Author Topic: Robot Wars RA2 - OFFICIAL MOD  (Read 620500 times)

Offline FOTEPX

• Your dad
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 5
  • Thank you, meow.
    • Bamzookiman130
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Shima33 #9110
Re: Robot Wars RA2 - OFFICIAL MOD
« Reply #2580 on: January 05, 2016, 04:28:22 PM »
Personally, I'd love a tour of the new arena. Fancy showing it off to us?

Currently listening to: Marblehead Johnson - The Bluetones

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • Rep: -3
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #2581 on: January 07, 2016, 12:54:21 AM »
Uh, question. Who the hell is Envy? Seriously, who is he? I've got a tons of robot pictures from Roaming Robots I took from the net, and I never saw Envy, once. Who is he, exactly?  :baffled:

Also, mod looks bloody amazing, guys. No joke.

Offline DaSnowingSteak

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
  • TheSnowingSteak 2.0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2582 on: January 07, 2016, 01:54:00 PM »
Imagine firestrom but black.
The Steak is reborn.

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2583 on: January 07, 2016, 02:42:30 PM »
Thanks, man. Wouldn't mind to see him in the mod. Or Firestorm, for that matter. But looks good, either way, with or without Envy.

Also, Envy looks more like a black V-Max with Firestorm 2-5's lifting arm. How powerful is he? I'll check, later. Those fanboys need to shut up and get smashed in the face by Mr. Psycho.

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #2584 on: January 08, 2016, 08:02:16 PM »
Yeah I've already quit lads, I will do the odd few favours for DSL in the future as pay pack for the help and support with RWRA2. But I am well and truly done now, far too much going on with life and the rabid foamboys have complained more than anything. The old models we made that needed updating, that we have permission for will be included as well as the new robots.

I'll let you all know this now, since its not going to happen anymore....

We were in the midst of developing a stand alone game for the Robot Wars brand that would've been downloadable on steam and Xbox One. And the stage it got to was pleasing but we can't see it being financially supportive enough compared to the development needed.

All good things must come to an end I'm afraid.
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2585 on: January 08, 2016, 09:16:18 PM »
Aww sad news unfortunately, thank you for starting this amazing project and another thank you goes out to the full team. Damn that's a shame would of been amazing to play on the xbox one.still even more reason to get hyped for the new expansion.
Hobbies; table tennis, archery, pool, gaming pc and xbox.

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2586 on: January 09, 2016, 01:34:18 AM »
Yeah I've already quit lads, I will do the odd few favours for DSL in the future as pay pack for the help and support with RWRA2. But I am well and truly done now, far too much going on with life and the rabid foamboys have complained more than anything. The old models we made that needed updating, that we have permission for will be included as well as the new robots.

We were in the midst of developing a stand alone game for the Robot Wars brand that would've been downloadable on steam and Xbox One. And the stage it got to was pleasing but we can't see it being financially supportive enough compared to the development needed.

Aw, that seriously sucks, man.

Aww sad news unfortunately, thank you for starting this amazing project and another thank you goes out to the full team. Damn that's a shame would of been amazing to play on the xbox one.still even more reason to get hyped for the new expansion.
Hell, yeah, man.

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2587 on: January 09, 2016, 03:26:20 AM »

Are you able to say how far this standalone game got? Any pre-alpha screens? It's pretty heartbreaking to learn that a standalone game got cancelled.
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline RpJk

• ♫Time has come to listen to the crying of their puppet souls♫
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -1
  • Done and done.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2588 on: January 09, 2016, 03:26:25 PM »

No PS4? *walks out*

Jokes aside that is a damn shame but then again you just gave us a great mod and an expansion on the horizon that kick starts my most anticipated year of gaming.

You people did a great job and as a member of this small community I am truly thankful. This is a first for me to say to people I know online-only but I am grateful to be able to talk you guys and have the ability to show my vocal support alongs with others here.

The gaming industry could really learn a thing or two from you guys.  :smile:
Old Stock Showcase: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=6590.0

I've moved to other forums. Under a different name. This is where it all began.

Offline Clickbeetle

• Rep: 21
  • In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #2589 on: January 11, 2016, 11:25:11 PM »
if there isn't any enthusiasm when making it it would more or less become a chore?

You got it.
There's every chance there will be additional stuff released in time but, officially, this is the end of the cycle.
As mentioned, Mr AS will be putting out balance/component updates sporadically to help the building aspect but for replicas and arenas this will probably be the end.
Thanks for the kind words though, we all appreciate it :)

Yep, I mostly lost enthusiasm for working on DSL a few years into development... it got to the point where I wanted to play it, not work on it any more.  I had to really force myself to finish it this last year.  That's part of why it took so long.  You don't want RWRA2 to turn into another DSL3, do you?  ;)

In terms of replica bots and arenas, RWRA2 already surpasses DSL.  Frankly I'm surprised, but also excited that there's even more coming.  I don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but dare I hope that since Matilda is in it now, that Deadmetal and Shunt will be too?  Those were my favorite house bots...

Regardless, I'm confident the final product is going to be awesome.  Now that DSL2.2 is released I'll get started programming the hazards in the new studio arena.

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline DaSnowingSteak

• Antweight
  • TheSnowingSteak 2.0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2590 on: January 12, 2016, 03:27:07 PM »
Better end a project when you still care then just rush a project to compeltion because you don't.
The Steak is reborn.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #2591 on: January 12, 2016, 03:31:52 PM »
Yep, I mostly lost enthusiasm for working on DSL a few years into development... it got to the point where I wanted to play it, not work on it any more.  I had to really force myself to finish it this last year.  That's part of why it took so long.  You don't want RWRA2 to turn into another DSL3, do you?  ;)

In terms of replica bots and arenas, RWRA2 already surpasses DSL.  Frankly I'm surprised, but also excited that there's even more coming.  I don't mean to sound like a fanboy, but dare I hope that since Matilda is in it now, that Deadmetal and Shunt will be too?  Those were my favorite house bots...

Regardless, I'm confident the final product is going to be awesome.  Now that DSL2.2 is released I'll get started programming the hazards in the new studio arena.

I don't even have a lot of interest playing these days, and I'm at the end of my tether doing 24/7 no breaks tech support through the facebook page :P

As for those house robots... you'll be 50% pleased.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline TheUnknownRobotics

• UnknownMartin
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Sm4sh NNID: Nixtram
    • http://www.youtube.com/ch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2592 on: January 12, 2016, 05:12:32 PM »

I'm happy for what you and the team has brought. Seeing everything, it's all amazing. Thank you, HB, for all the work. This end to the project couldn't be more appropriate, being honest. Better to finish your efforts than forcing them over.
Mostly a lurker and Sm4sh Bros. player nowadays. :3

Offline Knight

• Antweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2593 on: January 13, 2016, 10:50:24 AM »
To celebrate Robot Wars being brought back to television, here's a teaser for the mod update

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2594 on: January 13, 2016, 02:20:58 PM »
Question. Why is there a robot with what appears to be a banana? :baffled: Also, looks f***ing sick and awesome. :claping

Offline Thyrus

• Rep: 19
  • Back to purple '17
    • http://www.youtube.com/Th
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2595 on: January 13, 2016, 02:29:11 PM »
Question. Why is there a robot with what appears to be a banana? :baffled: Also, looks f***ing sick and awesome. :claping

for comparrison

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2596 on: January 14, 2016, 02:50:30 PM »

for comparrison

Oh. Ok.

Still find that a tiny bit bizarre, but it wins first prize for originality.

Offline rhys746

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2597 on: January 15, 2016, 12:50:25 AM »
You how you said will be 50 percent pleased with the house robots and if this was including all 7 how many would we possibly be getting 3 or 4

Offline jackster96

• Lightweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2598 on: January 15, 2016, 04:38:14 AM »
That was a response to click asking if either shunt or dead metal is in not all seven if I'm correct my money is on shunt being the one in :)
Hobbies; table tennis, archery, pool, gaming pc and xbox.

Offline rhys746

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2599 on: January 15, 2016, 05:59:22 AM »
My guesses would be shunt matilda and possibly growler or sir kilalot as they were in one of the robot arena dsl packs