Author Topic: Mayhemist's DSL Showcase  (Read 1119 times)

Offline Mayhemist

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Mayhemist's DSL Showcase
« on: March 12, 2016, 09:32:53 PM »

This was a Bot I made a While ago on DSL 2.2, It started off as just a testing bot and I started to Play around with it and This Was born. I'm Not the Greatest at DSL (by that I mean I'm Horrible) and it would be awesome if you could share some ideas. (Sorry if the Image is Very big)

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Mayhemist's DSL Showcase
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 07:03:48 AM »
That's pretty good for a starting showcase. However, you need frontal armor and something to trap bots, and not very high chassis armor. Use plows in a wide V-setup.

Offline Mayhemist

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2016, 03:26:03 PM »
I just Made a few more bots today and they worked out really well.

I liked the Idea of The concussion only Sledge Hammers so I decided to Make a bot using them. They both have Titanium Armour (One has 3mm and one has 5mm). Also I'm not sure which blade to use For The first bot, I'm using the DSL Blade with Shark Teeth Attached to it and it's working pretty good for me.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2016, 03:30:12 PM »
we prefer to build realistically in DSL, that means no components must intersect unless they could possibly intersect in real life.

Offline doot

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2016, 05:11:14 PM »
I'd use something else for the spinning weapon on the VS you have. Maybe use something such as a bar spinner with sledgehammers, as that can hit hard and last for a while. I would also add stabilisers to avoid your first 'bot from toppling over on high-speed turns.

Also, work to the weight limit. Your VS is anorexic for a heavyweight, maybe use the weight on heavy plows or something similar to that.

I don't know what to say about the HS other than what Naryar said about making it realistic. (Mostly because I have yet to make a HS.)