Author Topic: RA2GE: Legends Unleashed!-- RPG Character Signup!  (Read 15283 times)

Offline Gigafrost

• Rep: 0
  • You'll never know what I'll think of next.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RA2GE: Legends Unleashed!-- RPG Character Signup!
« on: August 03, 2008, 03:45:24 PM »
Now that RA2GE is at full throttle and is finally lifting off the ground (or my desktop for that manner), I think it is time to get a head start on my next release for you all to experience. Robot Arena 2 Gigafrost Edition: Legends Unleashed!

Right now however, I would like to instead, give the opportunity for you guys to become a part of the pack as well. As I have explained to madiaba yesterday during a msn messenger discussion:

"I want to have you guys as rpg characters in Legends Unleashed. Everyone will have an array of characters that I will make to choose from (all different from each other), and they can also tell me of any extra details they would like to see on their choice, or just tell me what they would like their character to look like. These characters will replace the Elite." Being that the Elite are going to be defeated by a newer dark force (TBA).

Each of you will be given a character (in respect to the number of entries) and your own flash movie that describes you, of which I will create. However, each character must have an AI team (3 bots per team) and any extra components that you want to add into your "portfolio", or in other words, your unlockable. Red Dude and Blue Dude will explain users about your skills, abilities, and even your attitude as a character. Which is largely based on your attitude (the way you type) on these forums.

Also remember that you don't have to create components if you don't want to. But if you do, they CANNOT be already released mods. I want the user to not know what to expect when they unlock you as an unlockable. Custom Arenas are also nice too! But be sure to make one that talks about yourself as well. Reskins of a stock arena IS ALLOWED, Reskins of a stock component IS NOT.

As a final note, I would also like to say that I would really appreciate it if there are any notable members on this forum that would also like to be a character in the game (i.e. ACAMS, goose, mad, CB, psy, Inf, etc.). It would mean a lot to me for your support and would make the storyboard of my pack even more entertaining! But ANY member is welcome!

For a list of some of the notable members, click here.

There are 20 entries total: If you are interested, please let me know through a post or pm, on how you are going to contribute. There are three ways that you can, as I stated earlier:

-Only create an AI team
-Create an AI team and components or Arena
-Create an AI team, components, and an Arena/Arena reskin

After you finish any of the three, just email them to me via mail xj(nospam)gold@hotmail.com (delete parenthesized message), or through a private message. If you have any questions or comments type away! Thank you for replies!

NEW! The Deadline for these entries is the 20th of October, if time allows...

Entries and status:

1- madiaba
-AI Team (Pending) (1 Change Left)
-Components (Pending)
-Arenas (Pending)

2- R0B0SH4RK
-AI Team (AI Team Recieved!) (1 Change Left)

3- Dragonfire
-AI Team (AI Team Received!)
(1 Change Left)

4- Psycolone
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)

5- andrewm0304
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)

6- Death (name change requested)
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)
-Arenas (Pending)
-Components (made by Gigafrost)

7- Scrap Daddy
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)

8- kill343gs
-AI Team (Team Recieved!)
(1 Change Left)
-Arenas (Arena Recieved!)

9- System32
-AI Team (Team Received!)
(1 Change Left)

10- Flying_Chao
(1 Change Left)
-Arenas(Pending)

11- Sombody
(1 Change Left)

12- Urjak
(1 Change Left)

13- Piecowmoo
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)

14- infiniteinertia
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)

15- Naryar
-AI Team (Pending)
(1 Change Left)
-Arenas (Pending)

16- H@zm47
-AI Team (Pending) (1 Change Left)
-Arenas (Pending)

17- CLOSED

18- CLOSED

19- CLOSED

20- CLOSED

ATTENTION! - IF YOU ALREADY SIGNED UP, YOU MUST DESCRIBE YOUR CHARACTER IN THE CHARACTER DISCUSSION THREAD! THIS IS MANDATORY!

I need to know what your character looks like so I know what to draw.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2008, 10:33:59 AM by Gigafrost »

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 07:18:37 PM »
I'll do it :D. I'm terrible at making components, but I'll make an AI team and reskin an arena.

EDIT: Will the AI teams be six bots or three bots?

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2008, 08:29:15 PM »
Thats fine! As for the number of bots, only three. Trying to use the same rules as the previous version.

Edit Describing some of the new features: There will be more features at your disposal as opposed to the powerful RA2GE mix of available items. Here are a few:
- Flash Movies: Within the RA2GE: LU directory there will be a new folder called My Movies. When you unlock a character and access the movie app, it will automatically install to that location to store movies in. Tune into them to watch a clip or two of a made-up bio of yourselves, your respect, and life as a bot builder in the world of RA2GE: LU.

- Update Link 2.0: As if you thought the Update link was cool, Update Link 2.0 gives you more specific options to play around with in terms of the types of updates you are looking for. The user will be able to click on different categories such as Security, Components, Arenas, Backgrounds, and much more! Also expect that all downloads under 20 MB will be directly downloaded to you from the RA2GE website; eliminating the need to go and search for the download button in mediafire or the unreliable megaupload site. Along with that, users will be reminded when a new update is available. Kind of simular to recieving na update notification for windows xp.

- AUS2: The AI Unlockable System 2 is going in a totally different direction from its predecessor... EXE! Once unlocked users can simply click on the prize application file, and it will automatically go into the proper folder of the directory.

- 'Smart AI' Updates: Also yet another system I have created other than the AUS is a totally new and different semi-artificial intelligence called Smart AI Updates. This system will randomly give minor tweaks to the most beaten AI (or easiest) by the community. This will be done through the Smart AI button on the Update Link 2.0 website. Once clicked, the user will be asked some random poll questions in relation to the AI teams. Once the feedback is given back to the database, I will receive info on exactly how to tweak which team, which I will send back through a downloadable Update.

And that is just some of it...
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 01:14:09 PM by Gigafrost »

Offline andrewm0304

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2008, 11:41:49 PM »
I'll try my hand at an AI Team, this sounds like a cool idea. Glad to see someone coming up with new things for the game. :)

Offline Death

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2008, 12:58:07 AM »
ME!

I want a different name than death though.

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2008, 02:26:04 AM »
Ok, Death. What are you going to contribute? Also, would you like me to pick a name for you or do you want to choose it?

got you down andrew, thanks so much you guys for your interest so far!

Editted first page.

Offline System32

• Rep: 4
  • Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2008, 09:55:04 AM »
Oh! Oh! Sign me up! Please?
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Flying_Chao

• Unified Utopian State Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »
I'm still a little confused about what this is about....

Offline Scrap Daddy

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2008, 12:00:10 PM »
I will make a team.

Offline kill343gs

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2008, 03:15:00 PM »
I'll play along. I'll make a team and an arena reskin. Are we using stock RA2 to make this or your already existing game update? Because I don't have a copy of your game.

For once the mods did something right
#MakeGTMGreatAgain

Offline Death

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2008, 03:57:53 PM »
I know what I want mine to be. could you help a little with the components? It's a bit too complex for me at the moment. and reskinning an area will be easy, so I'll do that. but for components, I need help with.

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2008, 06:31:52 PM »
@ flying chao - you are basically seeing what you can contribute to the pack (through an AI pack, arena etc.), that would form yourself as a character in the game. Afterwards, i will also make a character set that you will choose from, which will be your appearance in your flash movie (the thing that taks about you once unlocked).

@System32- Ok, what will you contribute?

@kill- You can just use stock RA2.

@Death- You don't have to create components if you don't know how, and I only use the GMF Editor program to edit existing stock components. I will make you components but don't expect anything elaborate like madiabas masterpeices!

Offline System32

• Reality
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2008, 06:43:16 PM »
Me, Some of the weirdest bots that can be AI'ed. Not to mention Improved remakes of my old bots. I will make my bots better but only on firepower and Aesthetics, and I shall also make them as realistic as possible.
Put this onto your signature if you were part of this crappy fad in '03.

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2008, 06:55:50 PM »
Sounds good. Editted.

Only 11 slots left... And entries are starting to rush in! Better hurry if you want to be an important part of Legends Unleashed, and haven't yet!

Offline pyscolone

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2008, 10:26:39 PM »
oh boy are you gonna love this team

Offline Gigafrost

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2008, 11:53:01 PM »
I can only imagine. I always loved your robot designs.

Are you making popups?

Offline Death

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2008, 01:42:15 AM »
you see, that editing GMF stuff is a bit too complex for me. it's all this crazy stuff at once.
you see, I WANT to create custom components, but I don't know how. and since skinning components isn't an option, then it makes it even tougher. as for the arena's, as far as I'm concerned, all you have to do is reskin the textures right? and do the AI bots have to be completely original or can we take a bot based on what you want and go from there? (are dsl components allowed?) will I ask more questions? :P

Offline Venko

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2008, 02:01:52 AM »
I need some more info about how bots must look too, and if i have time i may try to enter...

Offline R0B0SH4RK

• Rep: 8
  • There is epic to my madness.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2008, 02:35:21 AM »
From what I understand, the bots are entirely up to you for whatever you want to create. There must be one LW, one MW, and one HW from what I can figure out. Also, since this is an add-on to stock, DSL components are porbably not allowed. But, I'm not Gigafrost, so I can't verify these.

Offline infiniteinertia

• Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2008, 09:31:21 AM »
6 per team? 3 per team?

I can easily get a team of 2 LW, MW, and HW together (From 121 bots >:] hehe)

does there have to be a color scheme i must go by?
#MakeStockGreatAgain

#BANtheHS The Movement