Author Topic: Music ATM  (Read 332042 times)

Offline Hydro

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • Lurking. Maybe.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Music ATM
« Reply #860 on: July 03, 2011, 09:00:51 AM »
Song: The Muzical Revolution
Artist: Headhunterz
Genre: Hardstyle
Via: Winamp
Hi.

Offline Scourge of teh Galaxy

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Where do folks go when they die?
    • http://www.facebook.com/b
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #861 on: July 03, 2011, 09:24:12 AM »
Song: From Yesterday
Artist: 30 Seconds to Mars
Album: The Kill
Via: iTunes
Showcase     Wiki     deviantART     tumblr

Offline Skiitzzox220

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
  • ⊂(✰‿✰)つ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #862 on: July 03, 2011, 09:52:23 AM »
Song: From Yesterday
Artist: 30 Seconds to Mars
Album: The Kill
WIN!

And I don't think anyone's posted this song yet which surprises me

Plain White T's - Hey There Delilah

When life give you lemons- Wait I don't like lemons...

Offline GroudonRobotWars

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • Groudonrct3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #863 on: July 03, 2011, 09:55:27 AM »
Down With Webster

She's Dope

Offline Hydro

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Lurking. Maybe.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #864 on: July 03, 2011, 10:11:09 AM »
Song: Megasound
Artist: Headhunterz
Genre: Hardstyle
Via: Winamp
Hi.

Offline Scourge of teh Galaxy

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Where do folks go when they die?
    • http://www.facebook.com/b
    • houndoomrulz
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #865 on: July 03, 2011, 10:34:20 AM »
Song: Save Me
Artist: Taking Dawn
Album: Time to Burn

Shh... Hush now, don't you scream
(No! No!)
Showcase     Wiki     deviantART     tumblr

Offline lloopp D lloopp

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • having a hard time holding these alligators down
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #866 on: July 03, 2011, 01:29:20 PM »

"It is hard, eating...a knob."
4 Brook moo moo moo moo moo moo how old was the movie food for Louis Missouri man hustle full moon eager for blow blow

currently 2-0 vs Clickbeetle in tournaments, the streak lives on
16th overall in BBEANS standings
runner up for best rookie award in BBEANS6
teamed up with jack daniels that one time
did okay in Clash Cubes 3 i guess
pound 4 pound the dreamiest gtm member

Offline Skiitzzox220

• Heavyweight
  • ⊂(✰‿✰)つ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #867 on: July 03, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Blessthefall - Hey Baby, Heres That Song You Wanted

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #868 on: July 03, 2011, 02:42:57 PM »

Christian Metal sucks.
Basing music round religion is fanatical and uncool.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #869 on: July 03, 2011, 02:50:54 PM »
Nuclear Assault -Search and Seizure
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #870 on: July 03, 2011, 03:58:42 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3DBPfkK7bcyfE#
This crossover thrash thing, it's cool.

Offline Skiitzzox220

• Heavyweight
  • ⊂(✰‿✰)つ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #871 on: July 03, 2011, 05:55:28 PM »

Christian Metal sucks.
Basing music round religion is fanatical and uncool.
I don't listen to it for the religion part, religion's bullsh** (But BOT, theres already a thread for that) and I don't see why Christian Metal, Post-Hardcore or Metalcore sucks so please enlighten me on that one

Offline Noodle

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • faggot
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #872 on: July 04, 2011, 02:26:35 AM »
I don't listen to it for the religion part, religion's bullsh** (But BOT, theres already a thread for that) and I don't see why Christian Metal, Post-Hardcore or Metalcore sucks so please enlighten me on that one

Noise noise noise.  It's all noise to me and it's all been done before in my opinion.

Enter inevitable argument of impending doom.

Anyways, I'm listening to this again because it's ing epic.

Offline Skiitzzox220

• Heavyweight
  • ⊂(✰‿✰)つ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #873 on: July 04, 2011, 10:42:58 AM »

Noise noise noise.  It's all noise to me and it's all been done before in my opinion.

Thrash and Death Metal are. Most thrash sounds the same and I only like a few Melo Death bands, other than that gimme a Post-Hardcore song anyday.

Plain White T's - Hate is a Strong Word

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #874 on: July 04, 2011, 12:29:37 PM »

Thrash and Death Metal are. Most thrash sounds the same and I only like a few Melo Death bands, other than that gimme a Post-Hardcore song anyday.

Rather than involving playing instruments and that being the focus of the music (which is ideally the exact philosophy of thrash; music relying on riffs that sound good, catchy or impressive; death metal is more focused on aggression and further technicality), metalcore, deathcore and post hardcore rely on a philosophy which either directly rips off elements from either Metallica or Pantera (the particular style of riff that Metallica pioneered is used by almost every metalcore band; Many bands use Pantera's synchronized double bass/tremolo picking).

In addition, the music is focused around an audience; metalcore bands tend to aim their music at teenagers and style their lyrics appropiately; almost always leads to immature lyrics which sound even worse when you have a twenty year old screaming like an idiot. Death metal at least tries to focus it's music around making music for themselves, unless the band is some Soilwork clone or something. Add to that repetitive musicianship and un-adventurous song structure filled with generic riffs either directly immitating Metallica or playing boring low notes on a 7 string and you pretty much have the common all-garden metalcore band. Deathcore makes little improvement due to a lack of musical variety. You might be, "But death metal isn't varied at all", but generally with a mix of melodic, slow and breakneck-fast styles it's far more so than Deathcore or Metalcore.

Thrash involves strait-up-playing and more mature lyrical themes while death metal is more technical, varied, and less generic with its lyrics and playing.

Some bands are better, like Between The Buried And Me or The Black Dahlia Murder, but on the whole metalcore/deathcore/christian metal is a very bland area of music.

Offline Skiitzzox220

• Heavyweight
  • ⊂(✰‿✰)つ
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #875 on: July 04, 2011, 01:04:59 PM »

Rather than involving playing instruments and that being the focus of the music (which is ideally the exact philosophy of thrash; music relying on riffs that sound good, catchy or impressive; death metal is more focused on aggression and further technicality), metalcore, deathcore and post hardcore rely on a philosophy which either directly rips off elements from either Metallica or Pantera (the particular style of riff that Metallica pioneered is used by almost every metalcore band; Many bands use Pantera's synchronized double bass/tremolo picking).

In addition, the music is focused around an audience; metalcore bands tend to aim their music at teenagers and style their lyrics appropiately; almost always leads to immature lyrics which sound even worse when you have a twenty year old screaming like an idiot. Death metal at least tries to focus it's music around making music for themselves, unless the band is some Soilwork clone or something. Add to that repetitive musicianship and un-adventurous song structure filled with generic riffs either directly immitating Metallica or playing boring low notes on a 7 string and you pretty much have the common all-garden metalcore band. Deathcore makes little improvement due to a lack of musical variety. You might be, "But death metal isn't varied at all", but generally with a mix of melodic, slow and breakneck-fast styles it's far more so than Deathcore or Metalcore.

Thrash involves strait-up-playing and more mature lyrical themes while death metal is more technical, varied, and less generic with its lyrics and playing.

Some bands are better, like Between The Buried And Me or The Black Dahlia Murder, but on the whole metalcore/deathcore/christian metal is a very bland area of music.
I happen to prefer it to any kind of music, I don't really listen to that much thrash other than Slayer because I don't get the point in the aggressive vocals, perhaps just the way I am but whatever

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #876 on: July 04, 2011, 01:32:48 PM »
Yet you listen to screaming children complaining about how they hate you so much. Odd.

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #877 on: July 04, 2011, 01:33:52 PM »

I happen to prefer it to any kind of music, I don't really listen to that much thrash other than Slayer because I don't get the point in the aggressive vocals, perhaps just the way I am but whatever
I NEED TO RECCOMEND YOU SOME MUSIC CHILD
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #878 on: July 04, 2011, 01:34:58 PM »

Offline Meganerdbomb

• Rep: 6
  • Are you not entertained?
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #879 on: July 04, 2011, 01:36:32 PM »
[hipster]I only listen to obscure music you've probbably never heard of[/hipster]
No, but seriously, this is some good stuff right here.

im just waiting for meganerdbomb to come along and kick things into gear.