Bay Mauler = Possible precursor to Mauler 5150?

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36012 on: August 08, 2012, 10:49:41 PM »
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36013 on: August 08, 2012, 11:05:18 PM »

Same robot of course. South Bay Mauler, Cyber Mauler, Mauler, Mauler M2k or whatever it was, Hellfire 666 etc.

Offline HurricaneAndrew

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • HurricaneAndrew92
    • HurricaneAndrewGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36014 on: August 08, 2012, 11:25:24 PM »

Same robot of course. South Bay Mauler, Cyber Mauler, Mauler, Mauler M2k or whatever it was, Hellfire 666 etc.

There is no way that South Bay Mauler is the exact same robot as Mauler 5150. It may be a previous generation of Mauler, but not the same bot.

Offline Jamin

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36015 on: August 08, 2012, 11:27:42 PM »

There is no way that South Bay Mauler is the exact same robot as Mauler 5150. It may be a previous generation of Mauler, but not the same bot.

Well, no. I mean the same Series of robots.

Offline Kossokei

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • 「ろくでなし」
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36016 on: August 08, 2012, 11:47:47 PM »
So me and my broski, Cody, are thinking of doing an accoustic cover of Through The Fire and the Flames.

He's already got the chords figured out, and I'm working on my vocal skills. Not sure how the guitaring is going but with me as lead singer and him as backup singer, we sound pretty good for two Band-guys who haven't done a day of Chorus.

Offline Gropaga

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: -2
  • "0" is the past and "1" is the future
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36017 on: August 09, 2012, 03:47:12 AM »

I think it was "Mauler Mk2"
Revolutionary Revolution

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36018 on: August 09, 2012, 06:16:44 AM »
I was in Asda today, and it turns out they've started their own radio station that plays in-store. And they were playing 'What is Love'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ktbhw0v186Q&feature=related#ws
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline SKBT

« Reply #36019 on: August 09, 2012, 08:19:29 AM »
agreed

I was being a smart ass point out how the original house robot, seen here, could easily beat any of the misshapen forklifts that competed in FIRST competitions.

This year it was Pitching Machines that grew wheels. No mutant forklifts.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J1FKMCPXY7s&feature=youtube_gdata_player#ws

Moose (name of the bot) was the only bot that played defense.

Also I'm convinced that FIRST rigged the final at Philly 11. After I broke the Dupont teams bot in the match before they were allowed to borrow another teams robot and there was mysterious spotty radio reception for all 3 robots on the team I was on durring that match and only that match.