Author Topic: One of the most controversial matches in Robot Wars history...  (Read 2947 times)

Offline Tobester

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
One of the most controversial matches in Robot Wars history...
« on: November 08, 2015, 05:17:30 PM »
Some of you may remember this extremely controversial match demonstrated by the Robot Wars series between two of the best built robots in history (IMO)....

Storm II vs Typhoon 2

Now... In RA2 I've been fiddling around with components and sounds to make Typhoon 2 as much like real life as possible, because it's my favourite so I decided to pair it up in a match to see if it would actually fair well and look more fair than the real battle... haha.

ALSO if anyone can help with increasing the stability of Typhoon that'd be great... I've found that I can't go above a certain speed and there are certain parts of the arena that I can spin up in or else i'll just 'ragdoll' across the arena, you can see it in this clip a little:

If you're wondering how I got the sound for Typhoon it was just a stock petrol generator sound in place of the original sound for the motor (6 Mag Gearbox).

Offline cephalopod

Re: One of the most controversial matches in Robot Wars history...
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2015, 05:28:15 PM »
[shamelessplug]
The new Robot Wars RA2 has new, super detailed models of Typhoon 2 and Storm II should you be interested, with sounds for weapons taken from real bots.
[/shamelessplug]
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Tobester

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2015, 05:36:23 PM »
[shamelessplug]
The new Robot Wars RA2 has new, super detailed models of Typhoon 2 and Storm II should you be interested, with sounds for weapons taken from real bots.
[/shamelessplug]

Could I get a DL link?  :baffled:

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »
You can get it from the RWRA2 Facebook page, for which there's a big button in my signature or you can cheat and use this.
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline Tobester

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2015, 05:58:47 PM »
You can get it from the RWRA2 Facebook page, for which there's a big button in my signature or you can cheat and use this.

TAR S'much :)))

Offline 123savethewhales

• Rep: 30
  • Friendship is Magic
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2015, 02:32:12 PM »
Make both the shell and the chassis as light as possible, then put ballast at the base of the bot.