Author Topic: Pay Tribute With Replicas  (Read 1472183 times)

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pay Tribute With Replicas
« Reply #5800 on: November 14, 2014, 08:07:05 AM »
I'd have a go at it :)
INB4 a "halp i cant into gmf" thread is created.

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • Rep: -3
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #5801 on: November 16, 2014, 01:56:48 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to customize my profile? I'm quite new to having a profile on Gametechmods and I don't know how to customize it. Could any of you help? Love the rep's, by the way. They're great. Wish I could do them the way you guys can.  :ermm: :question: :claping

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5802 on: November 16, 2014, 02:08:08 PM »
Can anyone tell me how to customize my profile? I'm quite new to having a profile on Gametechmods and I don't know how to customize it. Could any of you help? Love the rep's, by the way. They're great. Wish I could do them the way you guys can.
At the top of the page there is a bar under the GTM Logo where you can select Profile, next to BotExchange. From there you can see an orange button above the summary of your profile, called 'Profile Info', and next to it is 'Modify Profile'. Hover over it and you see a drop down list, from the list select 'Forum Profile'. Then you are taken to a page to edit your profile.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5803 on: November 16, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »
Just found that out after I sent the text. Now I'm trying to import my own custom Profile avatar from the upload, but it won't let me. :realmad( :vista:

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5804 on: November 16, 2014, 02:12:16 PM »
Just found that out after I sent the text. Now I'm trying to import my own custom Profile avatar from the upload, but it won't let me. :realmad( :vista:
Is it within the allowed dimensions and saved as a png, gif, or jpg?

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5805 on: November 16, 2014, 02:26:28 PM »
Sonny, I just saw Atilla the Drum and noticed that on Robot Wars Series 4 his flailing star moved about  when he span around. Like the robot, though. Really great

Is it within the allowed dimensions and saved as a png, gif, or jpg?

Uh, what are they and how do I access them?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 05:06:36 PM by Craaig »

Offline Lemonism

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5806 on: November 16, 2014, 03:25:20 PM »
Uh, what are they and how do I access them?
I assume you mean what are the allowed dimensions? I don't know what the allowed dimensions are (128x128 possibly?).
Also, rather than post twice in a row you can use the edit button when viewing your post to edit in whatever you want to add.
Download Mortis.py

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5807 on: November 16, 2014, 03:40:26 PM »
Never mind, I just did it a different way by using the internet to open my picture, then copy the http:// thing (Think it's called a URL title), and pasted it in the URL slot and it worked. YES! Now I just need to make a new YouTube channel involving what my avatar says. ROBO BOYS!

Here is my rep. Kaizer Panic. Sorry, but I forgot who made it. It wasn't team Panic with Kim Davis, that I know.
Didn't think the images would be this small. I'll try a different rep next time and see if I can change the image size. Besides, I'm quite new to this.

Oh. Thanks, man.

Untitled.png
180px-Kaizer_Panic.png

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5808 on: November 16, 2014, 03:47:37 PM »
Here is my rep. Kaizer Panic. Sorry, but I forgot who made it. It wasn't team Panic with Kim Davis, that I know.0
RogueTwoRobots, then it was sold on.

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5809 on: November 16, 2014, 04:13:35 PM »
I've just played my Robot Arena 2 DSL game and Print screened this shot of Tilly XP and Mortis. Lemonism, I know what you said, but I haven't a clue how to add a picture into a text that was already sent. Kurt Wylde, thanks for telling me. Any ways, here they are. And please don't tell me to reskin Tilly Xp. I didn't skin him, I did him in paint and imported the paint work, but it was a b**** to do. Every time I did it, it wouldn't work. Getting it right took ages for me since I'd never done this before. Anyway, hope you like it. Could've improved on Mortis a bit better, but it was on DSL instead of the original Robot Arena 2 game. Oh well.
Tilly Xp vs Mortis.png
Tilly XP.jpg
180px-Mortis3.jpg

Offline Lemonism

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5810 on: November 16, 2014, 04:13:54 PM »
Never mind, I just did it a different way by using the internet to open my picture, then copy the http:// thing (Think it's called a URL title), and pasted it in the URL slot and it worked. YES! Now I just need to make a new YouTube channel involving what my avatar says. ROBO BOYS!
I'm afraid that didn't actually work, since according to my computer the URL of the image you are using is 'http://c/Users/Learner/Pictures/Robo%20Boys%202.png'. This is a location on your computer, so I can't see the image without access to your computer. So that we can see it first upload the image here: https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?page=image_host
and then paste the image URL you get from that instead. Please also use this method of uploading images for pasting on the forums rather than thumbnail attachments, by using the URL from the uploader and then putting around the url. That is also the reason your images are so small.
Download Mortis.py

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5811 on: November 16, 2014, 04:55:50 PM »
Got it. I might've changed it. I copied the other one just in case. Here's my other rep which I made from a Kronic 2 rep that Badnik96 made and sent to allow other players to play with. This rep is called Weed.
 This is what it looked like as Kronic 2 by badnik96, and this is how Weed looks now. I did it this way because I would never have been able to make a robot like Kronic 2.

To be honest, this sometimes happens when I fight Bob. Although if that does happen, he just spawns out of the game and I win instantly in a second. Not always, but sometimes. Him flying out of control like this, though, that's new.

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #5812 on: November 16, 2014, 05:08:05 PM »
Cleaned up a couple of double posts. In future, if nobody has replied and it's pretty soon after your last post, just edit your message into the old post with the 'edit' button :)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5813 on: November 16, 2014, 06:17:06 PM »
Dapika, I saw your Ghetto-Bot and I think you should've made some of it in Paint. That's what I did. Here's my version of Ghetto-Bot. Didn't go as well as I thought it would against T-Minus. :facepalm:
 Here's what he looks like.

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #5814 on: November 16, 2014, 07:15:03 PM »
dank
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5815 on: November 17, 2014, 02:31:16 PM »
To be really honest, I haven't a clue how to skin. I've got a feeling that you all use Photoshop, but I don't have that. I did the trial of it, but now I can't use it so I've uninstalled it and I've been using paint. Frankly, it hasn't been easy for me since I do one side of the robot, then import the paint to see if it's right. If it's not, then I try again. Sometimes, it's really hard to do like Tilly XP. He was a pain. I was stuck on the top of the robot. I imported the paint, but it wasn't right. I just then painted the whole top orange and that seemed to be alright. I can't make robots the way you all do, but I just try my best. Yeah, some of them are rubbish at flipping and can't flip at all, and one of my creations drives like Mazakari's Mastiff. But I don't really care. As long as I build them and try my best to make them look for better than how I normally make them( which are really crap), then I'm happy. Although, I would like to know how to make an arena for this game. I might try and make some rep's using the Robot Arena 2 that isn't DSL.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2014, 03:37:27 PM by taylorgang85 »

Offline cephalopod

« Reply #5816 on: November 17, 2014, 02:35:51 PM »
A lot of people use paint.net and/or GIMP, both of which are free and very powerful programs, but take a while to learn.
Try that instead of making arenas - that is a WHOLE lot more difficult. Exporting the chassis template helps, if you're not doing that already. :)
bristol bot builders / two headed death flamingo / snappy robots
//
kindest and friendliest '13, '15, '16, '17 / favourite staff member '14, '15

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5817 on: November 17, 2014, 02:40:37 PM »
I know building robots is easier than building arena's, but I saw someone playing on the robots wars arena from series 2. I want to try and build the one from series 3 (Even though that'll be hard as hell). Also, here's a robot I made a few weeks ago from Roaming Robots, Panic. And I'll be honest with you, he can't flip jack. But I was lucky enough to flip Panic Attack over, and then did it again as he self righted.

Offline Lemonism

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5818 on: November 17, 2014, 03:01:42 PM »
Rather than far out battleshots of your replicas, can we have close-up cropped images of them instead? So for example instead of this:
upload this:
That way we get a better view of just the replica. Battleshots can go in the separate battleshots thread.
From the picture you gave us, however, the skin doesn't look bad at all, especially if you're just using paint to do it. It is slightly inaccurate, as Panic has several smaller spiderwebs rather than one big web in the middle, but otherwise it looks pretty good to me.
Download Mortis.py

Offline taylorgang85

• Antweight
  • It's battle time!
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5819 on: November 17, 2014, 03:35:34 PM »
Thanks. Your Acid-Drill bot looks badass, dude. :bigsmile: Do you think you could send it for others to upload? I would love to play around with him to see how he fights. Also, here's another rep call G3-FP, created by team MAD.

Surprisingly, this site doesn't allow me to import screenshots. Don't know why. Plus, you should see my Obsidian robot of Roaming Robots. I did him perfectly, but the paint job on the bot was all back to front. And I made a Decimator who can't drive properly for reasons of god knows why, and I was just scribbling on him with white paint. I might or might not upload them. Depends on if you guys want to or not. Cool if you guys don't' though.

P.S: This guy doesn't flip good, but he can self-right, so I'm happy with that. He's better than my Tilly XP bot who can't do either flip OR self-right.