Author Topic: Pay Tribute With Replicas  (Read 1472069 times)

Offline TommyProductionsInc

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 12
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Pay Tribute With Replicas
« Reply #5600 on: July 17, 2014, 04:18:58 PM »
Here's Ginsu, in his Battlebots Season 2 guise:

One of my favorite bots. :mrgreen:

Offline RedAce

• Host of The Award Winning Deathmatch Series
  • Rep: 21
  • Yep, I'm that RedAce guy.
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
  • Discord: ThatRedAceGuy#3618
« Reply #5601 on: July 17, 2014, 04:22:07 PM »
Hell yeah man, that looks great!

Offline Resetti's Replicas

• Rep: 18
  • Replica King
    • ResettisReplicas
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5602 on: July 17, 2014, 10:47:50 PM »
Wild Thing with new components. The old one just had a disc, this version has a big chunky flywheel like the original.  The wedge is cinched off, and the angle adjusted.  Also the lifting arm is moved so it can't be a good flipper anymore.  May be a disadvantage, but it's only fair, this version never used its lifter as a weapon except one time against Chaos 2.

Offline Natef

• Rep: 6
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Nate Reviews Home
    • Awards
« Reply #5603 on: July 17, 2014, 10:58:11 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

sweet! just like the mcdonalds toy i have at home!

Offline GroudonRobotWars

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
    • Groudonrct3
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5604 on: July 18, 2014, 12:16:05 AM »
Looks amazing  :thumbup

Offline I Like Tacos

• Lightweight
  • Rep: 4
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5605 on: July 18, 2014, 12:25:11 AM »
Wild Thing with new components. The old one just had a disc, this version has a big chunky flywheel like the original.  The wedge is cinched off, and the angle adjusted.  Also the lifting arm is moved so it can't be a good flipper anymore.  May be a disadvantage, but it's only fair, this version never used its lifter as a weapon except one time against Chaos 2.(Image removed from quote.)
Nice, that's actually pretty satisfying for some reason to see it fixed.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5606 on: July 18, 2014, 01:53:12 PM »

sweet! just like the mcdonalds toy i have at home!
I had the McDonalds toy too! :mrgreen:

Offline HereticBlue

• Rep: 22
  • Team Immersion Robotics
    • View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #5607 on: July 20, 2014, 01:44:14 PM »
Very nice work lads. Never thought Id ever see Ginsu In RA2, massive achievement well done!

Sonny, gorgeous Wild Thing, much better than mine I think. Brilliant work.

My four recent replicas were lined up together in 3D Studio Max when I was about to export Meggamouse... So I had to take a screenshot.  :thumbup

Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

https://m.facebook.com/teamimmersionrobotics/

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5608 on: July 20, 2014, 01:47:22 PM »
Stunning. I have no other words to describe them. Just amazing.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline El Chickenado

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • from the 200's apparently... dont judge.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5609 on: July 20, 2014, 01:55:54 PM »
I NEED TO GET A 3D DESIGNER ON MY HOME COMPUTER! these make me happy because now more people will use 3d studios to make awesome mods based on how good this one is, thank you HB, THANK YOU! :bigsmile:
"cool quote" poet
dsl showcase
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=15982.msg633553;topicseen#new
and my forum game
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=16175.0
and my tournament
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=16259.0
TOURNEY RESULTS
powers of three lost in the first round but to clickbeetle so yeah
battlebots 9... i dont want to talk about it
father and son tournament: wait i won something...?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Offline yugitom

• Rep: 17
  • Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5610 on: July 20, 2014, 02:01:59 PM »
now more people will use 3d studios to make awesome mods based on how good this one is
He has a point. Replica makers will be inspired by you, dude and will go to extra lengths and measures to make sure their replicas hold up to yours (same thing said for Resetti.)

Offline El Chickenado

• Super Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • from the 200's apparently... dont judge.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5611 on: July 20, 2014, 02:05:16 PM »
we have entered a new era of ra2, also why isnt there a building style that allows shells made in 3ds max? i know they could be op but there could be a base guideline for them and it would make the style far more realistic
"cool quote" poet
dsl showcase
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=15982.msg633553;topicseen#new
and my forum game
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=16175.0
and my tournament
https://gametechmods.com/forums/index.php?topic=16259.0
TOURNEY RESULTS
powers of three lost in the first round but to clickbeetle so yeah
battlebots 9... i dont want to talk about it
father and son tournament: wait i won something...?
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5612 on: July 20, 2014, 02:08:19 PM »
There really doesn't have to be a building style based on 3d shells, it could just be an additional rule in IRL/Replica tournaments if hosts wish to allow it.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5613 on: July 20, 2014, 04:40:50 PM »
That picture should be the overall logo ( with the bring back robot wars picture and RA2 official mod logo if you understand what I'm saying which not many people will :D)

Offline HereticBlue

• View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #5614 on: July 20, 2014, 05:54:25 PM »
Thanks lads, mind I do use two additional program's and my building style is quite complex. I think I'm the only one who's attempted to compile gmf files that have failed because there's too much detail! My Mod will have a lot of real life robot building components and brand new realistic skins that match every component I've made so when it's released, no-one will need any new components made unless they want a complex replica.

I have offered to teach Tommy everything I know. But after sending a pm back to him saying It would be best going through it over an instant messenger with a call option. I guess this put him off but in reality there is a damn lot to teach and if Tommy doesn't want to take the dive then I'm not too sure many others will. Still, I'm not going anywhere for a while so I'm here to give you lads everything you need... Then I'll sod off. ;)

As for mods, mods are only as good as the effort and time people out into them. There is much for to be improved other than the components, arenas and UI. Hopefully when this is out, there will be better graphics, new sounds and music and better animation. I have to admit this will probably be the biggest thing since DSL, unless 123 has tweaked the sounds and/or graphics. I do understand he's trying to add more weight classes and stuff so he's definitely getting somewhere. Will there be more people like him, myself, and the DSL crew? We'll have to wait and find out.
Team Immersion - Vulture, Amnesia, Amnesia 2, Halcyon, Hysteria and many commissions!

Offline yugitom

• Google Garry's Wars
    • TheYuGiTom
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5615 on: July 20, 2014, 06:01:32 PM »
Never 'sod off', we need people who are as dedicated to their 'work' like you here.

Also, I think your mod will be bigger than Ironforge when it comes out.

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5616 on: July 20, 2014, 06:06:57 PM »
If you're offering tuition then I would happily jump on the bandwagon. I would love to be another replica guy.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5617 on: July 20, 2014, 06:24:45 PM »
Thanks lads, mind I do use two additional program's and my building style is quite complex. I think I'm the only one who's attempted to compile gmf files that have failed because there's too much detail! My Mod will have a lot of real life robot building components and brand new realistic skins that match every component I've made so when it's released, no-one will need any new components made unless they want a complex replica.

I have offered to teach Tommy everything I know. But after sending a pm back to him saying It would be best going through it over an instant messenger with a call option. I guess this put him off but in reality there is a damn lot to teach and if Tommy doesn't want to take the dive then I'm not too sure many others will. Still, I'm not going anywhere for a while so I'm here to give you lads everything you need... Then I'll sod off. ;)

As for mods, mods are only as good as the effort and time people out into them. There is much for to be improved other than the components, arenas and UI. Hopefully when this is out, there will be better graphics, new sounds and music and better animation. I have to admit this will probably be the biggest thing since DSL, unless 123 has tweaked the sounds and/or graphics. I do understand he's trying to add more weight classes and stuff so he's definitely getting somewhere. Will there be more people like him, myself, and the DSL crew? We'll have to wait and find out.
Oh yeah, about that pm...
Well, I don't have skype, a mac, iphone, or ipad, so I'm kinda screwed ATM.
Now, I was going to keep this secret, but I really need help with a Chin-killa replica I'm working on.
Ressetti tried to help, but I keep screwing up the flipper component.
I'm trying to make parts of it translucent, since it's made from a kevlar sheet. I heard that GMF editing was required, but I kinda suck at that still.
The replica itself is near complete, I just need the head to work.

Offline HereticBlue

• View Profile
    • Team Immersion
    • Awards
« Reply #5618 on: July 20, 2014, 06:34:07 PM »
But I'm already an uncle of 3, soon to be 4, in a long term relationship living with my partner and working full time. I have to at least have a hiatus in the future.  :rage

Yeah sure Kurt, as long as you can keep up and understand the Geordie accent. Because of the complexity of the 3D programs video chat is always going to be best so you can see what I'm doing and I can see what your doing. And it will take a while to teach you everything.

Should I charge you? Haha. In all fairness the more complex things get, I think the less people should know of it, and the people who do can make business of it. I understand RA2 is free, but effectively what you'll be doing by teaching other people complex stuff is giving them skills that would be worth thousands of pounds/dollers/eruos/skittles in another game.

Once I finish the Mod, I'll select my 'students' carefully, teach them everything that I have learned so they can carry on from where where myself, 123 and the DSL lads have left off. I want to be taught all the arena making crap myself to the DSL lads and pay my thanks. Then teach a select few for the next generation of RA2 mods because frankly all of us have been on this forum since its early days and I'd be surprised if the others arn't feeling as sick and isolated as me with this game.

And yush I've been drinking but I know (relatively) what I'm yapping on about.  :thumbup

... :facepalm:

EDIT: I'll send you a pm about it tomorrow when I'm sober, What I did was pinched the 'Material' crap from a translucent GMF file and pasted it into my own. Make sure the material count is the same.

If you can sort out the TGA skin and everything chin killa's scoop (assuming its the robot with the pratt on the front) then I'll make you the curved sheet scoop thing.

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • The Forum Autistic
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5619 on: July 20, 2014, 06:37:29 PM »
Here's the tga for Chinkilla's face.