Author Topic: Jaydee99's custom component Showcase  (Read 31228 times)

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Jaydee99's custom component Showcase
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2014, 04:31:04 PM »
Ok, if you want to keep building with custom components, then fine, keep doing it, but don't just keep making loads and loads of bots without actually improving your building.

My advice is: Build and post one bot at a time.
That way we can give our feedback much more easily than if you post loads at once. Also, once you have posted the bot and looked at the comments, improve that bot using the feedback from the comments before building another one. That way your building skill will actually improve rather than stay at this constant plateau of 'meh' building.

TL;DR post bots one at a time please.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline Enigm@

• convicted sex offender
  • Rep: 5
  • :really_makes_you_think:
    • http://www.youtube.com/us
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2014, 04:37:54 PM »
Those are all awful

please know how to play the game before you post
(◕‿◕✿) discord: uncle_slamm steam: bigmommaprodz #unbanlra2

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
  • Rep: -23
  • :/
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • See profile for gamer tags: Yes
« Reply #62 on: July 11, 2014, 07:37:20 AM »
Atomic's friend looks fragile and the skin looks like gay puke. It's not actually that fragile and I agree with the skin
Why is the scoop on a beta motor for Bassline. Bassline's scoop is on a beta motor because it flips.
Hero Wannabe has a weird messy chassis and looks bland. It's quite powerful but looks bland I guess
Irontide doesn't even have a weapon but it doesn't look too bad. The piston is supposed to be the weapon and has beater bars
Napalm's Nemisis looks retarded and is too heavy to be a BW and way too light for a LW. I quickly put it together, that's why
Ramside is stupidly overpowered and looks even more retarded than Napalm's Nemisis. Nope, not retarded, powerful and not overpowered
Rotate Dummy is overpowered and somewhat bland, but at least it looks clean from the outside. Rotate Dummy is bad but performs well
I actually like Second Best other than the intense battery spam. LOL at battery spamming but thanks
Shadow Striker isn't too bad. Fully agree
Speaker Eater is super bland and ugly. super bland, yeah but a good flipper
And finally, I like Your Demons. haha, so do I!

Ok, if you want to keep building with custom components, then fine, keep doing it, but don't just keep making loads and loads of bots without actually improving your building.

My advice is: Build and post one bot at a time.
That way we can give our feedback much more easily than if you post loads at once. Also, once you have posted the bot and looked at the comments, improve that bot using the feedback from the comments before building another one. That way your building skill will actually improve rather than stay at this constant plateau of 'meh' building.

TL;DR post bots one at a time please.

I take this on board with posting one at a time but I do try to improve the building. However, I'm not trying to compete in building skills. But showing off my bots

Those are all awful

please know how to play the game before you post

Thanks a bunch..

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: July 11, 2014, 09:24:35 AM »
Atomic's friend looks fragile and the skin looks like gay puke. It's not actually that fragile and I agree with the skin
When Helloface said it looks fragile, he means if an IRL bot had a flipper like that, It would just break off since there is no cross support or anything. Also, it does not need airtanks at all since bursts don't use Air.
Why is the scoop on a beta motor for Bassline. Bassline's scoop is on a beta motor because it flips.
Bassline isn't realistic then since the flipper would go through the spinner.
Ramside is stupidly overpowered and looks even more retarded than Napalm's Nemisis. Nope, not retarded, powerful and not overpowered
It is overpowered by a ton, each motor only draws 10 amps so you can easily power it with one Die hard battery or 1 Energizer + 1 Duracell pack. The chassis is bulky and just weird, plus if you are trying to do damage, DSL bars mounted like that won't be doing any IIRC. You should upgrade the drive too since RC motors aren't really that great on anything heavier than a LW.
And finally, I like Your Demons. haha, so do I!
Your Demons looks well done and easily is the best thing you have made so far. I am going to assume it was the latest bot you have made, because if so, I hope the next bots you make have the same level of quality as that one

Offline Elementos

• Heavyweight
  • Rep: 2
  • Bringing you the elements...
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #64 on: July 11, 2014, 12:08:05 PM »
Gotta agree, Your Demons is by far the best one. All your other bots look rushed, (may be why you post so many at a time) But Your Demons looks like you have actually taken your time. Hope you can keep up this standard of bot building as you continue.
Tournament Wins:

yug1tom for president 2016

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 01:35:24 PM »
090901 pretty much covered everything I wanted to say, except one thing...
Why did you ignore the last part of my post?
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline 090901

• alcoholic in denial
  • Rep: 22
  • :mrgreen:
  • Awards Donated money for site hosting 2019 GTMCS2 Divison Winner GTMCS Division Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 01:56:04 PM »
I don't get why he has to "learn" DSL when you can basically learn the same exact things in a mod like Ironforge in a much more simple manner.(for example Ironforge doesn't have a metric ton of basically useless parts)

Offline Badnik96

• tired of your shit
  • Rep: 3
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 11, 2014, 02:00:40 PM »
Pick one RA2 mod and learn it before jumping into ll these custom parts. Doesn't have to be DSL, hell it could be the Alphasim robot wars pack for all I care. Just learn that one game mod before leaping into this cluster**** of components.

Offline Mr. AS

• TheGloriousCarbideArstotzkanIronsideChaosProtocol
  • Rep: 19
    • robotarenagtm
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 11, 2014, 02:01:57 PM »
(for example Ironforge doesn't have a metric ton of basically useless parts)
Not yet!
How you make Alarm Clock Pizza is:
Step 1: You buy an alarm clock from the store, and then you have to break it and put it in the sauce.
Step 2: Fold the sauce in 5 slices and put it in the dough.
Step 3: Paint the eggs with a pitcher of a clock showing what time you want to wake up and eat pizza for breakfast.
Step 4: Put the eggs in the dough.
Step 5: Make it flat into a round shape and draw the time you want on it.
Step 6: Put some old steel to prevent other peple from stealing it.
Step 7: Make it flat and cut into 60 slices 1 for each minute in 1 our.
Step 8: Put in the oven set the timer to 30048813.2884 seconds and put the temperature on 'Volcano' setting.
Step 9: If you think it is take to long, then get yor alarm clock and set it to now so that it will ring and you can take it out.
Step 10: Take it out uv the uvin wen it is redy and go to bed. In the morning eat pizza and also eat yor hands bi mistake.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 11, 2014, 06:03:02 PM »
090901 pretty much covered everything I wanted to say, except one thing...
I didn't. I just don't know how to respond. However, this is to my rescue ;

I don't get why he has to "learn" DSL when you can basically learn the same exact things in a mod like Ironforge in a much more simple manner.(for example Ironforge doesn't have a metric ton of basically useless parts)
Thanks. Your my hero.
Pick one RA2 mod and learn it before jumping into ll these custom parts. Doesn't have to be DSL, hell it could be the Alphasim robot wars pack for all I care. Just learn that one game mod before leaping into this cluster**** of components.
Yeah, ok.
Still with this, can someone send the Alphasim RW pack in a zip file instead of an ace? I still can't open it.

Offline Jaydee99

• Waltuhweight
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 18, 2014, 02:23:10 PM »

Packs a powerful flip

Offline Lemonism

• Rep: 16
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: July 18, 2014, 02:30:42 PM »
To me, the way the flippers intersect the chassis looks really off. You could try using smaller bursts and making the chassis shorter, so that the flippers can be flat to the top of the robot without intersecting, or maybe slope the chassis at about the same angle as the flippers.
You also have enough weight to make the chassis a bit more interesting than a plain box. Maybe add some side spikes, or slope the sides of the chassis? Up to you, but I think it would make the bot more interesting.
EDIT: Forgot to say, I like the name/theme of the robot.
Download Mortis.py
Download some of my DSL2.2 Bots

Offline Philippa

• The Queen of GTM
  • Giga Heavyweight
  • Rep: 0
  • ✊ Viva la Standard! ✊
  • Awards BOTM Winner
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 18, 2014, 02:40:47 PM »
Cheesus Crust, my eyes.

okayfirstofallyouneedtonotusesuchalargeboxychassisbecauseitwillgetrapedthenmaketheflipperslineupbetterthenbuildtotheweightlimitlikealwaysthenpostapictureoftheinsidesandtelluswhatarmourithasthenputsomethingonthesidesandbacksoitcanactuallyselfrightandchangetheskinandthesplashbecauseitshurtingmesobadly

*Exhales.*

Offline TheUnknownRobotics

• UnknownMartin
  • Heavyweight
  • Rep: -4
  • Sm4sh NNID: Nixtram
    • http://www.youtube.com/ch
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: July 18, 2014, 02:43:22 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)
Packs a powerful flip
I have to agree with Lemon, the way the flippers go into the chassis doesn't look good at all. Also, the box kind-of shape doesn't fit with flippers like those. I also have a feeling there's a LOT of open space in this bot.
Mostly a lurker and Sm4sh Bros. player nowadays. :3

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2014, 02:46:44 PM »
okayfirstofallyouneedtonotusesuchalargeboxychassisbecauseitwillgetrapedthenmaketheflipperslineupbetterthenbuildtotheweightlimitlikealwaysthenpostapictureoftheinsidesandtelluswhatarmourithasthenputsomethingonthesidesandbacksoitcanactuallyselfrightandchangetheskinandthesplashbecauseitshurtingmesobadly
Cheesus crust, my eyes

Pretty much all been said for the bot, also maybe you could make the flippers wedgy? In my experiance(new acronym please) those types of flippers aren't as good in RA2

Offline helloface

• Rep: -11
  • 090901's cumslave
    • https://www.youtube.com/c
    • View Profile
    • Awards
  • Discord: Helloface#2112
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2014, 02:48:25 PM »
To quote the best thing Mazakari ever said:
It's so beautiful.

In a kind of retarded way.

It's pretty retarded.
Oh I'll be doing some banging.......

Offline Natster-104

• Ultra Heavyweight
  • Rep: 6
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2014, 02:52:50 PM »
To quote the best thing Mazakari ever said:
It's so beautiful.

In a kind of retarded way.

It's pretty retarded.
#mazakaribestquotes

Offline Mask_of_Keter

• Antweight
  • Rep: 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: July 18, 2014, 03:14:33 PM »
From what I understand, the boxy chassis is definitely wasted weight and a big target, not to mention not looking good. I also don't see how the skin (or the bot type) represents "World Rage". The wheels also don't look good clipping out the back. Also, the angled and stock square extenders are very fragile when in DSL.