Author Topic: Red's Ironforge of innovative and pointless nonsense  (Read 6449 times)

Offline 09090901

• competitive irl
  • Rep: 22
  • anti-boomer super soldier
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Red's Ironforge of innovative and pointless nonsense
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2016, 09:09:51 AM »
i highly doubt that can beat any of the reforged ai

and as everyone else has said, that box design is pointless. just put the armor on sides of the piston.
DSL-IRL is the libtard’s meta. Go drink more soylent, retard! #BLUELIVESMATTER

Offline Reier

• Rieir
  • Rep: 8
  • I GOT 3RD IN RAW1
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
  • Awards old BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2016, 09:09:57 AM »
it's cool that you're trying to be innovative. it's definitely unique, but like boby said you need to aim for either 125, 200, or 400.
I know that the piston shield is the main feature of this bot, but there's more weight efficient ways to pull off a concept like this. Most people trying to do a similar thing generally just use a row of weapons or plows in front of the piston ram to protect it (with enough space in the middle to allow the piston to extend and keep it DSL-S) which isn't as original, but it's more practical and efficient.
Keep building whatever you want, I'm glad you're being original. But also keep in mind alternatives, generally there's a way to save weight on whatever setup you build no matter what it is.
ALERT- Another WS coming up...
voted best bot builder two times and counting babayy. the best ra2 builder who has never won an actual tournament match
ReiAI pack for Ironforge
My drawings, and my webcomics
Why online PVP will save RA2
The problem with competitive IRL in RA2
I'm fine with hugging reier

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2016, 02:57:56 PM »
What everyone else has said is all good, obviously. The shield is redundant, but who knows if you could make it a hell of a lot larger it could be used to trap bots lolz
Innovation is always important, but it needs to be twinned with, at the very least, a solid approach to efficiency. Otherwise your innovative concepts will never realise the potential they could have.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2016, 01:25:46 AM by The Red Blur »

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2016, 03:28:29 PM »
that shield is pointless as it is. remove the hammer, add wedges and make the shield a trapper, put some teeth in it.