Author Topic: .gib files  (Read 2020 times)

Offline Serge

• Rep: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.q3k.org/
    • Awards
.gib files
« on: October 21, 2008, 04:50:33 PM »
Hello everyone,

thanks for replying to my previosu thread, I knew every member in the community would be interested in breathrough concerning GMF files. I started to work ona compiler but seeing how nobody cares about this, I've gaven up. Thanks for nothing.

Anyway, back to the topic. I am instaed creating a .gib interface editor, a graphical easy-to-use tool to edit those pesky files. The trouble is I do not know that much about them. If anyone has even the smallest bit of information on them, post it here. Even better if you have some kind of paper on it - I'd be delighted to read it.

Thanks in advance,
Serge
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 06:52:31 PM by ACAMS »
home | twitter | yt | gmf de/compiler | component freedom | xmpp: q3k@q3k.org | email: q3k@q3k.org

Offline Madiaba

.gib files
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 05:00:08 PM »
Trovaner and I have hacked through them quite a bit, when revising buttons and controls in the test-garage, and the larger menu windows for DSL 2.1.  Let me get stuff together, Serge and I'll send it over.  A gib editor would be cool...
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...

Offline goose

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
.gib files
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 05:10:09 PM »
You have to understand that  Madiaba and ClickBeetle(and you?) are the only 2 remaining "good" modders.
sippin' on my Honeydew bubble tea.
party in my tummy. yummy, yummy.

Offline Serge

• Rep: 13
    • View Profile
    • http://www.q3k.org/
    • Awards
.gib files
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 05:41:44 PM »
Yes, but this is why I try to make my utilities idiot-friendly. But it seems still noone cares. Anyway, I need to get some sleep. G'night.
home | twitter | yt | gmf de/compiler | component freedom | xmpp: q3k@q3k.org | email: q3k@q3k.org

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
.gib files
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 06:19:47 PM »
I am interested, but I'm too shy.

Hey, perhaps Madiba could help when he's not making those bots of doom.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline ACAMS

.gib files
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 06:53:04 PM »
Quote from: Serge;18158
Yes, but this is why I try to make my utilities idiot-friendly. But it seems still noone cares. Anyway, I need to get some sleep. G'night.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting the compiler so I can mod the carsteering.....I need it for a pack I am working on.

If you want me to rush you I will PM you 5 times a day....hey I wonder if that would work, I may try it on goose first.

Offline Gigafrost

• Rep: 0
  • You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
.gib files
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2008, 07:18:29 PM »
That would be great for my next pack, Legends Unleashed. I always wanted to know how to edit those menu buttons.

Offline goose

• Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
.gib files
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 08:03:40 PM »
Quote from: ACAMS;18185
AAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

I have been anxiously awaiting the compiler so I can mod the carsteering.....I need it for a pack I am working on.

If you want me to rush you I will PM you 5 times a day....hey I wonder if that would work, I may try it on goose first.
works on me. very well.  I get side tracked lots.
sippin' on my Honeydew bubble tea.
party in my tummy. yummy, yummy.

Offline ACAMS

.gib files
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
OK....you need to finish the bot exchange and Serge needs to finish the compiler!

Offline ACAMS

.gib files
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 08:19:49 PM »
chop-chop
muy pronto

Offline Madiaba

.gib files
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 08:28:35 PM »
Serge, don't get disheartened. Many would like your work(s). They just don't understand the ramifications of it yet...
Same with you, Goose. Thanks.

*ACAMS is trying to add to his post count*
Input is appreciated. :)
-Arrogance is a quantity devoid of quality...
-As a client once told me "This is my story, and it's sticking to me!"
-Relationships these days are like the 'Arrival' section of the airport: a lot of baggage is being revealed in one place, and not a lot of it is being correlated to its real owners...