Author Topic: Pay Tribute With Replicas  (Read 1472175 times)

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
Re: Pay Tribute With Replicas
« Reply #5720 on: August 24, 2014, 02:54:23 AM »
Best Mute replica I`ve seen. Good job!
Seconding. Great job!

Offline TheUnknownRobotics

• UnknownMartin
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Sm4sh NNID: Nixtram
    • http://www.youtube.com/ch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5721 on: August 24, 2014, 02:34:56 PM »
Completely rebuilt Mute
(Image removed from quote.)
Great Mute, Sonny! My only concern is that he might be a bit too tall. It could be the angles or myself, though.
Mostly a lurker and Sm4sh Bros. player nowadays. :3

Offline thesnowingsteak

• Middleweight
  • Rep: -1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5722 on: September 01, 2014, 11:16:05 AM »
Completely rebuilt Mute
(Image removed from quote.)

Dude one question why don't you make these available to the general public they're THAT good.

PS: Enjoying Series 4 on your youtube.
The art of insanity is the very core of art itself.

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5723 on: September 01, 2014, 12:12:20 PM »
Because if you had all my robot, you could figure out the results of each match before they happen.

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5724 on: September 02, 2014, 11:22:17 AM »
Dude one question why don't you make these available to the general public they're THAT good.
It's his stuff, he can do what he wants with it.

Offline thesnowingsteak

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5725 on: September 02, 2014, 11:29:09 AM »
It's his stuff, he can do what he wants with it.

He can do what he want I just wanted his prospective and besides HereticBlue's make his own AI rep pack so when that comes out I'll enjoy that.

• Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5726 on: September 02, 2014, 11:44:13 AM »
The effort involved isn't worth it.  My game and folders are very messy and use confusing abbreviations.  It works for me baecause I'm familiar with it and know where everyting is, but it's no good for an outsider.

You would need my entire game file just to use my bots because I make custom componets for each one.  To get my game to a presentable format would require an incredible amont of work - if I were to hire someone to do all the work, they would probably charge about $500 for the full service.  If anypne is volunteering to do it for free, I'm game, but everyone who's volunteered this far, backed out before long.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5727 on: September 02, 2014, 11:55:50 AM »
The effort involved isn't worth it.  My game and folders are very messy and use confusing abbreviations.  It works for me baecause I'm familiar with it and know where everyting is, but it's no good for an outsider.

You would need my entire game file just to use my bots because I make custom componets for each one.  To get my game to a presentable format would require an incredible amont of work - if I were to hire someone to do all the work, they would probably charge about $500 for the full service.  If anypne is volunteering to do it for free, I'm game, but everyone who's volunteered this far, backed out before long.
500 seems a bit of a stretch for a bit of clean-up work. Sure, it would be long and tedious, but I don't think it's $500 worth.

• Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5728 on: September 02, 2014, 12:31:11 PM »
A low skill temp worker in Massachusetts earns $10 - $12 per hour, and I believe this is a 40-hour project.  The AI is a mess, the old bots are on top, and thenewest ones are down at Team #80 or something like that.  They need to be moved to the front, or else you have no single player mode.  And speaking of, none of my bots are lw and few are mw, so you'd have to change their weight artificially.

You also have to go through the components menu and hide everything that should be hidden.  And, you have to make each bot is DSL 3 compatible - it's an arduous task and I've only gotten through a small sliver of them.

And finally, you have to check that each component is balanced within the context of the game, damage levels and fragility arent quite in sync.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5729 on: September 02, 2014, 12:40:19 PM »
A low skill temp worker in Massachusetts earns $10 - $12 per hour, and I believe this is a 40-hour project.  The AI is a mess, the old bots are on top, and thenewest ones are down at Team #80 or something like that.  They need to be moved to the front, or else you have no single player mode.  And speaking of, none of my bots are lw and few are mw, so you'd have to change their weight artificially.

You also have to go through the components menu and hide everything that should be hidden.  And, you have to make each bot is DSL 3 compatible - it's an arduous task and I've only gotten through a small sliver of them.

And finally, you have to check that each component is balanced within the context of the game, damage levels and fragility arent quite in sync.
The component balance thing has to be sorted out by the maker of the bots (you.) The sorting of files has nothing to do with component balance. I know nothing of hiding components but it should be a fairly easy task (again, not sure, you could just hide them in cheatbot2 anyway.) Besides, anyone downloading it would probably only pit the AI bots against each other, rather than make their own bots. I would have thought they would just have it for the sake of AI battles. The DSL 3 thing would be very hard but that just means only putting the DSL 2.1 ones in the pack, just leave the rest out. If the majority are on DSL 3, then make it a DSL 3 pack. I'm probably underestimating time for this but I don't think it would be that hard to clean up everything, just time consuming.

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5730 on: September 02, 2014, 12:43:51 PM »
To be honest the untidiness doesn't concern me, but what does is this:
Because if you had all my robot, you could figure out the results of each match before they happen.
I love watching these battles, and I actually don't mind not having the bots myself as long as I can see them fight.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

• Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5731 on: September 02, 2014, 01:16:51 PM »

The component balance thing has to be sorted out by the maker of the bots (you.) The sorting of files has nothing to do with component balance. I know nothing of hiding components but it should be a fairly easy task (again, not sure, you could just hide them in cheatbot2 anyway.) Besides, anyone downloading it would probably only pit the AI bots against each other, rather than make their own bots. I would have thought they would just have it for the sake of AI battles. The DSL 3 thing would be very hard but that just means only putting the DSL 2.1 ones in the pack, just leave the rest out. If the majority are on DSL 3, then make it a DSL 3 pack. I'm probably underestimating time for this but I don't think it would be that hard to clean up everything, just time consuming.

Time consuming IS a problem for me!  I work 40 hours a week and do this in my free time. If I were to include only bots from DSL 2.1, then every bot created since September 2013 is out, as are any improvemnts to bots since then.

Again, I would be ex-bloody-static if someone would volunteer, but you're as blind as Godot in a ketchup factory if you think your estimate is more accurate than mine.

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5732 on: September 02, 2014, 01:28:09 PM »

Time consuming IS a problem for me!  I work 40 hours a week and do this in my free time. If I were to include only bots from DSL 2.1, then every bot created since September 2013 is out, as are any improvemnts to bots since then.

Again, I would be ex-bloody-static if someone would volunteer, but you're as blind as Godot in a ketchup factory if you think your estimate is more accurate than mine.
Ha ha! The Godot thing got me laughing. I would never think that my estimate of time is better than yours and there is no doubt that it is a very time consuming task for someone who works full-time and I respect that. If I were you, I wouldn't want to do a chore for other's enjoyment because of a hobby. I would volunteer but I am little tied up myself. Especially because I have to do the recording and editing of Robot Wars Series 8 DSL Edition.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5733 on: September 03, 2014, 02:07:16 AM »
To be honest the untidiness doesn't concern me, but what does is this:
I love watching these battles, and I actually don't mind not having the bots myself as long as I can see them fight.
My sentiments exactly.
And sonny, love the godot joke.

If Sonny was to release a pack, I'm gonna put money on people coming to him with technical issues like last time. But I'd volunteer since I'm not doing much with Jaydee Wars at the moment and I have barely any mini tourney stuff at the moment. As long as people don't come with "Oh, this has replaced the original skin and this robot doesn't work" (I'll make sure it all works if you want me to do it, but I'm not sure what replicas your including DSL3 or 2).

Offline dezox

• Middleweight
  • Rep: 3
  • I Need To Meditate Or Masturbate Or Both.
    • https://www.youtube.com/u
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5734 on: September 03, 2014, 01:52:30 PM »

Offline freeziez

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • He's Mr. White Christmas, he's Mr. Snow...
    • youtube.com/freeziezGTM
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5735 on: September 03, 2014, 02:39:57 PM »
looks a little too red, but other than that pretty cool. dimensions are good and i love the plow.
obligatory battlebots 5 comment

GTM Awards 2011

Best Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)
Best New Tournament Host: freeziez
Most Suprising Tournament: B4ttlebots (freeziez)

Offline thesnowingsteak

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5736 on: September 04, 2014, 01:06:00 AM »
I agree on red paint it's like when I see a rep of bigger brother that's brown not dark gray.

Great rep otherwise.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5737 on: September 04, 2014, 04:28:47 PM »
OK, so I've got in touch with SR about a packand I've volunteered to do it. I have stopped doing the flipper and spin thing that a lot of people said stop to and changed to weapon omni so people don't have to worry about that. All i need is make double components for robots with textures so they won't be overwrited.
I have enough FW's to start somethimg Robot wars series 7 did. A featherweight championship. I'll be doing one battle each heat and have 4 heat battles and the final another episode. I made this for it:

It's balanced (like all my other replicas) and quite stable. Hope you like it.
I'll post more info on Jaydee Wars thread about the FW display tournament.

• Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5738 on: September 04, 2014, 11:49:54 PM »
I agree on red paint it's like when I see a rep of bigger brother that's brown not dark gray.

Great rep otherwise.
In his defense, these bots can look differently-colored under different light.  Clawed Hopper from Series 4 looked green in pictures, but in videos, it was clearly yellow.  I'm not slacking by the by, I'm working on a bot that's close to me and I've already finished one leg.

Offline thesnowingsteak

• Middleweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5739 on: September 05, 2014, 12:44:51 AM »

Great rep otherwise.
In his defense, these bots can look differently-colored under different light.  Clawed Hopper from Series 4 looked green in pictures, but in videos, it was clearly yellow.  I'm not slacking by the by, I'm working on a bot that's close to me and I've already finished one leg.

I'm going to guess that it's anarchy from series 6.