Author Topic: Dummy Bots  (Read 1399 times)

Offline vdogamez

• Antweight
  • Rep: 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dummy Bots
« on: March 10, 2006, 03:21:39 PM »
One of the downsides of the competent AI and worthy bots in DSL is that I don't have my crash test dummy (the pillbug thing). It was what I used to see how my bots were at destruction in general. I reccomend a dummy to fight and see how much damage you can do.

Offline mean2u

• View Profile
    • Awards
Dummy Bots
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2006, 03:33:15 PM »
We'll be skipping ahead this week to the last stock team, The Scrappers. Instead of having 3 real robot replicas as the other 3 bots in their team, they have... these.

We all know how much players like not just destroying their opponent's control board, but completely and utterly dominating their opponent, tearing off as many pieces as possible and laughing maniacal, evil laughter as debris litters the arena floor like snow :twisted: And DSL 2.0 delivers.

When a Tornado Went Through a Junkyard, The Stuff of Champions, and Wreck Tangle are all junk bots using the 'useless' AI parts, specifically designed with maximum 'shredability' in mind. They make excellent targets for when you just want to totally destroy something.

Oh, and on a related subject: All of those AI parts will be available as cheatbot2 components in DSL 2.0, so you'll be able to make some scrap bots of your own if you want, although it won't be considered stock.

Offline 379

• Antweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Dummy Bots
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2006, 09:21:31 PM »
I used to pick on Scout and Sentinel when I had stock AI. After I got DSL, I'd pick on WhamBam instead, occasionally Growler
Wanting to build a bot, but cant plot that chassis? PM me and I\'ll build you a chassis. All I need from you is the desired weapon type, desired weight class, invertable(yes/no), and how many wheels you want. limit 4 wheels min on MW/HW