Author Topic: The 100 Most Memorable RA2 Robots Of All Time  (Read 58126 times)

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: The 100 Most Memorable RA2 Robots Of All Time
« Reply #320 on: June 18, 2013, 02:42:52 PM »
Why is Toriodore on there?
why are ANY irl robots on there for that matter?
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #321 on: June 18, 2013, 04:16:02 PM »
Yeah IDK why I put Toriodore there

It's not on the final list

Offline Kossokei

• Mr. Kurtsokei
  • Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • You better believe it.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: ...is more dangerous...
« Reply #322 on: June 18, 2013, 05:53:26 PM »
Why is Toriodore on there?
why are ANY irl robots on there for that matter?
the International Reich of Legitimacy shall prevail over the heretics.

Offline G.K.

• Rep: 10
  • Striving for a good personal text since 1994.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #323 on: June 18, 2013, 05:55:40 PM »
Would personally lose the Wild Robots & IRL bots, as well as AntonYYYm, Caesium and Final Z. Possibly IWGS, Insectoid and Ion, though I'd be happy to see them stay. Destroyer's reasoning is wrong but I think it should still be there.

I don't know The Infinite, Second Sunrise, Lame HS, Radical Disturbance.

Perhaps put in Little Cube, 2-Sinister and COID?
My above post explains everything about everything.

Host of: Wheely Tag, Back To The Beginnings, BTTB 2, BTTB 3, BTTB 4, & BTTB V.

Heavy Metal: Champion (Mockery of the Whole Concept)
Robotic International Wars Series 1: Champion (Minifridge 6)
RA2 Team Championships 1 & 2: Champion (High Speed Train & Upthrust - as part of Naryar's Not Quite Evil Council of Doom)

Runner Up in: The Amazing Rage (Team Fedex), R0B0NOVA (Zaphod Stock), Steel Warzone (Inception of Instability), Box of Nightmares (Gicquel), Wheely Tag (Minifridge the Second)

Clash Cubes IV: 5th place (Fretless)
BBEANS 6: Rumble Winner & 6th Place (Minifridge 4)

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
    • Badnik96GTM
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • BattleBots Wiki
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: June 18, 2013, 05:59:21 PM »
Caesium and the WR/AON bots are gone. So is Radial Disturbance IIRC.

Offline Venko

« Reply #325 on: June 18, 2013, 06:14:58 PM »
...I can kill every single bot that is on the list...
*cough*The Infinite*cough* :mrgreen:

@ G.K. : "The Infinte" series is a legend in the stock UHW building/stacking since 2008, here is the BOTM April 2013 winner as a representative of what "The Infinte" is, plus (the 2nd and 3rd pics) the first one :

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #326 on: June 18, 2013, 06:32:37 PM »
Well you are right about that, I don't intend to build something that size in stock.

Although hex mode does exist nowadays, so building something larger should be possible.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:57:35 PM by 123savethewhales »

Offline Venko

« Reply #327 on: June 18, 2013, 07:05:42 PM »
Did anyone still have the pic of the ORIGINAL stock bot, that could actually glitch it's razors inside the opponent's chassis, doing trillions of damage (originaly built by Artitan/Pete Lefeu, it was called Sting, and the sequel was called Devil Incarnation).
I want to crack and adapt this glitch to my stock bots  :evilsmile:

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #328 on: June 18, 2013, 07:07:14 PM »
Did anyone still have the pic of the ORIGINAL stock bot, that could actually glitch it's razors inside the opponent's chassis, doing trillions of damage (originaly built by Artitan/Pete Lefeu, it was called Sting, and the sequel was called Devil Incarnation).
Like I said earlier, I'm pretty sure someone said it was fake a long time ago and it was just razors edited to have a sh** ton of damage

Offline Venko

« Reply #329 on: June 18, 2013, 07:40:46 PM »
First, we are not 100% sure, that this is true, just cos some guy said it, maybe he is trying to hide that black magic...
And second, I'm going to try it anyway  :evilsmile:
Who knows, I discovered the "VENKO'S UBER WEDGES" accidently too.

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #330 on: June 18, 2013, 08:12:21 PM »
Glitching stuff inside something else actually happens occasionally in DSL due to the amount of flail spams.  While it would cause some havok, it won't actually result in super damage.  They will just spin around, dealing minor damage in the teens in a slow fixed interval.

You are of course free to experiment with the physics of course, since you never know what you might find.

Offline Venko

« Reply #331 on: June 18, 2013, 08:23:18 PM »
You are of course free to experiment with the physics of course, since you never know what you might find.
^ QFT. IMO, in RA2 it repays to be a crazy experimentator.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #332 on: June 19, 2013, 01:23:19 AM »
i'm pretty sure it'll get banned and breaks the controlled movement rule.

Offline Venko

« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2013, 11:00:24 AM »
How it breaks it? How the CN breaks it too? It's not like I'm trying to enter with a crawler or something... Instead of banning the uber ghey cheaty 140 squares and the uberstack, the people are banning my innovations (Cheap Norris - already banned, Venko's magic uber wedges - ban proposed by Maz, possible future uber damage - ban proposed by Nar, or whatever), made to replace the eons old boring clasic bot types. If my bots are "that" much scary, people just can ban me from entering anywhere - problem solved. The banning of every bot I built lately (even if it fits in the rules on paper) is kinda insultive, not right and it hurts for the builder. All, keep that politics, and let's see what will happen.

Offline AlexGRFan97

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: -7
  • Cheeki Breeki.
    • AlexGRFan97
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #334 on: June 19, 2013, 11:33:33 AM »
I personally think Venko's inventions should be embraced rather than being sanctioned right away. If you want to beat him, come up with something new or enter a similar robot and fight fire with fire. Seriously, Stock is not going to move anywhere and will stagnate/die if the latest innovations continue to be simply banned up front. There is no Realistic Rule in Stock so there shouldn't be a need to ban certain building styles unless the person responsible is actually cheating (Cheatbot2). Manipulating the game's physics to your advantage is skill, not cheating.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #335 on: June 19, 2013, 11:55:19 AM »
How it breaks it? How the CN breaks it too? It's not like I'm trying to enter with a crawler or something... Instead of banning the uber ghey cheaty 140 squares and the uberstack, the people are banning my innovations (Cheap Norris - already banned, Venko's magic uber wedges - ban proposed by Maz, possible future uber damage - ban proposed by Nar, or whatever), made to replace the eons old boring clasic bot types. If my bots are "that" much scary, people just can ban me from entering anywhere - problem solved. The banning of every bot I built lately (even if it fits in the rules on paper) is kinda insultive, not right and it hurts for the builder. All, keep that politics, and let's see what will happen.
i dont think it helped that you named it "cheap norris"
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Venko

« Reply #336 on: June 19, 2013, 12:24:25 PM »
i dont think it helped that you named it "cheap norris"
Probably, but why a name of a bot even matters here? I named the bot like this, cos it was using the "cheap" 140s, which I hate. It's basically like this : ClickB makes "Hide and Seek" multibot for "Clash of the titans" - "clever use of game mechanics" and clever ClikcB; Venko makes a legal VS/HS hybrid with 2WD, with a powered drive motors, nothing touches the ground initially or without breaking the extenders - "UBER CHEATY BOT ALARM" started by some users, that don't like me. Is this fair? If it's someone else - OK, if it's Venko - problems, problems, problems... Also, remember, cheap =/= illegal. And one question to everyone : what if I built CN with some extender protection, where is the borderline between the "legal" VS/legged bot and CN? How much weight to spend for an extender protection? Why Insect is legal, cos of 4 swords? What if I remove some chassis protection and add 4 sowrds to CN? Will it be "legal" then? CN is imposible to build without the 140s (Trov saw the useless no-140s version), this was my punishment to 090901 for allowing the 140s, that was in my mind when I said, that "I entered as a part of my anti-140s tactic". When I see, that the 140s are allowed somewhere, I enter with a bot, that it's imposible without them, so if I win, I can say : If you wouldn't allowed them, this would never happen :) Although, I didn't won with CN, it's not that much of advantage or immortal.

Now, I will quit spamming this thread.

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #337 on: June 19, 2013, 04:33:53 PM »
Fight or Flight must be in this. It IS the most known clamp and the most copied clamp as well.

also has a badass name.

Offline markman798

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #338 on: June 28, 2013, 03:04:09 AM »
This isnt a suggestion, but did anyone think ripblade for countless havok explosions?

Offline playzooki

• A title is a prefix or suffix added to someone's name in certain contexts. It may signify either veneration, an official position or a professional or academic qualification. In some languages, titles may be inserted before a last name (for example,
  • Rep: -34
    • View Profile
    • click to download more ram
    • Awards
« Reply #339 on: June 28, 2013, 12:50:29 PM »
Hide and Seek was memorable purely for it clever and funny tactics