Author Topic: RA2 Crashing my Internet?!  (Read 1051 times)

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RA2 Crashing my Internet?!
« on: February 24, 2016, 06:03:26 AM »
Hey guys, so for those of you who don't know, part of the reason behind my lengthy absence was the fact that the charger pin in my laptop has been a nightmare, repeatedly breaking despite various attempts to repair it.

Basically my laptop is nearing its last legs, so i've not used it much in my new accommodation much (uni w00p), but now that its semi-reliable and i've been playing RA2 again, i've noticed that when I do my internet always seems to fail, usually within 20 minutes of game play. This is extra annoying since my laptop often freezes up when I then attempt to reconnect, which is fun, meaning that at the moment my best solution is to reboot.

So yeah, pretty bizzare problem, my internet is pretty meh, but I'm fairly certain RA2 is the cause. Anyone got a clue how or why?

Offline Badger

• Permanent Artifact
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I wish to be with my people
  • Awards BOTM Winner Donated money for site hosting 2019
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RA2 Crashing my Internet?!
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:42:57 AM »
Have you gone through all the basic troubleshooting steps? Restarting, dling new drivers for your network card, running RA2 in compatibility mode etc?

If so, then maybe overheating is an issue, and your network card isn't handling the heat too well. Alternatively, what my laptop (and sometimes desktop) sometimes do is randomly change the IP of the default DNS server to connect to, rather than let it auto-configure. I solve this by going to the Network and Sharing center > adapter settings > right click on wifi adapter and properties > Internet Protolcol v4 > properties > obtain DNS server address automatically

If none of that helps, what exactly happens? Does the network disconnect or just stop working? Is the adapter still enabled (Network and Sharing center > adapter settings)? Is it just websites that don't load, or do things like spotify stop working too?
also lol at most toxic guy around calling others out on this sh**
Google Drive with my newer bots

Offline Scorpion

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RA2 Crashing my Internet?!
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 06:35:11 AM »
Hi, sorry for the delayed reply.
I've gone through those steps, but i think now its an issue with the drivers, probably caused by the other issues.
Its a pain in the ass but ive reduced the effects somewhat by changing my power settings. I can work round it until i get home and can fix it, but yeah no need to blame RA2  :laughing