Author Topic: how to get muted 101  (Read 447 times)

Offline Garfie489

• Rep: 4
  • Owner of Dystopia, Defector, and Utopia
    • View Profile
    • Awards
how to get muted 101
« on: August 17, 2017, 02:29:30 PM »
If you want some sh**post idea's that will probably get you muted, just post something along the lines of these posts

You're finished with this forum anyways HB. The RWRA2 mod team is long disbanded. Why do you care?

On that logic i have a Dystopia shell in my garage thats not being used anymore. Why not break in and help yourself to it?

Hell theres a PS3 in my bedroom which i havnt used for at least 2 years. Guess that gives you the right to just take it from there and keep it for yourself right?

Its called Intellectual property theft, and no it is not ok. It is a criminal offence to be using that content without permission. The content creator has the right to control distribution until they give the express permission otherwise. I guess otherwise Game would be totally cool with me grabbing the new Gran Turismo when it comes out and walking out the store shouting "I think Facebook should be able to use the content aswell".
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 04:10:03 PM by 090901 »
My three loves - Rugby, Racing, and Robotics

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Re: Can we get a forum hierarchy? (Copypasta topic)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2017, 02:45:29 PM »
At the risk of spamming the thread with off topic bs:

You're finished with this forum anyways HB. The RWRA2 mod team is long disbanded. Why do you care?

On that logic i have a Dystopia shell in my garage thats not being used anymore. Why not break in and help yourself to it?

Hell theres a PS3 in my bedroom which i havnt used for at least 2 years. Guess that gives you the right to just take it from there and keep it for yourself right?

Its called Intellectual property theft, and no it is not ok. It is a criminal offence to be using that content without permission. The content creator has the right to control distribution until they give the express permission otherwise. I guess otherwise Game would be totally cool with me grabbing the new Gran Turismo when it comes out and walking out the store shouting "I think Facebook should be able to use the content aswell".
Not stealing, taking a copy of and distributing abandonware. It's the same principle that means we can distribute RA2 for free. You've downloaded RA2 haven't you? If so, are you a thief? If you're gonna come on the forum out of nowhere to spam a tournament thread, at least don't make your point based on a strawman, and next time please keep it out of a tournament thread. Thank you.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline FightingBotInformal

• wait, i'm still here?
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -12
  • how tf did i even remember my password lol
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: meet me at RA2 central ig
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2017, 02:47:28 PM »
At the risk of spamming the thread with off topic bs:

Not stealing, taking a copy of and distributing abandonware. It's the same principle that means we can distribute RA2 for free. You've downloaded RA2 haven't you? If so, are you a thief? If you're gonna come on the forum out of nowhere to spam a tournament thread, at least don't make your point based on a strawman, and next time please keep it out of a tournament thread. Thank you.
QFT
my weeb headass with my anime avatar is gone

hmu on discord for anime or music recommendations or to talk ab some sports sh** idk

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2017, 03:05:52 PM »
its a mod for a game that's 15 years old that no one outside of this forum cares about

all getting mad about it does is ruin your reputation here. doot isnt going to change the arena now, the leak is already out, and you sure as hell arent going to pay for a lawyer over it, so why give a sh**?

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2017, 03:28:42 PM »
The smugness of people trying to get a rise out of others is astonishing, trying to hide behind "oh it's abandonware, why do you care?" HB was contactable, had stated numerous times in the past that it wasn't to be shared, so people need to give up on the 'noble' "releasing it for the people" bullsh**. The simple fact is, Mr_AS leaked it because people here are greedy, malicious bastards who all had selfish reasons for wanting it. AS wanted to provoke reactions out of the creators, others wanted to get certain people in the sh** for giving them the means to obtain the leaked arenas and bots, and some used it for internet points for spamming it all over Facebook. These people certainly got what they wanted, and then refused to do anything about it, which is why I contacted ACAMS myself to get the file removed from the website. It's sneaky to leak it in the first place, it's malicious to upload it to a part of the site only the site admin could remove it from.

People have every right to argue about why something they created was released without their permission, people here need to get better ammo than "it's an old game lol why do you care so much?" It's the same reason why people still make bots, make TC packs or component packs, because they want to try and better the game and contribute to it, and 9/10 will just be met with either ungratefulness ("_____ parts when?") or get it thrown back in their faces and mocked for it later.

Offline Garfie489

• Rep: 4
  • Owner of Dystopia, Defector, and Utopia
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2017, 03:32:28 PM »
Firstly, in the UK you really dont need expensive lawers and drawn out court cases to get these things enforced - its alot easier than that if making small claims ect.

Secondly, Abandonware is still covered under Copyright. If the owner wanted to pursue distributors of their content they are fully entitled to do so and you can be criminally responsible for it. In this case its not abandonware as the content creator still actively uses it.

Also i dont play RA2, infact i dont even use my PC anymore. Plus since i have about 10 real world robots to take care off and am a professional roboteer - i kinda prefer doing other things nowadays in my free time :P
My three loves - Rugby, Racing, and Robotics

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
how to get muted 101
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2017, 04:07:54 PM »
if you want to get muted, this topic will give you some good ideas