Author Topic: Yugioh/"Yugimonz"  (Read 63628 times)

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Yugioh/"Yugimonz"
« Reply #260 on: April 21, 2016, 07:03:53 AM »
Honestly I really dislike DN, but a tournament does sound interesting. As for special rule or whatever, I'd say "no tier 1 decks", only meaning what is currently at the top this format.

The only deck I have now that gets close is Raidraptors, but that's probably only with Ultimate Falcon. On the other hand, with the set he comes out, there will be so much extra deck hate that decks the live on an extra deck just can't play properly or can't play at all.

Edit: Another question popped up. If one is hosted, would we be playing the same deck throughout and does someone keep all the deck lists? Or can we pick a different deck per round? This is asked so that people interested can think ahead some.
"Always be yourself, unless you're a loser"

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #261 on: April 21, 2016, 10:30:11 AM »
Honestly I really dislike DN, but a tournament does sound interesting. As for special rule or whatever, I'd say "no tier 1 decks", only meaning what is currently at the top this format.
Yeah, I was thinking (and said) no tier 1 but I was also thinking about excluding tier 2, as well, just for a bit of variety. If this goes down well, I'll host some more tournaments and they'll have different gimmicks or no gimmicks at all.

Another question popped up. If one is hosted, would we be playing the same deck throughout and does someone keep all the deck lists? Or can we pick a different deck per round? This is asked so that people interested can think ahead some.
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. I'd like the turnout to be enough that I needn't participate and I can judge the entire contest (i.e, keep decklists) because I'd like everyone to stick to one deck. If I do want/have to join the tournament, I suppose I'll have to allow the changing and modification of decks. Or run the tournament on the honour system :P

As for DN, I hope you can put up with it enough to just do this tournament on because it's nicely paced and I can record the matches in real time instead of uploading YGOPRO replays which no one can keep up with (I could slow it down in post but then it just looks weird and awkward.)

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #262 on: April 21, 2016, 12:20:17 PM »
Yeah, I was thinking (and said) no tier 1 but I was also thinking about excluding tier 2, as well, just for a bit of variety. If this goes down well, I'll host some more tournaments and they'll have different gimmicks or no gimmicks at all.
But would would all be considered tier 2? Could end up excluding too much decks that way.

Another question popped up. If one is hosted, would we be playing the same deck throughout and does someone keep all the deck lists? Or can we pick a different deck per round? This is asked so that people interested can think ahead some.
I was actually thinking about this earlier today. I'd like the turnout to be enough that I needn't participate and I can judge the entire contest (i.e, keep decklists) because I'd like everyone to stick to one deck. If I do want/have to join the tournament, I suppose I'll have to allow the changing and modification of decks. Or run the tournament on the honour system :P

As for DN, I hope you can put up with it enough to just do this tournament on because it's nicely paced and I can record the matches in real time instead of uploading YGOPRO replays which no one can keep up with (I could slow it down in post but then it just looks weird and awkward.)
I'd have to do my best to try and survive that.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #263 on: April 21, 2016, 12:44:36 PM »
When I think tier 2, I think stuff that used to be tier 1 and aspiring tier 1 decks.  Stuff like Yang Zing,  Ritual Beast and aforementioned examples.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #264 on: April 21, 2016, 01:11:13 PM »
My brother is a ritual beast player, but I know for a fact the 2 decks I'd be interested in playing wouldn't stand a chance against raid raptors or ritual beasts or yang zings.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #265 on: April 21, 2016, 03:35:12 PM »
When I think tier 2, I think stuff that used to be tier 1 and aspiring tier 1 decks.  Stuff like Yang Zing,  Ritual Beast and aforementioned examples.
So that would be a lot of decks that were ever tier 1. I do not support this.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #266 on: April 21, 2016, 06:20:30 PM »
Well, not every single deck that was once tier 1. Just try going creative and having some sportsmanship for this one tournament. I might use Dustons :P I'm only trying to cater to the GTMers that say they're interested, even though they haven't played in the meta for a while. If they're up for it, I could do a normal tournament with no restrictions either now or after the proposed one because I'd like that, too.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #267 on: April 21, 2016, 06:47:04 PM »
I'd really like to see this tournament amount to a lot of really fun, gimmicky decks. If I wanted to keep playing real meta archetypes I wouldn't have quit yugioh in the first place.

I'm trying to think of what my brother could play....... Vylons or something... thats about as gimmicky as he ever got.

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline ecolusian

• care to spare a chromasome for this poor sperglord?
  • Middleweight
  • Keeping TRB in check since 2010
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #268 on: April 22, 2016, 05:05:05 AM »
i may bring in my rank 1 spam deck or just bring in a turtle normal monster deck =p I feel I could get some lock down from that with the erat cards or am I being a scrub again? it can still get good power with crab turtle and I can even get some utility with dark catapulter for spell removal and don turtle for rank 3 xyz or using big wave small wave for the aforementioned lock down or just go straight for some defence bombing with high defence turtle cards and then using unity to make their defence even higher and making my opponent take loads of damage. i would have to run royal decree and since crab turtle is a ritual monster I may through in some of the ritual djinn cards, how does that sound? i might need to give it some focus, but we have time so I don't mind.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Testudo_erat_Numen
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Numen_erat_Testudo
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Unity
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Catapulter
http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Crab_Turtle
"Two things are infinite:the universe and human stupidity;and I\'m not sure about the universe" -Albert Einstein
*IF YOU ARE NEUTRAL IN THIS SIG BUSINESS PUT THIS IN YOUR SIG*

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #269 on: April 22, 2016, 08:22:03 AM »
Depending on that goes I may not be playing Raidraptors, even though I do enjoy playing those. But I'm sure I can bring in some other sh** that will somehow do good.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #270 on: April 22, 2016, 10:23:16 AM »
Right then, I think I'll make this post the signups, then. I'll write down all the names I've seen mentioned and please tell me if you can't/don't want to attend. By the way, because everyone works off different times, this won't be one big live tournament, every match will have their own agreed time, so don't worry about times. I don't see any reason to not enter due to time constraints short of having no time at all, which I totally understand. For now, I will exclude myself from the list because I'd rather have a judge who can keep track of deck lists and stuff but I'll jump in if one more person would do the trick.

1. Kill
2. Kill's brother
3. Trov's brother
4. Badnik
5. TRB
6. Powerrave
7. Sage
8. Yugi

I think, with the number of entrants, we'd be best off with a Round Robin format to get the most out of the tournament. Everyone okay with that? Also, Trov, you said your brother is still quite good, do you think he'd want to enter?
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 05:20:21 PM by yugitom »

Offline The Red Blur

• The real Jeff
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -10
  • Jesus, climbed up to -11 rep
    • not yet, m80 ;)
    • View Profile
    • completely uninteresting website.com
    • Awards
« Reply #271 on: April 22, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
I'm gonna need to get to deck buildin'! I'm terrible, though, so don't be surprised if I lose instantly. :P

EDIT: Ugh, grammar!

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #272 on: April 22, 2016, 11:29:19 AM »
dude just play, its just for fun anyways

#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline powerrave

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #273 on: April 22, 2016, 11:39:44 AM »
If the sending of a deck list will needed, I'll read it then. For now let's see what'll happen.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #274 on: April 22, 2016, 11:41:00 AM »
If the sending of a deck list will needed, I'll read it then. For now let's see what'll happen.
I'm not entirely sure what you mean by that.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #275 on: April 22, 2016, 11:56:30 AM »
sounds good to me

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #276 on: April 22, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
dude just play, its just for fun anyways
Alright, then. But, I'd like to trust that people are using the same deck throughout.

Also, post your DN names here so I can add ya. Confirming your place in the tournament doesn't mean you have to duel anyone soon, you just have to at some point, so if I get confirmation from Trov, eco and maybe powerrave  (don't know what he meant by his latest post) I'll get the brackets up and we can sort out some dueling times.

Offline J

• I don’t give a dimmadamn
  • Rep: 4
  • I sexually identify as a tall hat
    • I don’t care
    • I don’t care
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: I don’t care
« Reply #277 on: April 22, 2016, 01:39:13 PM »
Monster - 17
3x Gold Gadget
3x Silver Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x Green Gadget
2x Summoner Monk
1x Jumbo Drill
2x Gem-Knight Garnet

Spell - 13
3x Brilliant Fusion
3x Double Summon
3x Twin Twister
3x Instant Fusion
1x Limiter Removal

Trap - 11
3x Call of the Haunted
3x Oasis of Dragon Souls
3x Storming Mirror Force
2x Jar of Avarice

Extra - 15
1x Norden
1x Restrict
2x Gem-Knight Seraph
1x Emeral
2x Gigant X
1x Delteros
2x Castel
1x Utopia
1x Utopia Lightning
1x Cyber Dragon Nova
1x Cyber Dragon Infinity
1x Shark Fortress

Total 41

Some Deck I made the other day, but in list form
Basically it's a funtimes.dek
I really need to get around to actually testing it on something like DevPro/etc

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #278 on: April 22, 2016, 02:41:01 PM »
Looks good but I hate the Brilliant engine. You joining the tournament, J?

Edit: Just saw those Pot of Avarices. What ban list you playing, J? Just get rid of 1 and you can play legally in the OCG.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #279 on: April 22, 2016, 03:36:31 PM »
DN name is the same as is on here