Author Topic: Naryar's DSL showcase - Oldschool DSL-S with 2.2  (Read 376613 times)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Naryar's DSL Evil Overlord's Showcase - IRL SHALL BE SLAIN BY MY HANDS
« Reply #1360 on: December 11, 2011, 07:37:11 AM »
You mean the Sawzal ripoff ? Most likely, but I didn't tested it.

AND PWN

WHY ARE YOU NOT SHOWCASING ANYMOAR

YOU WERE SO PROMISING

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1361 on: December 11, 2011, 09:23:37 AM »
(Image removed from quote.)

MIGHTY NARYAR'S FIERY WRATH. 5mm Steel, 10 ants, 6 large CO2's and you can see the rest.

Was mostly built for the rule of cool, as you can see, and for originality against better wedges. While i probably will be outwedged by damn near everyone with a wedge, i don't fear it. Now it needs a cool skin.
so....you made a DSL razorguy...congratulations..
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline TeamXtreemer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -6
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1362 on: December 11, 2011, 09:27:49 AM »
Why is my showcase in the secon page, and not SHINING as a paragon of what is RIGHT in bot building at first page ? Lemme fix that.

(Image removed from quote.)

Sooo 6 ants, 5mm plastic, NPC fasts, no need for insides really. Felt like slightly ripping off somebody.
Uhh, try making the chassis smaller, or making it small enough to fit the batteries and add 2 multi extenders. then put your weps on there.
hi

Offline ty4er

« Reply #1363 on: December 11, 2011, 09:30:42 AM »
He needs the chassis big enough for the NPC's to fit in.

DSL Showcase
is this bot don't lost all razors in a fight before do a damage thought

Offline TeamXtreemer

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: -6
  • hi
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1364 on: December 11, 2011, 09:31:14 AM »
put them on a multi extender.
hi

Offline dragonsteincole

• IRL Pack Guy
  • Rep: 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #1365 on: December 11, 2011, 09:33:20 AM »
If this is being right then i'm very glad to be wrong. ;) Looks very effective and efficient, well done you.

Offline ty4er

« Reply #1366 on: December 11, 2011, 09:34:41 AM »
then they aren't invincible.
DSL Showcase

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 8
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1367 on: December 11, 2011, 09:58:49 AM »
Exterior drive motors on MW SNS=Not good idea.

Decent, although I can see potential issues due to the lack of tourque of the pinks with that heavy a weapon system, kinda nullifying the knockback, although I could be wrong.

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
« Reply #1368 on: December 11, 2011, 10:15:44 AM »
Decent, although I can see potential issues due to the lack of tourque of the pinks with that heavy a weapon system, kinda nullifying the knockback, although I could be wrong.

Think of it as a regular SnS that exerts an extra push during contact. That's what made these things so deadly in Stock in the first place.
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1369 on: December 11, 2011, 10:34:09 AM »

Think of it as a regular SnS that exerts an extra push during contact. That's what made these things so deadly in Stock in the first place.
Yeah, but with stock people often used HP-Z-teks, which were as strong as the drive in most cases; that gave it a lot of extra push, while a Pink, with the weapon weight used, doesn't have much torque or speed, at least from my experience.

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1370 on: December 11, 2011, 10:36:23 AM »
Try a Chassis setup like Puncture, with a pair of NPCLF's and Technos. Should spin reasonably quickly, should be stable enough. Might need to mount the ME's sideways, and attach the extenders with the side AP to make them fit. They'll also protect the motors slightly if you do that.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline ty4er

« Reply #1371 on: December 11, 2011, 10:40:06 AM »

Yeah, but with stock people often used HP-Z-teks, which were as strong as the drive in most cases; that gave it a lot of extra push, while a Pink, with the weapon weight used, doesn't have much torque or speed, at least from my experience.
With this design, the piglets almost add to the speed of the bot in the weapon, so it hits as hard as the npc's and piglets combined.
DSL Showcase

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1372 on: December 11, 2011, 10:44:00 AM »
lawl TX this isn't the power levels of the BW weightclass, and these are NPC fasts. NPC fasts have 400 HP. If you want to give me advice, make it worth my time.

It's DAMN fast, and the razors go even faster with the piglets. I add to the primary rotational speed of the drive the secondary rotational speed of the piglets, as long as the piglets spin in the same way. Hell in the testing arena it's so fast that the wheels Trinity out of the motor's axles and the bot spazzes out. I'll have to reduce maximum spinspeed in the bindings.

And it's supposed to be a specialized anti-wedge by the way.

Also, yes I know it is a bit fragile, but it can't be anything else than a low-defense bot. I need speed and power to succeed. The whole thing's pretty much a gamble if a gut-ripper will reach my chassis or not.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1373 on: December 11, 2011, 10:53:14 AM »

With this design, the piglets almost add to the speed of the bot in the weapon, so it hits as hard as the npc's and piglets combined.
It may cause lots of damage but that's not what I'm trying to argue against.

Small spinner (as in the section attached to the piglet) with not produce as much knockback as weapon with greater diameter (see Snsnsnsnsnsnsnsnsnsnsns or whatever).
Weaker weapon motor is more likely to be forced backwards in contact with enemy bot, which may actually reducing knockback.
Important question is whether it actually does, as this is all theory from my own experiments.
I think that replacing the piglet with an axle with save weight for more razors. Just personal thought.

EDIT:
Scratch that, not enough HP with an axle.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1374 on: December 11, 2011, 11:00:18 AM »
Then it'll be a blatant clone of the CC4 SnSnS, or a clone of 123's full-rotation flail spinner. And I don't like axles, and axles have roughly 1/6th of piglet hitpoints.

Also a free axle will produce EVEN less knockback than a piglet, and will make this bot even more of a trinity SnS.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1375 on: December 11, 2011, 11:05:30 AM »
Then it'll be a blatant clone of the CC4 SnSnS, or a clone of 123's full-rotation flail spinner. And I don't like axles, and axles have roughly 1/6th of piglet hitpoints.

Also a free axle will produce EVEN less knockback than a piglet, and will make this bot even more of a trinity SnS.
And that's the problem. Said the hit points were too low in mah edit.
I just can't picture that being as effective as the alternatives. Prove me wrong, sure, but it isn't a design that works as effectively in MW form.

Offline Somebody

• Rep: 13
  • CP: +2
    • SomebodyofGTM
    • View Profile
    • My site
    • Awards
« Reply #1376 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:44 PM »
Honestly any advice I would give would turn it into the bot I won 2 Legit 2 Quit with.

I'll clone it an do some testing though. Looks to be invertible but a little lacking in weapons. Beater bars are better because they don't fall of as easily as razor tips. In a bot like this, you spend extra weight on the motors, so you must maximize durability. When you get to the HW level that changes but as a MW definitely find a substitution for the razors.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 08:57:46 PM by Somebody »
I built that big robot on that TV show that time

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1377 on: January 02, 2012, 05:53:58 PM »
Sooo that bot I started a long while ago, then did not finished it. I think it collected dust at 780 kg for nearly a year in my botlab.
Then I finished it. Changed the weapon setup which was asymetric because hexplates have silly AP's, and which ruined the wedge.

5mm Ti, NPC fasts, and MOAR RAZORS (actually 32). Yeah it's not the most efficient bot ever notably in frontal wedge and protection, but I wanted a cool chassis.

Offline madman3

• Giga Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1378 on: January 02, 2012, 05:57:02 PM »
Drums have kinda low HP. I'd try and axle load the E-Teks and mount a snowplow out front to protect them and the front of the chassis.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1379 on: January 02, 2012, 06:41:08 PM »
Who cares about drum HP in that design ? Hell it could be Alu 20's rather than drums and no one would care about HP. I'll lose most of my razors before losing my drums, and I don't care about losing my drums if my razors are gone.

The plow idea is a good one, as is the Alu 20... but it will give even less reach to razors.

Also why would I axle load the eteks ? I need to rebuild the design to mount a snowplow efficiently.