Author Topic: Domanating's Showcase of nonsense  (Read 116907 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Domanating's Showcase of nonsense
« Reply #200 on: July 13, 2012, 08:42:24 PM »
i think he was just building it [popup] for rule of cool (like his other bots) and not max efficiency
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: July 13, 2012, 08:47:47 PM »
New bot designed to be insane.

(Image removed from quote.)

This bot had a previous version, which i soon upgraded to the current one

The biggest motor of the game powers the entire structure. 4 TWM3 weapon motors turn independently 4 simple bars while other 4 spin bars with dsl hammers 2 on each end. These all spin in an apparently mad way but to avoid unbalancing the bot, 4 spin in 1 direction and the other 4 in the opposite. To make matters worse, besides the hex plate protection and razor tips it has 16 flamethrowers. I was not able to reduce the weight to 1200kg because then it wouldn't be a mad bot as i planned it to be.

Btw, armor is titanium 5mm and that weird pole in the center of the structure is not ornamental but it helps the bot to upright itself if it gets flipped.

>Hard hitter
>Lots and lots of weapons for multiple targets
>fast and very agile
>tough armor
>repels opponents weapons with ease

>If wedgy bots successfully pass the inferno, they can easily flip and damage the chassis if they have the right weapon for it.
>Too much torque spins the chassis as well and disables its ability to move decently.
>Sometimes it tends to be a bit jumpy at higher speeds compromising the chassis for wedgy bots.
put the razors&flamethrowers on flails(to increase fire length,damage, and overall coolness) and you're done.

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2012, 12:26:39 AM »
put the razors&flamethrowers on flails(to increase fire length,damage, and overall coolness) and you're done.
Havok bomb incoming.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:05 AM »
By all that is manly, that is incredible !

Is this guy the new joeblo, excepted far more awesome ?

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2012, 04:15:39 AM »
Havok bomb incoming.
eh?  FSSes doesn't always havok when one of their flails gets ripped off.(plus, it'll be really cool when the flames from the flamethrower flail in the wind)

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2012, 04:33:50 AM »
Havok bomb incoming.
eh?  FSSes doesn't always havok when one of their flails gets ripped off.(plus, it'll be really cool when the flames from the flamethrower flail in the wind)

>obviously has never built a FSS before
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Gauche Suede

• Ultra Heavyweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2012, 05:08:57 AM »
Havok bomb incoming.

>obviously has never built a FSS before

mine

Offline Pwnator

• Rep: 15
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • http://pwnator.tumblr.com
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2012, 05:22:55 AM »
Yours spins far too slowly to give a flail any drastic effect when it breaks off, unless it gets hit hard by something else.

Have you even tested your bot extensively?
Clash Cubes 1 - Grey Matter (Runner-Up)
King of Karnage - Sideshow Freak (Runner-Up, Best Engineered)
Rust In Pieces - Paper Cut 3 (Grand Champion, Most Dangerous Bot)
Wheely Tag Tournament - Ion Thruster (Grand Champion, along with Ounces' DiSemboweLment)
UK vs USA - Dark Striker (Grand Champion)
Rust In Pieces 2 - Claymore (Runner-Up, Favourite Bot)
BBEANS 6 - Infection 4 (Runner-Up)
RA2 Team Championships - Serious Business, Skeksis (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, and Badnik)
RA2 Team Championships 2 - The Other Stig (Runner-Up, along with Scrappy, S_M, Badnik, 090901, and R1885)
Replica Wars 3 - Abaddon (Runner-Up, Luckiest Bot)
BroBots - wheebot & yaybot (Runner-Up)
Robo Zone 2 - Dipper (4th place, Survival Champion, & Best Axle Bot)
ARBBC - The Covenant (3rd place, BW Rumble Winner, Most Feared BW)

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2012, 05:24:39 AM »
Gauche, I honestly think Domanating does NOT need your advice, nor does he need any from us anyway, since he is doing extremely well without any advice anyways.

Besides, adding flails will make it even more of a havok bomb that it is already, and probably lag the game to death. You have built a standard FSS, and not some crazy stuff like this.

Offline JoeBlo

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2012, 07:07:38 AM »
Is this guy the new joeblo, excepted far more awesome ?

One and only, accept no substitutes :P

on the other hand.. I think this thread has inspired me to finally build again...

They sure as heck do if your suggesting putting flamethrowers on them.. in fact just a touch can cause a havok, fail flamers are much safer (but still havoky) on SnS robots

Offline Domanating

• Rep: 18
  • It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2012, 09:10:13 AM »
i think he was just building it [popup] for rule of cool (like his other bots) and not max efficiency

That is correct. I know i exaggerated in the description. The "popup" bot as you say it isn't that tough but it is able to withstand a lot of damage and remain intact. It wasn't made to survive every type of opponent, it has obvious limitations. When i post bots that aren't made to fight i clearly state that in the description ("Energy core" is one example). In this case it is reasonably effective in battle so it's my fault for overpowering it in the description.   

I don't have much experience with flails but i think there is no harm in giving ideas. I see that pretty much everyone is against flails in this case but it's just an opinion.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2012, 12:48:31 PM »
so much awesomeness here :D

Offline Clickbeetle

• In Soviet Russia, bugs stomp YOU!
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Beetle Bros site
    • Awards
« Reply #212 on: July 30, 2012, 09:42:03 PM »
bump

First of all I just saw the famous crocodile bot (I missed it before because my internet was slow) and I must throw in the obligatory "that bot is the RA2 equivalent of Mechadon" comment.

Second of all, I'm bumping because I have an idea why your prototype works better than all your other attempts at walkers.  It may be because it has wheels for feet.

Walkers are so difficult to build in RA2 mainly because nothing has very much friction.  Feet tend to slide across the floor without moving the bot, as I'm sure you've discovered.  But wheels actually do have some friction.  You can see this if you build a piston-propelled bot and then put a wheel on it; it moves much slower with the wheel and doesn't slide like it's on ice so much.

So if you put wheels on the feet of some of your other walkers, they might start working better.  :bigsmile:

To lack feeling is to be dead, but to act on every feeling is to be a child.
-Brandon Sanderson, The Way of Kings

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #213 on: July 31, 2012, 02:46:32 AM »
Second of all, I'm bumping because I have an idea why your prototype works better than all your other attempts at walkers.  It may be because it has wheels for feet.

Walkers are so difficult to build in RA2 mainly because nothing has very much friction.  Feet tend to slide across the floor without moving the bot, as I'm sure you've discovered.  But wheels actually do have some friction.  You can see this if you build a piston-propelled bot and then put a wheel on it; it moves much slower with the wheel and doesn't slide like it's on ice so much.

So if you put wheels on the feet of some of your other walkers, they might start working better.  :bigsmile:

Of course it is this !

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #214 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:07 AM »
Hi all! I'm back, but not for long. My disappearances will be a usual thing so don't bother. :baffled:
I hope everyone enjoyed the summer holidays!

since my last post I've been away from RA2 until today when i had a bot idea that was stuck into my head. shortly after another mad bot idea came along.

But before posting my bots, Clickbeetle, Yes i did deduce that using wheels as feet would make it easier for walkers to walk. However I tried without them in other bots just because it seemed ugly, that's all  :smile:. As an insect lover i tend to build long and skinny bots and i tried making spike like feet just to make more skinny and disturbing looking walker bots. But i had no success doing it precisely because of the lack of friction as you mentioned.

Originally built for the rule of cool, this bot has proven to excel in combat. Instead of competing against other wedge bots for top wedginess, this one will gladly climb on to the other bots dealing a lot of damage with its 4 medium2 pistons and razor spikes. Surprisingly the very design of the bot makes it very efficient against most spinner bots. A thing that i didn't count on.

>Very fast and stable even with the weird wheel configuration;
>Plentiful and powerful armament;
>The chassis is relatively safe from damage;
>By turning a weakness into a strong point it is able to deal with a lot of different bots;
>Able to upright itself if flipped by using the left or right pistons independently, the momentum of the firing pistons is enough to upright to bot back on its wheels.

>Poorly protected wheels;
>Very long bot with slow turning.

And now a merciless monster made in a very short time mostly for fun actually. Quite a simple design in my opinion but TOO DAMN POWERFUL! If This thing is able to out wedge the opponent into the killing area it's hardly believable that it will survive. However it isn't that efficient.

>Powerful as heck! Amazing killing power!
>Fast;
>Good wedginess.

>Even with 6 wheels and nice motors it has slow turning;
>Very large wide and clumsy bot makes it hard to get the opponents if they get behind;
>Very ineffective against popup bots because of their combined speed and super wedginess. (6 different popup bots were used and all were replayed at least one time, Benediction lost all battles against them)

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #215 on: September 19, 2012, 11:24:45 AM »
Heeeee's baaaaaaaaack...

Both pretty cool looking bots you have there, does Hell Gazer tip easily? And does it have a srimech?

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #216 on: September 19, 2012, 11:34:45 AM »
i bet the razer claw hammer completely rapes shell spinners ?

and yeah, hammer bots dont tend to have god-teir wedges since they have all that weight up there making it topheavy
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #217 on: September 19, 2012, 12:05:20 PM »
Both pretty cool looking bots you have there, does Hell Gazer tip easily? And does it have a srimech?

For the 1st question, actually no. It's very stable and the wheel configuration allows a slower controlled turning that won't flip it over. It is well balanced even for a long bot. I might dare to say that it's perfect. A little more speed would make it tip over easily on turning. A little bit slower would ruin it's average agility.
For the 2nd question, yes it has. I already mentioned in the description. But i didn't know that the gadget was called srimech. However it's not by using burst motors as usual but by using the pistons' power to upright it. i'll try to remember that word for future bots.

i bet the razer claw hammer completely rapes shell spinners ?

Yup and it does it so nicely

Offline Mecha

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #218 on: September 19, 2012, 12:18:20 PM »
Benediction is probably my new favorite DSL bot. :D

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #219 on: September 19, 2012, 06:14:32 PM »

Here's another design. I tried to make a bike that could be battle effective. But unfortunately it will only be here for looks. It has powerful weapons and it's very fast but even with a fully working rotating front "wheel" it has no agility whatsoever. It takes a lot of time to turn, which in turn removes all of its effectiveness. It can take out some bots but not enough for me to consider it good for battle.