Author Topic: Domanating's Showcase of nonsense  (Read 114210 times)

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Domanating's Showcase of nonsense
« Reply #60 on: May 05, 2012, 08:18:32 PM »
Excellent concept. If you can somehow manage to shrink it down to 1200kg, then I reckon that could be a killer if done correctly. You've got a LOT of weight to play with, however, so I might consider adding something to prevent opponents escaping from the back, or swap the Long Ramplates for normal ones. Long Ramplates are rather inefficient.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Virus Bomb

« Reply #61 on: May 05, 2012, 08:22:30 PM »
Looks cool. I would build it up to 5000kgs but it your choice what you want to with it.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: May 05, 2012, 08:29:54 PM »
fight the uhw's instead of having a 2200+ kg advantage over the hw's

Where do i get AI bots of the other heavy weights? in Dsl2 there's only the heavy weight
nar ai

I already installed that. Not only i didn't find any super or ultra heavy weights not every team has a uhw, just keep looking on every team for one but some AI bots crashed the game when loading them into a battle did you install the components ?
i am assuming that you have v2.7
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2012, 09:01:16 PM »
Id try and get the design down to a shw, 1200kg, because once you get to uhw bots become gignatic which is exactly the opposite of what you need with this design

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: May 06, 2012, 04:31:18 AM »
Dude... He's back!  :mrgreen: Love the new bot, like everyone else is saying I'd try to shrink it down a bit. Looks like a lag moster, is it?

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: May 06, 2012, 05:17:22 AM »
Good to see a promising builder back.

You've got great, highly original, ideas and you put them into practice, but they could be executed quite a bit better, most notably your bots are a bit fragile and could be made lighter, as well as sometimes questionable component choice.

You would do well to learn efficiency. Have you read my building tutorials for DSL ? They are incomplete though so you would do good to lurk in other showcases and see how a builder's skill is shaped towards efficiency.

Now I feel like ripping off your bot and make it more efficient. (It's not a clone if it's better than the original :P)

Offline Jonzu95

• Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: -27
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: May 06, 2012, 06:19:25 AM »
I must be high

Offline Domanating

• Rep: 18
  • It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: May 06, 2012, 04:04:21 PM »
First of all thanks to everyone for the nice comments and critics, they're always welcome :mrgreen:

Naryar, i must agree with you that many of my bots are fragile. They aren't at all compact, instead they are very wide. "Hideous Beast" was not planned to be so wide. The Etek drive motors were the main blame since i couldn't fit them in the chassis. So i made a structure to attach the motors in place. To avoid exposure i decided to point the motors inwards so that the structure itself could provide some protection which made the bot even wider and fragile looking.
If you're referring to the tutorial in the wiki, yes i did check it. I may say that i totally violated this rule:

"Unless you know what SwitchDirEcoOmni.py (i have no idea what this might be) is and are ready to use it, don't put weapons on your back. It is better to focus all your attack power on the front like most real life combat robots do."

:baffled:

fight the uhw's instead of having a 2200+ kg advantage over the hw's

Where do i get AI bots of the other heavy weights? in Dsl2 there's only the heavy weight
nar ai

I already installed that. Not only i didn't find any super or ultra heavy weights not every team has a uhw, just keep looking on every team for one but some AI bots crashed the game when loading them into a battle did you install the components ?
i am assuming that you have v2.7

Yes i have 2.7. I decided to reinstall and it looks like i missed to install something at 1st time. Now the looks are completely different with a lava or fire background. A nice new display in general. Unfortunately the colors are killing my eyes so i need to to disable this.

Even though everything seems ok now (bots that didn't work, now do) one new weapon, the "nightmare disc", seems to be crashing the game whenever i select it. Plus a lot of components are repeating themselves. I disabled the "components.cfz" as it was asked but they are still doubled. Only about 15 items double like anchors and anglers.

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: May 06, 2012, 04:12:00 PM »
SwitchDirEcoOmni.py is something that permits you to AI a bot so it can use weapons on it's back.

Also you should have deleted your components folder AND components.cfz, and then add the components folder from NAR AI in your RA2 directory.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: May 06, 2012, 04:57:54 PM »
the "nightmare disc", seems to be crashing the game whenever i select it.
yeah that part will do that no matter what you do, you'll need to bfe it on (it wont be cheating)
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: May 06, 2012, 05:32:32 PM »
SwitchDirEcoOmni.py is something that permits you to AI a bot so it can use weapons on it's back.

Also you should have deleted your components folder AND components.cfz, and then add the components folder from NAR AI in your RA2 directory.

Deleted the old components folder this time;
Added a fresh components folder from NarAi download;
Kept "components.cfz" disabled;

The result:

It gets worse, now the flamethrower and ballast disappear from the item selection.
In the pic there's the example of the flamethrower that's missing. It's one of the components that doubles (yes the double components bug is still present). Whenever i click on those empty rectangles the game crashes.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: May 06, 2012, 05:34:59 PM »
i'd try:

make a new folder
move components.cfz to that folder
delete components folder
copypaste nar ai components as the new components folder

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: May 06, 2012, 05:44:15 PM »
i'd try:

make a new folder
move components.cfz to that folder
delete components folder
copypaste nar ai components as the new components folder

I'm quite amazed to say this but you were right. I just had to move the components.cfz to another place or just delete it. Disabling the files (putting a "-" behind the folder name) always worked for me. This is the 1st game that doesn't obey to this rule. I was so convinced about this technique that i never even bothered deleting or moving the file  :embarr
Not anymore!

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: May 06, 2012, 05:58:52 PM »
Many of you requested making my last bot a SHW. I gave a shot but i had to remove a lot of necessary components that would make it function better. You may notice that there's lot of empty space but i needed to make the chassis tall enough to hold the huge burst motors.

It's definitely faster and more agile but way more ineffective. The burst motors simply cannot lift even MW bot and the bot itself will fall forward due to lack of weight. In this case I would rather remove the flippers and put those rolling pins on the front and its performance in battle would be much better.

I'll maybe try to give another try on this one. Any advice is welcome

Offline NFX

• Rep: 11
  • SliSliSliSliSliSliSliSli(0)
    • AwesomeFish921
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: May 06, 2012, 06:32:06 PM »
Hmm. It's pretty good for a first try, you're sticking to the principles of the original. What would help in getting the opponents into the drums, and getting the chassis lower, is if you just made the front of the chassis a sort of entry ramp, and didn't bother with the Betas at all. You'd need to get some substantial drive to make sure you get the opponent up the wedge enough and into the rollers, and you'd also need to make sure the opponent didn't fly straight over. Perhaps angled steel skirts sticking out the back would act as both trappers and stabilisers, making sure you didn't get knocked over by the flying opponent.
Co-creator of The RA2 Randomiser

Offline Naryar

• hybrids oui oui
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: May 06, 2012, 07:20:57 PM »
Ballasts are indeed deleted from NAR AI, but flamethrowers ? hmm.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: May 06, 2012, 07:34:28 PM »
yeah i agree with nfx you should put a plow on there so faster bots cant just fly over (see neglected waterbug)

Ballasts are indeed deleted from NAR AI, but flamethrowers ? hmm.
theres the bfff flamethrower and that lu-tze flame spike in nar ai

Offline Domanating

• It's Personal
    • Domanating2008
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: May 10, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »
The following bot was based in NFX advice and is a SHW like many of you asked for:

Not as effective as "Hideous Beast" but it's still a dangerous opponent. It has a good performance in battle. It's a hard target but it's weak against spinning bots. Some times, if not enough speed is gained, the opponent stays half way to the rolling pins but it's not a problem. Beneath the chassis hide 2 spiked clubs powered by small burst motors ready to give those bots a surprise. Sometimes those clubs are able to flip the opponents but it's rare.

>Extremely fast and agile. More than enough speed to take any adversary to the deadly spiked rolling pins.
>Although large, its low silhouette make it hard to target and usually most opponents will literally fly over it when charging.
>There's a 70% chance that the bot will recover from a flip (from my experience in battle)
>With the help of the back wedge, this bot can be effectively attack from behind as well but that can mean sacrificing the rear plow

>Spinning opponents can take apart this bot unless they are small in diameter
>Exposed wheels are the main concern.
>The rear plow can stop the opponents from flying over the main weapon but it isn't 100% guaranteed.
>Large robot. Hard to maneuver at corners and small arenas.

Offline MassimoV

• I Move Weight
  • Rep: 24
  • I make rap for people of Serbia
    • MassimoVTV
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Mourning Glory
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: May 10, 2012, 06:18:05 PM »
Pretty cool even though it seems kinda clumsy. Mount your wedges on metal hinges.

Offline Mr. AS

• robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: May 10, 2012, 06:37:53 PM »
skirt hinge wedges tend to blow, try out metal hinges for wedges