Author Topic: Fantasy Robot Wars  (Read 32468 times)

Offline discoinferno

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #200 on: February 23, 2008, 07:09:24 PM »
Poison Stinger VS Cunning Plan

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1: Poison Stinger
Booth 2: Cunning Plan

3, 2, 1, ACTIVATE!

Cunning Plan flips over Poison Stinger but it’s invertible. Now Poison Stinger just… uh… Poison Stinger is not moving properly. Cunning Plan… has flipped itself over, and tries to self right. (FLIP!) OHHHHH!!! What an idiot!! Cunning Plan self-rights out of the arena! Cunning Plan’s driver chuckles at the sight! How can you  LAUGH at a time like this?

CEASE!

Cunning Plan’s plans have failed.
Poison Stinger (accidently) goes through!

Silverback VS Killotine Evo

In the pits, Steve and David have something to say to Silverback.

Steve: We’re going to wipe the floor with you.
David: We’re going to sentence you to the Killotine!

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1: Silverback
Booth 2: Killotine Evo

3, 2, 1, ACTIVATE!

Killotine immediately SLAMS into the side of Silverback and axes it! (BANG! BANG! BANG!) The axe leaves huge dents in the hardox armour, but I think Killotine has done more critical damage! Look! Silverback is smoking! Smoke is pouring out like a volcano! I think Killotine axed right through the armour, and to the innards! Now, Killotine presses the pit button and you know what? The pit yawns open. :grin: Now Killotine, zooming in towards Silverback, and dumps Silverback into the darkness. Then, David and Steve slam hands together.

CEASE!

Silverback wasn’t tough enough to take a trip to Neverland. :lol:
Killotine Evo goes through!

Offline discoinferno

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #201 on: February 23, 2008, 07:10:51 PM »
Poison Stinger VS Killotine

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1: Poison Stinger
Booth 2: Killotine

3… 2… 1… ACTIVATE!

Killotine rams Poison Stinger with its axe. (BANG!) Oh! There goes the gas tank! Now, Poison Stinger is weaponless! Killotine is pushing Poison Stinger into the side walls, where the angle grinders are. BZZT! Mmm… Sparksy… Poison Stinger… um… why is Poison Stinger taking on the angle grinder all of a sudden? Nisha Khare, the new driver of Poison Stinger, must have drunken alcohol or something like that. :lol: They went through the two rounds with doing absolutely nothing... in the previous battle, Poison Stinger got flipped so many times by Cunning Plan, and it looked like Cunning Plan would win, until Cunning Plan self righted OOTA! :lol: Anyway, Killotine now SLAMS Poison Stinger into the pit button, and makes some more holes! Steve McGregor is on the controls of Killotine, along with his younger brother, David McGregor on the weapons. They are both engineers. Killotine is now zooming in, and time is running out in the competition. Poison Stinger has very little movement and Killotine is now pushing and shoving Poison Stinger ever so close to the pit. Poison Stinger is stuck at the edge of the pit, Killotine comes in, trying to finish it off, but…

CEASE!

Damage
Poison Stinger- 0
Killotine- 3

Control
Poison Stinger- 0
Killotine- 3

Style
Poison Stinger- 0
Killotine- 3

Aggresion
Poison Stinger- 0
Killotine- 3

Total Score: 12 – 0 for Killotine

Poison Stinger needs a non-drunk driver, methinks. :lol:
KILLOTINE GOES THROUGH TO THE SERIES SEMI-FINALS!

Offline 6_teen

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
WOOT!

GREAT FIGHTS DISCOINFERNO!

Well, here's the semi-finallist list.

Axe-O-Lotl
BIACS-LE
Aneurysm
Scorpion Bite
Tempest
Metal Sonic Spin Dash
Killotine Evo
:mrgreen: I have Razer, Hypnodisc, 259, Tornado, Supernova and Vertigo in my Team!  :mrgreen:

Offline Scrap Daddy

Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2008, 04:35:27 PM »
Quote from: Scrap Daddy;6864
wait whats going on? Ill register a bot I guess. Whatever that means.

and yet again I say it would be really cool if one of you downloaded fraps  or some kind of video recording problem and actually made videos of this and then put it on Youtube. Like RobotWars was still on air.

Offline hypno259

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #204 on: March 05, 2008, 12:15:45 PM »
WOOOOOT!!! GREAT JOB, DISCOINFERNO!!!!

Guys, Discoinferno will do Heat H as well, so... I just have the contestants.

Heat H Contestants:

Thermidor II (17)
Peanut Cracker
Apocalypse
Zombie
War Saws
Storm Force II
Pressure Point
Sheer Heart Attack

Thermidor II
Weapon: Flipper

Peanut Cracker
Weapon: Flipper/Crusher

Apocalypse
Weapon: Vertical Spinning Disc

Zombie
Weapon: Chainsaw

War Saws
Weapon: Saws

Storm Force
Weapon: Twin Axes

Pressure Point
Weapon: Axe and Ramming Spikes

Sheer Heart Attack
Weapon: 22kg, 5000RPM Drum with 8 beater bars
All I really need to know I learned in Kindergarten: My Version

"Never argue with an adult, because they will beat the crap out of you."
"If you want to kill someone because they did bad stuff to you, then think again."
"Do not use Alt+F4 while in the bot lab."
"Insects don\'t stand any chance in heaven, hell or the middle."
"Drinking a nice refreshing cup of mercury at every breakfast will help you grow nice and strong."
"It is not safe to run with scissors, because you will trip and stab yourself, and the government will think terrorists did it, and they will start a nuclear war and everyone will die."

Offline 6_teen

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #205 on: March 05, 2008, 12:44:39 PM »
So, RA2Lover, you are up against Thermidor 2, Apocalypse, and Zombie. Any tactics?
:mrgreen: I have Razer, Hypnodisc, 259, Tornado, Supernova and Vertigo in my Team!  :mrgreen:

Offline RA2lover

• Antweight
  • Not-so-active-guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #206 on: March 05, 2008, 02:05:45 PM »
I guess Zombies Chainsaw is not That effective against Steel. (Matilda for one example). The External Internal Combustion Engine should Help SelfRight Alot.(OK, the top 2 things are Air Tanks, Compressing the fuel so that it wont stall upsidedown.) Vert Spinners have usually slow turning due to gyroscopic force. And Peanut Cracker is fast enough and the plow gives some good front Protection. If the motor gets snatched off, a Battery, used usually to start the engine, will still give enough powa:grin: for nearly 1.75 minute.
The only Drawback is because Thermidor IIs front is a little narrow, so it wont get Full Flipping power. I will not go on tactics to avoid the other bots from achieveing a way to counter balance this.

Offline 6_teen

• Beetleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #207 on: March 09, 2008, 06:26:38 PM »
Hypno259, you are in charge of this group again. I shall be more than happy to invite more people. Disc-o-Inferno, I think you should help hypno259 with all the fights and all that... ^_^

CHIAO!

Offline hypno259

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #208 on: March 09, 2008, 07:04:48 PM »
YOU CAN COUNT ON ME, SIR! :mrgreen::grin:

"If you want to kill someone because they did bad stuff to you, then think again."
"Drinking a nice refreshing cup of mercury at every breakfast will help you grow nice and strong."
"It is not safe to run with scissors, because you will trip and stab yourself, and the government will think terrorists did it, and they will start a nuclear war and everyone will die."

Offline MadBull

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #209 on: March 10, 2008, 06:36:27 PM »
Quote from: hypno259;6907

Sheer Heart Attack
Weapon: 22kg, 5000RPM Drum with 8 beater bars

Sheer Heart Attack is from Enschede, Holland, not The Hague :-D

Offline hypno259

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #210 on: March 10, 2008, 06:57:28 PM »
Quote from: MadBull;6945
Sheer Heart Attack is from Enschede, Holland, not The Hague :-D

Yeah but this is FANTASY robot wars... it never happened.

Offline hypno259

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #211 on: March 10, 2008, 06:58:21 PM »
Quote from: hypno259;6946
Yeah but this is FANTASY robot wars... it never happened.

the fights all happen on dsl, though.

Offline Scrap Daddy

Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #212 on: March 10, 2008, 09:03:14 PM »
Then why dont you record the fights and put them up here instead of poinless descriptions.

Offline MadBull

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #213 on: March 11, 2008, 05:48:25 AM »
I'm sorry, I came here out of interest of Robot Wars but I am completely new to DSL and stuff, what's this "Fantasy Robot Wars" about?

Offline discoinferno

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #214 on: March 12, 2008, 08:57:38 AM »
It's a fanfic competition that 6_teen, Hypno259 and I made.

Offline MadBull

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #215 on: March 12, 2008, 03:35:50 PM »
where do you get these fantasy robots from?

Offline hypno259

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #216 on: March 14, 2008, 06:52:46 PM »
We make it all!

Offline discoinferno

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #217 on: March 14, 2008, 07:24:58 PM »
From Norridge and the #17th Seeds, Thermidor 2!

The lobster-shaped robot returns, but we get sick to our stomach because we eat it too much every year. In the first series, they got beaten up real good by the 5th seed, Master Guillotine (Chipper 2 back then) and last year, they’ve got to the heat final, only to be  pushed into the pit by Kat 3. They’ve still got a massive front flipper, but like all flippers, it always has limited CO2.

From Brazil, Peanut Cracker!

The only robot we have from Brazil, Peanut Cracker has the old Diotoir-Style Scoop and Crusher. The ground clearence is quite low, and it has some STAINLESS STEEL armour on, and it has no weaknesses… or so they say! We’ll just have to see about that! HA!

From Sacramento, California, Zombie!

Zombie has a massive chainsaw for a weapon, and it can run both ways up. However, the chainsaw is very ineffective on steel.

From New Berlin, Wisconsin, Apocalypse!

Apocalypse has a vertical disc spinning at 1000RPM, and it can cause some serious showers of sparks. However, its aluminium armour will definitely be questionable.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1: Thermidor 2, Peanut Cracker
Booth 2: Zombie, Apocalypse

3, 2, 1, ACTIVATE!

So, the first battle of Heat H commences now. We already saw 7 seeded machines go out in the first seven heats. Will there be another? Now Apocalypse starting out fast, and Peanut Cracker is alongside him. (FLIP!) OH!!! What on earth was that which came flying?! Let’s look at it on the replay there, and… Oh goodness me! It was Thermidor 2 flicking Zombie out the arena, a meter away from the arena wall!! That has to be a record flip! Now, Peanut Cracker is slamming into Apocalypse now. (FLIP!) It flips it onto its side! They can’t self-right, and now Thermidor 2 slams into Apocalypse! (FLIP!) OHH!! They chuck it right out of the arena! Great teamwork, you two!

CEASE!
Thermidor 2 and Peanut Cracker go through!

From San Diego, California, War Saws!

War Saws is about to crank up the carnage with his circular saw, which spins at 1000RPM. The saw is powered by an NPC-64 Motor, and could do some serious damage. The only problem is, the robot is *cough cough* too LIGHT!

From Brantford, Ipswich, UK, Storm Force!

Storm Force has got twin axes for a weapon which comes down at the force of over 100PSI. This is sure to blow every opponent away, but it does not like spinning weapons, and there are TWO in this fight…

From The Isle of Wight, UK, Pressure Point!

Pressure Point has a mighty axe, with a nice and clean diamond edge. However, it’s vulnerable to flippers.

From The Hague, Holland, Sheer Heart Attack!

Think 101 with a smaller body and a front spinning drum capable of tearing the crap out of you, and with two titanium bars at the rear, the already strong tracks are hardly susceptible to spinners. It’s also got 15mph top speed, and the 6mm titanium isn’t too shabby either. The drum itself is 22kg and can dish out 40kJ at its max, 5000rpm.

ROBOTEERS, STAND BY!

Booth 1: War Saws, Storm Force
Booth 2: Pressure Point, Sheer Heart Attack

Storm Force, first to move, is axing Pressure Point and makes a dent in the 4mm Hardox armour. Now, SHA gets the drum spun up to full speed ahead and hits Pressure Point with it! (CRASH!!!!) OH!!!!! The axe is ripped clean off of Pressure Point! However, they still can survive if one of the robots does something realy stupid and drives down the pit or something like that. Now, SHA gets the drum up to speed again and SLAMS right into the side of Storm Force! (CRASH!!!!) That drum is cranking up the carnage level again! Pieces of polycarbonate are getting strewn across the ring! War Saws is now beginning to spin up and hit Pressure Point, and now Pressure Point takes no damage at all! (CRASH!!!!) OH HO HO HO HO HO HO HO!!!!!! SHA comes out of nowhere and slams into the side of Pressure Point AGAIN, and out comes a battery! Now SHA just crashes into the pit button, and uh… SHA? You’re supposed to gently nudge it, not smash it to pieces, which you just did. :lol: Anyway, SHA is now pushing Storm Force into the pit… and BOOM! Down goes Storm Force. Three robots remain, but I think that Pressure Point might be out as well, because SHA pushes it into the pit. BOOM! SHA's driver, Martijn Benschop thrusts his fist up into the air for joy.

CEASE!
War Saws and Sheer Heart Attack go through!

PS: Right, Ra2Lover, I absolutely don't want to tell you this, but I have extremely bad news for you... You're up against Sheer Heart Attack... :cry:

Offline Naryar

• Rep: 21
  • hybrids oui oui
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #218 on: March 15, 2008, 05:47:28 AM »
Yes, there are actually DSL bots and arenas. Or he just downloaded DSL AI, components and arenas...

Hey 6_teen it seems you have made a lot of bots and a lot of AIing, could you make a showcase ?

And I could be interested.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2008, 05:49:33 AM by Naryar »

Offline RA2lover

• Antweight
  • Not-so-active-guy
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Fantasy Robot Wars
« Reply #219 on: March 15, 2008, 11:31:12 AM »
some bots just cant be built in RA2, like psychosprout and mechadon... you can use 4 players in the same computer. AI is just plain dumb, especially in arenas with lots of hazards, unless there is some special coding involved ,like the electric arena. the RW arena hasn't this coding.
some bots were made by others, not him...